Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Strings And Webs - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Strings And Webs (68158 Views)

Strings (poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Teebashy:
Am here with a 3seater chair...any1 cares to join me
Welcome Cutie... Enjoy! Can I join u?
Re: Strings And Webs by Mhizashantee1(f): 9:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
Teebashy:
Am here with a 3seater chair...any1 cares to join me
yea am with you**lemme run to buy popcorn and coke for us**
Re: Strings And Webs by bigwig97(m): 11:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
thronekid:

Again, I got the mention! The monikers're different na
dnt mind me bro!
Re: Strings And Webs by bigwig97(m): 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

Thanks sir... Enjoy!
I reason ur signature oh!
owkay! n thank u
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 16, 2015
bigwig97:
owkay! n thank u
You're welcome....... Enjoy
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 16, 2015
Mhizashantee1:
Get mine too! Also, shey u know you'll have to share the bed with us
Re: Strings And Webs by Elparaiso(m): 6:14am On Mar 16, 2015
Nairaland be like post office....

Their mentions like coming late....
Uncle ThroneKid...
I'm following o....

This is the deal...
You update, I read....
You don't update, I kill
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 16, 2015
Elparaiso:

Uncle ThroneKid...
I'm following o....

This is the deal...
You update, I read....
You don't update, I kill
Sir?
(Runs and hid myself in the kitchen)
I don hear sir! I pray make God help me fa!
Stuff46, abeg, yr boy needs u in this very trying times...
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2015
Elparaiso:

Uncle ThroneKid...
I'm following o....

This is the deal...
You update, I read....
You don't update, I kill
Sir, Your signature Nice o!
Same problem I have here but does that mean you've bundling tons of unsolvable problems around?
₹Justcurioussha
Re: Strings And Webs by Teebashy(f): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

Welcome Cutie... Enjoy! Can I join u?
U are highly welcum
Re: Strings And Webs by Teebashy(f): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2015
Mhizashantee1:
I rili appreciate that swidie
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2015
[size=pt10]Good Morning Nobles and cuties, I really appreciate you guys, thanks for being here!
Happy Mothers day in arrears![/size]
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

U are highly welcum
Thanks Dear.... Lets enjoy the story by ThR0NeKiD together.... Prays he doesn't Bleep up sha cus when He's with you there, many things can occur!..
Re: Strings And Webs by Teebashy(f): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:
Hi people, check out this thread, you'll love it, fun amd entertaining!
WOOING MY CRUSH
dont forget me when u get there o!
hope helenbee will not chop my head off sha
Re: Strings And Webs by Teebashy(f): 7:02am On Mar 16, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

Thanks Dear.... Lets enjoy the story by ThR0NeKiD together.... Prays he doesn't Bleep up sha cus when He's with you there, many things can occur!..[/b]
Hmmmmm
Re: Strings And Webs by HelenBee(f): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

Lol...naughty u!

1 Like

Re: Strings And Webs by Teebashy(f): 7:55am On Mar 16, 2015
HelenBee:
Lol...naughty u!
Abi no b so
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

wait? I'm your crush? Whao guys, I'm her crush! C'mon, go do that, Helenbee never told me I'm her crush la
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2015
HelenBee:
Lol...naughty u!
wait! You're still on Nairaland?
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

Abi no b so
No o...... Dont know sha, depends on Helenbee
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

Hmmmmm
Yeah.... So many things
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2015
bigwig97:
dnt mind me bro!
Just kiddin' sir..... Enjoy
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 16, 2015

Jolade drove under the seemingly steaming heat of the aftrnoon through Afromedia slowly and lacklustrely. Work hadn't been okay. She just couldn't bring herself to normality. She just couldn't get her mind off straying onto Anabelle's issue. The almost impeccable reputation she had built for herself ever since she started working there A year and half ago almost got shattered and soiled today. Her boss had given her a document to work on quickly as she was one of the most trusted hands available but to even her surprise and dismay, she miscalculated and almost cost the company millions of fortunes. Her boss was also surprised and showed concern, So he held a one on one pivotal meeting with her, probably to ease the tension. He knew he couldn't relief her of her duties.

She remembered his words distinctly as each had strongheadedly stuck to her Brain as if they were stickered there.

"Jolade, whats' wrong?" Her boss, Mr. Onasanya had started.
"Nothing sir, I just got a little bit tired and apprehensive, guess the weekend must have worn me out," she had countered and stared as would a newbie, around the brown colored walls of her boss's office and the few essential pieces of furniture lying around lazily.
"No Jolade! We've been together for long now, you remember? This is definitely not the lady I have always known, c'mon, spill the ice. Is it a family issue or ....?" he persisted.
"None sir, I'm okay!" she ascertained and let out a dry smile that didn'd even seem convincing to her.
"Okay but I guess you'll need to recuperate, so the company gives you a Two week leave feom tommorrow but, when you'l be back, we need the real Jolade Kingsley," her boss granted.
"Thanks sir," she gratitised.
"You're welcome. Now, you can leave!" her boss dismissed.

