Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby (1431 Views)

Man Gets A Baby After Joystick Transplant (Photo) / I Want To Be President Of Nigeria One Day - Student With Down Syndrome / Rescued Akwa Ibom Girl Delivers A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
[size=18pt]
"Infant mortality rate is the number of infants dying before reaching one year of age, per 1,000 live births in a given year."[/size]
Of all the countries in the world,Nigeria has one of the worst infant mortality rates only doing slightly better than Chad,central African republic,Somalia,Mali,Sierra Leone ,democratic rep of Congo and Equatorial Guinea
What a huge shame to the so called giant of Africa cry
Who would have imagined that a child born in Rwanda,Sudan,South Sudan,Togo ,Benin republic ,Uganda and even Niger republic is more likely to survive than one born in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.IMRT.IN
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by GboyegaD(m): 7:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
They say we are improving health wise now according to our people.
My worries though is almost all state governors tells us they have improved their health facility and some even have mother and child hospitals which I believe provides both ante-natal and post-natal care for the mother and the child. If this is true, then the number of deaths before age 1 should be reducing and not increasing per year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by politricks: 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
This website must be an APC sponsored website
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by richol(m): 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
and certainly the best to be an adult...loving my country...GEJ TILL 2019.
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
politricks:
This website must be an APC sponsored website

Just incase you are unable to open the link,the rate was 125 deaths for 1,000 births when muhammadu Buhari was head of state
Today it is 74 deaths per 1,000 births

You don't want it to go back there, do you? grin
I bet you wish you never said that wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
richol:
and certainly the best to be an adult...loving my country...GEJ TILL 2019.

FYI life expectancy in Nigeria 1985 when muhammadu Buhari was head of state 46,today with GEJ 52 grin
You don't want us to go back there do you? grin

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.LE00.IN

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by politricks: 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Just incase you are unable to open the link,the rate was 125 deaths for 1,000 births when muhammadu Buhari was head of state

You don't want is to go back there so you? grin
And today its still one of the worst in the world right?
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
politricks:
And today its the worst in the world right?

You are not making sense are you
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
GboyegaD:
They say we are improving health wise now according to our people.
My worries though is almost all state governors tells us they have improved their health facility and some even have mother and child hospitals which I believe provides both ante-natal and post-natal care for the mother and the child. If this is true, then the number of deaths before age 1 should be reducing and not increasing per year.

Statistically it is improving judging by the fact that more babies died before the age of one when muhammadu Buhari was president compared to today but comparatively it is still in the bottom.

Sorry just trying to knock some front teeth out of the APC touts who want to politicize this grin grin not knowing they were setting Buhari up for a slaughter

1 Like

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
Babyosisi, dont let me start o!
Even d so called big man hospital cry
I had placenta previa in my first pregnancy and our so called Dr's don't want to tell me.
Very low lying.
I practically snatched my file from d so called chief gynecologist. Cos he was busy writing rubbish without explanation.
I did scan another place and saw what's up.
I had to hit d net. Surfed and surfed.
Later I brought this up to my dr and he said it is no problem.

At 8 months, I had rashes and rushed to see my dr. Instead of him to take a look at it,he told me he is going for a meeting.
I was scratching uncontrollably.
Had to rush again to a pharmacy friend and she checked and lo it was chicken pox.
I was very lucky.

I didn't tell them,called my family hospital (Indian hospital) and went there.
The day I arrived,they did everything and d gynecologist told me I made a very good decision by coming.
That d way baby was lying, it might be too late to do anything if labour start.
5 days later,i was delivered of my baby tru d best cs one can ever have.

The other one is too emotional for me.

I pity those that go to hospital without doing research.

