Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan (18482 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Al -shabaab Trains Boko Haram - Somalia's President / We Killed Over 300 Boko Haram Fighters, Says Niger Defence Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 13, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan says fighters from
insurgent group Boko Haram have traveled to the
Middle East for training with Islamic State militants.
Jonathan declined to name the countries where the
fighters were allegedly trained. But in an interview with
VOA on Wednesday, he said he’s long suspected Boko
Haram of having alliances with international extremist
groups.

“So, we know the links are there. But even now, we
may not know the degree of linkages as to how much
funds are coming in from them, the kind of volume of
weapons coming in from them, the nationalities
coming from them,” Jonathan said.
“But the training, because some of the Boko Haram
members go to have their training in the ISIS camp
and come back,” he added

In the interview, Jonathan credited both the
intervention of Nigeria’s neighbours as well as the
acquisition of new weapons for turning the tide
against the militants.
He hit back at criticisms that foreign troops aren’t
being allowed to push into Boko Haram strongholds
deep in Nigerian territory. He said Cameroon previously
denied Nigeria permission to pursue Boko Haram into
its territory, and added that restrictions on foreign
troops were matters of coordination.

“I think the idea is that look, for any major aggression,
we should know. Where possible, let some Nigerian
soldiers also be with you,” the President said.
He also said that foreign technicians are present in the
northeast to teach Nigerian troops on how to use their
new weapons, since there wasn’t time to train the
troops before they were deployed.

“So we now have this technical people who are trainers
and technicians, who are to train our people on how to
use them, and technicians that help the maintenance,
at the same time training our people how to maintain
this equipment,” Jonathan said.

He said two unnamed companies were involved in the
training but declined to offer nationalities or numbers
of the trainers.

Jonathan dismissed the suggestion that Boko Haram’s
insurgency had come to define his time in office.
“Yes, it’s a major security issue, it’s the number one
security issue we have as a nation. But definitely, you
cannot define us by Boko Haram,” he said.
As the multinational offensive continues, Jonathan
predicted that the northeastern states of Yobe and
Adamawa would be cleared of Boko Haram territory
before the middle of next week. He said he hopes
neighbouring Borno State, where the group started,
will be cleared in the next three weeks.

But Jonathan said he expects Boko Haram to continue
bombing markets and bus stops. He says the
government’s strategy is to improve intelligence
gathering as well as job and educational prospects in
the northeast as a long-term strategy to destroy the
group.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/isis-trains-boko-haram-fighters-says-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by nzeadachie: 4:34am On Mar 13, 2015
AS THEY DON'T WANT TO STOP THE BEST THING IS TO DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY LET THEM BE ON THEIR OWN AND PRACTICE WHATEVER THEY WANT

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by freshness2020: 4:45am On Mar 13, 2015
...this is getting serious by the day.
..this question still remain unanswered to me....where are these GOD FORSAKEN pests getting their funds and ammunition from undecided undecided?
killing bh foot soldiers wont stop anything..is just like cutting down the branches of a tree and leaving its root to sprout again...
we shouldnt celebrate yet..

8 Likes

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:15am On Mar 13, 2015
Orugo oge onye obula ga-aza aha nna ya..

It's hightime everybody answer's his father's name..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 13, 2015
Na wa for these jihadists

1 Like

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 13, 2015
nzeadachie:
AS THEY DON'T WANT TO STOP THE BEST THING IS TO DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY LET THEM BE ON THEIR OWN AND PRACTICE WHATEVER THEY WANT

With Buhari as their lifetime president if you ask me

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Oklander: 5:25am On Mar 13, 2015
Thought they said there's no evidence linking bh to Isis. Is there evidence now or its the usual confusion of the cluelessness!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 5:30am On Mar 13, 2015

“But the training, because some of the Boko
Haram members go to have their training in the ISIS camp and come back,” he added
This is one thing I just can't stand about this man. His remarks are always so disjointed, lacking in depth, and generally nonsensical. I feel extremely nonplussed whenever I read him and ask myself; does this man really have a first degree, let alone a master's??

I've tried over and over again to make sense of what I quoted up there without success. Most painful is this isn't a typo, it is simply how he speaks (gibberish in most cases when not reading from a prepared speech). Please if anyone has any idea what mr President was trying to say, fill me in.