She had stood up and walked out under a seemingly feigning effect and smiled again but inwardly, she was far from normal. Her heart had been thumping in her chest since the commencement of the meeting and she even wondered how her Boss hadn't hear the sound.

Jolade and her Boss had been close associates right from her University days. He was an elder brother to her close friend and had always act same towards Jolade. He had always played the role of an elder brother she felt she lacked emotionally and had grew into a woman, with a mind frame of having a qualitative Elder brother. And surprisingly, he had never approached her with ominous intentions, rather, always as an elder Bro.

"Pum pum pum pum!" a rowdy young driver's continous and seemingly unrelentless horn Honking jolted Jolade out of her one sided thoughts and her heart screamed hyrestically when it seemed an incoming raging vehicle would ram its' alloy head into hers' but got relieved when she noticed it wasn't out of control, it was just one of the rampant seemingly animalistic motorist toying about.

"But what if it had been real?" Jolade thought she heard a voice peeled in her head. "No! Never!" she whispered furiously.

She stepped on her accelarator and drove home in a sad state of mind with the little ounce of carefulness and composure her feeble mind could muster. Once home, Jolade couldn't help than slump on the silky coach in her sitting room in her dirgy mode. Several piercing thoughts stabbed through her injured frail mind, "why in hell would Her parents and family find Jayeola more appealing than her? Don't they see she's evil? A devil? A back stabber? A this, a that?"

Growing up hadn't been different either. Jayeola had always been the toast of everyone, even her boyfriends. But it wasn't of much concern to her anyway, thanks to God they were identical halves. She wouldn't want anything to do with such person either ways. She tried sleeping but sleep abated her. It had always abated her since the past previous weeks. She even wondered if her parents were blind to her numerous atrocities, even Hakeem! Before she fell asleep, an issue that occured the day before lingered heavily on her mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strings And Webs by HelenBee(f): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

wait! You're still on Nairaland?
Yes o...just not functioning

1 Like

Re: Strings And Webs by HelenBee(f): 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

wait? I'm your crush? Whao guys, I'm her crush! C'mon, go do that, Helenbee never told me I'm her crush la
but u'r my sweetheart nah

1 Like

Re: Strings And Webs by HelenBee(f): 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

Abi no b so
No be so

1 Like

Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
HelenBee:
but u'r my sweetheart nah
Hum? You know its' been long na, I though say u don go o, but Teebashy should come out Ho-ha, maki I hear her clearly!
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
2ii

Anabelle thought about the issue for the umpteeth time but just couldn't bring up a reasonable theory behind everything. She just couldn't fanthom what went amiss between her and her half. They never held any fracas, to warrant such a situation or maybe, so she thought. Jolade had packed out some couple of months ago but she had at first, seen nothing wrong in it, afterall, Jolade wasn't a kid neither was she. She had thought that finally, Jolade was ready to move out of her cage, her self imposed cage that had always made her the object of various mean tricks.

However, contrary to what she thought, Jolade had grew withdrawn the more. She had been keeping to herself like a loner and had been avoiding her calls, maybe deliberately or not. She had literally metamorphised into something worse than what she first was. She couldn't figure what could have caused the sudden aggression from a sister out, not just a sister but a blood sister. She couldn't notwithstanding how she endeavoured, not until yesterday.

Carefree Anabelle, on being literally air-like yesterday, decided to visit Jolade's abode, probably to sort things out between sisters and bring back the good old days. She had got there by Twelve noon only to meet her front door shut and pursed. "She must have gone to church!" she had thought and had remained in her mini car outside, awaiting her arrival.
After almost using an hour futilely, she beheld Jolade in an approaching Car with a man whom she presumed was the Mr. Right. The cute man alighted the car first and had opened the door for Jolade's exit, when he saw her through the wounded down section of her Car.

"Anablle, right?" the man exclaimed and she went numb. He was cute, tall and goodlooking as she had loved them. He seemed caring enough and intelligent but she knew he was way off bounds but still, risked flirting lightly with him.

"Ye.....," she had alighted also and had opened her mouth to answer when Jolade's voice caught her, "your crazy, Anabelle?".
She at first never understood what Jolade meant and gazed wide eyed at her when she heard her repeat it, "You're certainly crazy! Now leave", "leave now slut," she heard her continue. "Leave! You have Mark, okay? Now, leave!"

