Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Candid Opinion On The Hate Campaign By The Ruling Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Candid Opinion On The Hate Campaign By The Ruling Party (439 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Candid Opinion On The Hate Campaign By The Ruling Party by stagger911(m): 1:48am On Mar 13, 2015
I've been watching the series of Political ads' and documentaries on Tv and I've noticed that 90% of the ads placed in the media by the ruling party has a sole purpose - to stir up hatred among Nigerians and also play along ethnic lines and demonise the candidature of General Buhari. The PDP said Buhari promoted post election violence in 2011 yet nothing was done about it, he wasn't charged, arrested, reported to the ICC. An effective govt and Commander-in-Chief would act accordingly. They keep airing documentaries about corrupt people yet they arrest nobody. President Jonathan would go the South West and say Buhari arrested your brother but won't state the offence the person committed. He would also go to the South East and say the same thing...I wonder if the guilty are supposed to be roaming the streets. How can a sitting President gather this intel on Opposition leaders and instead of him to prosecute them, he airs this data on the social media? Doesn't this display the height of cluelessness? It shows that you are either lying or incompetent. How can a man kneel in front of pastors this week and then bows before traditionalists (Yoruba Obas) the next week asking for the same thing? Yet you accuse Buhari of being a religious fanatic.

I am also of the view that the Office of the First Lady should be scrapped because not only is it unconstitutional, Dame Patience Jonathan has abused what that office stands for. She is neither an elected officer nor an official of government but she moves in a convoy of government vehicles, led by a siren-blasting pilot car meandering menacingly through clogged traffic to ensure the smooth passage of Madam's convoy. She has a retinue of aides and press crew and a good number of security details waiting on her in the office and at home, distinct from those of the elected chief executive. She has a knack for demonising her husband's opponents and recently in a Presidential campaign in Kogi State, described GMB in this crude manner. I quote her verbatim...
“Wetin him (Buhari) dey find again? Him dey drag with him pickin mate. Old man wey no get brain, him brain don die pata pata,” she said in pidgin English.
This is a First Lady that said before a crowd that those shouting the mantra of Change are not serious and that as a matter of fact they should be stoned anywhere they shout Change! I thought it was a joke until the video went viral.
The next one was when she spoke dispassionately about how her husband should be praised and thanked for improving the welfare of the menacing Almajiri kids in Northern Nigeria but she then went astray by insensitively and inconsiderately saying that the Northerners are fond of bearing children with reckless abandon and throwing them on the streets to fend for themselves. She went further to say such things don't happen in the part of Nigeria you come from, that was tactless.
This isn't an elegant language to be used by any lady not to mention the First Lady and certainly not about a former Head of State. Perhaps they could stop attacking GMB and give Nigerians concrete reasons why they should be re-elected. #Myhonestopinion.

(1) (Reply)

Those Agains This Say Gej. / PVC: How You Can Vote If You Have Relocated. / Jonathan’s Chief Campaign Coordinator Dumps PDP, Joins Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.