And mr president I noticed even in your interview with Aisha Sasay, you kept saying "the Boko Haram" blablabla. Pleeeease, the "the" isn't necessary, simply say "Boko Haram". Haba. Could english language be this difficult for a supposed PhD holder?? angry

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 13, 2015
Cluelessness is no longer enough to qualify jonadog

he has so completely destroyed his country with political sentiments, politicised BH see where we are today

I pity those who still support this goat

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 13, 2015
The Terrorists will be defeated... They can train in the US War College if the like, they will be defeated

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by nortcentrallord(m): 5:49am On Mar 13, 2015
nzeadachie:

I honestly support your opinion but on the other side, divide the country and they will ocupy the North and still fight the other countries that will be birthed out of Nigeria. I just pity all these misguided northern christains shouting apc up and down. They will be the most vulnerable.
Yes, it has been religion from the onset. Only those who don't know the history of this country will blindly misquote me.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by anitabeauty(f): 5:52am On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari should call his boys to order. He can't continue using Boko haram to destroy the North all in the bid to force himself on Nigerians. Buhari you are rejected already.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by ziccoit: 5:56am On Mar 13, 2015
This is what happen when you fail to nip a problem by the bud on time. It grows, multiplies and engulfs you. GEJ ineptitude cause this.

15 Likes

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 13, 2015
anitabeauty:
Buhari should call his boys to order. He can't continue using Boko haram to destroy the North all in the bid to force himself on Nigerians. Buhari you are rejected already.
Good thinking. Buhair will kill his fellow kinsmen even though he is aware he isn't as accepted in the South. To what end?
Also, is GEJ the president of the South or President of Nigeria? Why hasn't he arrested Buhari if Buhari is the sponsor of BH?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by stebell(m): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2015
[s]
omenka:
This is one thing I just can't stand about this man. His remarks are always so disjointed, lacking in depth, and generally sensensical. I feel extremely nonplussed whenever I read him and ask myself; does this man really have a first degree, let alone a master's??

I've tried over and over again to make sense of what I quoted up there without success. Most painful is this isn't a typo, it is simply how he speaks (gibberish in most cases when not reading from a prepared speech). Please if anyone has any idea what mr President was trying to say, fill me in.

And mr president I noticed even in your interview with Aisha Sasay, you kept saying "the Boko Haram" blablabla. Pleeeease, the "the" isn't necessary, simply say "Boko Haram". Haba. Could english language be this difficult for a supposed PhD holder?? angry
[/s]

Trash.
Pls add all the campaign speech of ur jihadist buhari and tell me if it's up to 60mins before Feb 14th. Mumu.
Rather than face his interview and make reasonable contribution, as always and typical of yu janjaweeeeds, yu want to mark and correct him. Unam.

The tsunami waitng for yu children of hate, anger and anarchy come March 28th, is still doing press up.

Btw, don't forget this, Buhari will never, I repeat will never be president over a united Nigeria. He's cursed and so shall it be.

GEJ till Tinubu's teeth is white as snow

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:06am On Mar 13, 2015
No evil collaboration fashioned against Nigeria shall prosper.

In one way they will come, in seven ways they will flee. No matter how hard they try, they will never succeed.

Isis,iseven, or ieight, should be wary of coming to Nigeria. Shekau will soon be captured and Nigeria shall experience peace again.

Death to ISIS, death to shekau, death to all blood thirsty demon-possessed, guntotting basstards all over the universe. We shall overcome.

Let's stop the blame game. If shiit hits the ceiling, it's going to affect everybody. United we stand against terror and its marketers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 13, 2015
omenka:
This is one thing I just can't stand about this man. His remarks are always so disjointed, lacking in depth, and generally sensensical. I feel extremely nonplussed whenever I read him and ask myself; does this man really have a first degree, let alone a master's??

"But Jonathan said he expects Boko Haram to continue bombing markets and bus stops. He says the government’s strategy is to improve intelligence gathering" dis man is just too retarded to head a family talkless of a Nation like ours, if anyone likes him so much, they should replace their father with him angry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by richardomoko: 6:12am On Mar 13, 2015
Nigeria is one indivisible nation no matter the obstacles we may face. As such no foreign collaborators would ever destroy what God has ordained. Inspite of the boko haram menance, truth be told. GEJ has performed credibly well.
Equalizer:
President Goodluck Jonathan says fighters from
insurgent group Boko Haram have traveled to the
Middle East for training with Islamic State militants.
Jonathan declined to name the countries where the
fighters were allegedly trained. But in an interview with
VOA on Wednesday, he said he’s long suspected Boko
Haram of having alliances with international extremist
groups.