Abashed but not angry, she had got back in her car and drove home as fast as she could. After gulping down a bottle of her favorite wine, she had visited their parents to narrate what she went through in her half's hand and co-incidentally, Ahmad was there.

"Jolade did that?" her mom yelled after listening to her, "Get me my phone Hakeem!" her mother had ordered and had proceeded to call and verbally lashed Jolade severely over the phone. Anabelle thought she heard her crying. She had cheered up again and had forgotten what ever it was that happened. Her heart was too fragile to hold grudges and beside, Hakeem had told her she looked her best when smiling.

She had count it off but now, here she was. Somehow, she had found herself going over everything. She never felt there was the need for her half to be angered over Mark's issue, that was something too little to take notice of.

Mark was her illegal boy friend back in secondary school and at their age then, they'd already done what adults always did, and girl, could he do it! They had lost contact after graduation when Mark's dad had shipped him away but as fate had played out to be, she had stumbled upon Mark on a day Mark and her half had planned a date. Ofcourse, there was no way she would have gone ahead had she known about it earlier but Jolade was pretty secretive, she never told her about her union with Mark, so, when she met him, she never saw the wrong in having things with Him that same day. To cut everything right, she did it with him that day and they got busted by Jolade. Not seeing Jolade's card, she never knew anything was wrong there and had even laughed it off. She had even fantasized having a party with her half. Days later, Jolade had ranted out everything and though not seeing herself wrong, she had apologized to her just to get things right and Jolade had seemed like things were okay, she never knew She took things this far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strings And Webs by Teebashy(f): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

Hum? You know its' been long na, I though say u don go o, but Teebashy should come out Ho-ha, maki I hear her clearly!
what
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
Teebashy:

what
shys away, covers face, and asks timidly, "Am I a crush of yours?"
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
[b]Hi people, we were rocking The first taste of Deliquency together before the issues, kindly grace here also;
Hassan85 , heemah , mikedimeji , Chii8 , edwife , MRSIB0M0 , Doriestbest , lyndaRoyce , Abuklaw , cheriepet , Orla01 , uzolexis , Franciseromosel , erekere ,Nimen , adegoke623 , Jjrhymez , ghostwritter , paradise163 , Jeanfortune , cpBlessed , jaymomma , ADUKKY , babyzai , demgirls , moseph, JesDivine , gbemyn , jiteshell , RichLizzy , bawelat , arabaribity , gorgeousnogo , steve888 ngraced , xtremelygifted , princeAdepoju , holuwashezy , Galileogalileo , ijbeauty , pwettyolly , gorgeousnogo , Iolite , marynneka , intentional , epathra , Jennimma , deeyor , princessusan , nerdychisa , missmossy , peksmay , crislyn , akekujoe , queen47 , xtarxyne , Boladex1 , seunviju , Costlybabe , adorableify , Barbienice , jadar , lanicky. BashirAhmad1 , bibie01, Tennyesty , Diammonddamsel , ronke001 , bookhy , ummuja , temmythe , culin , babyzai, bequin2all , ebysandra , queenxstar , Hameenat94, misspatsy , ToriEmmanson , Komzzy1 , bollyano , vonn , wonder3 , 360prince, Animog, Tobmay, Adesylvia , Omololamide , godwah , Olaooni88 , larrykay0 , mzmira , lalaity , sexysaphire , bobostykah , abisquare , okeogiene4real , AnnNini , queenjuli , dollydolly, culnellie , Bloomingbud , Olusanya333 , Ifude , Kidaberry , funmercy1, Mj45 , Hulahoop , lanjum , Temmytayo20 , eniodun26 , goldwaters , dexterush , bekeebest , janeso , abbiey , chikabel , Tbrak , Tharuthlxx7 , JenyJ , Teeyrose , orlolahdey , jibola22 , gracile , glade , superplus , shadyflame , vivikul , fashionale , hauneg , hebenz , adijat4uall , ormorlehwah , grocery , christybabe , ice4jez , pwettynini , chijudith , fluffyp , blesynluv , kennylizzy , lilypet , bibiolu , gra890 , unibenstudent , tuddiies , peacynelson , olasunbophummie , debbysky , aprilwise , maputohq , shaks97 , rmfunky , benz4pimp , Hyfe , mohjisolah , bdaniel178 , muniratAbolanl , ziziola , bumsiee , spotmataz, ogunsiji , zikyke , mohjisolah , larteefah , hnkan , mitchelle55 , Oluwatyna , preciousberry , mary haam , lyzee21 , ebonyme890 , ifedinna ,eielalove , alayormii , rudepen , sebak , kingphilip and .......[/b]
Re: Strings And Webs by Cestmoi1(f): 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
I don show....lemme go and catch up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller / The Corridor of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.