My baby took vit A and was allergic to it. That soft place on new born head swelled up really bad.
Sso I took him to hospital.
Before u will say jack robinson,head pediatrics,all the drs have surrounded my baby. Asking all manner of useless questions.
At d end of the day,they said my baby has brain tumor.
Had forgotten d name. Fiam,scan.
Fiam,they will place him on antibiotics.
When I heard that one I said no. My baby is ok. He just took vit A. Na so I carry my phone begin do research.
Right there in d hospital, hubby called our Indian pediatrician again.
The first question was, what did he take for the past 24hrs? Hubby said immunization vit A. That was all. Shee now said some babies react to it. That d swelling will go down. We should take him home.
Kaskia.
Meanwhile my hospital(lagoon)has told us to deposit 100k for treatment.
Treatment of what? I don't know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
Infact,im so pissed off.
My baby don't usually fall sick.
Only once and that once,he ate contaminated pineapple. Was strolling uncontrollably.
Like 15times a day. I rushed him to d useless hospital again. The young man I met couldn't place needle well. Imagine.
He attempted up to 5 diff places. See blood everywhere.
Baby stool there. Oya,check the shyte and see the texture, for where.
He gave us ort,para and(i have forgotten d name of the last one)
A baby that has so emaciated over night.
That we should go home and watch it.
Then come back.
I expected instant admission and lab work.
Drip immediately.
I went home and it was not abating, rushed to my pharm friend again.
She gave me one hospital's name and believe u me, I will write that hospital off cos it's in the bush(let me use that word)
Immediately d dr saw this child,admission immediatel, drip and some drugs. Then lab work.
My dear, they even told me that the spped with which d bacteria developed,if they can't flush it, they will refer me to a superior hospital.
But I thank God,they handled it.
Dr will tell u which drug he is giving and what it does.
A young dr. Had to ask him where he schooled cos it's rare to see such dr around.

As per my registered hospital,I no send them again.
Big name for nothing. They only know how to call millions and r very tribalistic too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Debbiemma(f): 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Why will you speak bad of your country, you are not doing it right. Have you for once take out time to pray for Nigeria, instead you are not just talking
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by armyofone(m): 5:37am On Mar 13, 2015
The country is speaking bad of itself already, can't you see that? Keeping quiet in the face of tyranny and mediocrity is making your country go down the drain. You guys should learn to speak up till your voices are hoarse....then maybe somewhere someday things will change for the better.

Speaking up and dying for what you believe in is what made western countries what they are today.

Debbiemma:
Why will you speak bad of your country, you are not doing it right. Have you for once take out time to pray for Nigeria, instead you are not just talking

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Debbiemma(f): 8:42am On Mar 13, 2015
For a long time we have been speaking, what has changed, nothing has changed. My dear speaking changes nothing but prayers does.
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by Marpol: 8:42am On Mar 13, 2015
Debbiemma:

The industrialized nations we all run to did not attain their development thru prayers! Its thru hard-work, dedication and above all patriotism. Patriotism is not by sweeping national issues under the carpet but bringing it to the public.

I don't know if you are married or have children but if you do then you know our hospitals are nothing to write home about. I nearly lost my son when he was 2years old because a doctor was treating him with chloro-quine for malaria in this 21st century.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by cococandy(f): 1:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Debbiemma:
For a long time we have been speaking, what has changed, nothing has changed. My dear speaking changes nothing but prayers does.
Say what?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by rabimlomo: 8:31am On Mar 18, 2015
babyosisi:

You don't want it to go back there, do you? grin
C'mon! Buhari was there for less than 2 years now. and even afghanistan have similar reduction in their own rate too. do we then praise the taliban for a job well done?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by rabimlomo: 8:33am On Mar 18, 2015
Debbiemma:
Prayer alone will not do anything without action. Why then don't you just stay in your house and keep praying for God to give food?
Re: Nigeria,one Of The Worst Places In The World To Be A Baby by chloro: 11:05am On Dec 24, 2015
Marpol:

The industrialized nations we all run to did not attain their development thru prayers! Its thru hard-work, dedication and above all patriotism. Patriotism is not by sweeping national issues under the carpet but bringing it to the public.

I don't know if you are married or have children but if you do then you know our hospitals are nothing to write home about. I nearly lost my son when he was 2years old because a doctor was treating him with chloro-quine for malaria in this 21st century.
nawa o

(1) (Reply)

Mosquito Killer System / Get Rid Of Mold & Mildew In The Bathroom / Pfizer Faulted Over Drug Trials In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.