“So, we know the links are there. But even now, we
may not know the degree of linkages as to how much
funds are coming in from them, the kind of volume of
weapons coming in from them, the nationalities
coming from them,” Jonathan said.
“But the training, because some of the Boko Haram
members go to have their training in the ISIS camp
and come back,” he added

In the interview, Jonathan credited both the
intervention of Nigeria’s neighbours as well as the
acquisition of new weapons for turning the tide
against the militants.
He hit back at criticisms that foreign troops aren’t
being allowed to push into Boko Haram strongholds
deep in Nigerian territory. He said Cameroon previously
denied Nigeria permission to pursue Boko Haram into
its territory, and added that restrictions on foreign
troops were matters of coordination.

“I think the idea is that look, for any major aggression,
we should know. Where possible, let some Nigerian
soldiers also be with you,” the President said.
He also said that foreign technicians are present in the
northeast to teach Nigerian troops on how to use their
new weapons, since there wasn’t time to train the
troops before they were deployed.

“So we now have this technical people who are trainers
and technicians, who are to train our people on how to
use them, and technicians that help the maintenance,
at the same time training our people how to maintain
this equipment,” Jonathan said.

He said two unnamed companies were involved in the
training but declined to offer nationalities or numbers
of the trainers.

Jonathan dismissed the suggestion that Boko Haram’s
insurgency had come to define his time in office.
“Yes, it’s a major security issue, it’s the number one
security issue we have as a nation. But definitely, you
cannot define us by Boko Haram,” he said.
As the multinational offensive continues, Jonathan
predicted that the northeastern states of Yobe and
Adamawa would be cleared of Boko Haram territory
before the middle of next week. He said he hopes
neighbouring Borno State, where the group started,
will be cleared in the next three weeks.

But Jonathan said he expects Boko Haram to continue
bombing markets and bus stops. He says the
group.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/isis-trains-boko-haram-fighters-says-jonathan/

6 Likes

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by kramer: 6:26am On Mar 13, 2015
Huh? Who is giving them passport to travel out of the country? From what I understand most of these boko yam heads are villagers unless the people doing the traveling are their sponsors maybe? To be honest half of our boko areRams problems will be fixed if we just had a working surveillance system in this country.

6 Likes

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Is Islam really a religion of Peace?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Orunto: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2015
Yes! They have a Dictionary of all the Shekaus that they have produced. Barak Obama and the CIA are aware. That was why the US refused the sales of Arms neither from them directly nor from Israel to Nigeria. Man's inhumanity to man, isn't it? They are aware of Buhari's dissapearance from Nigeria to join them to renegotiate the Union of Bokoharam and ISIS. GOD IS WATCHING EVERYTHING. And Humans persist in testing that same GOOD GOD.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 13, 2015
omenka:

Are you drunk by 5:30AM, because all you wrote doesnt make a single sense.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:48am On Mar 13, 2015
Billyonaire:
Are you drunk by 5:30AM, because all you wrote doesnt make a single sense.
k

3 Likes

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by G12(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2015
Buhari's visit to London is questionable

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by abila122: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Emmafrancis: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Imagine where the southern protectorate would have been without that amalgamation.
This fight is not going to be easy. The ideology and mentality of this people is wired differently. May God help us.
When it started they targeted only christian, the Muslims where happy and in support. They even hide and protect the terrorist. The northern elders where against the use of any military force on them.
The tide has changed and muslims are feeling the heat. All of a sudden they accuse the president of been responsible for this issue.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Jostico: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2015
bros j leave those pipo even when giving the best training dem still dey mumu.

1 Like

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by countsparrow: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Presido... U gbaski!!! Expect dem to continue bombing markets and bus stations... grin

#djkhalids voice

U smart
U loyal
And i respect u for dat
Take dis 2,000 naira
Use it to enter young shall grow to Otuoke
Use d change to buy airtime
call ur father, mother, and cousins
If d credit remain, use it to 2go
If e finish abeg no flash me o...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2015
If you still don't know, Jonathan is complicit in boko haram terror activities and he must face prosecution after his ouster from aso rock.
He has no shame whatsoever!

[size=18pt]But Jonathan said he expects Boko Haram to continue
bombing markets and bus stops[/size]. He says the
group.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by XBLadez: 8:15am On Mar 13, 2015
They're all in the same: ISIS, Boko Haram, Al-Shabab, Hezbollah. Evil and devilish Islamic extremist groups sucking the blood of the innocent. E no go better for them

3 Likes

Re: ISIS Trains Boko Haram Fighters, Says Jonathan by AmakaDNB(f): 8:15am On Mar 13, 2015
Y is he telling us...is it time to move to Ghana?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WARNING!!! Dont register your company on CAC online portal is a scam!! / Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike / Anambra 2021: Intrigues, Drama As APC, PDP’s Candidates Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.