Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] (35908 Views)

Apply For MSF - Doctors Without Borders Job [PHOTO] / Shame!!! Another Nigerian Graduate Begging For Job (photo) / Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by ezeagu(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
PHgirl:

Can you point out the element of racism in the employer's request? I don't see any racist shit in what he said. undecided

When you get hit with racism you will understand. Until then, enjoy the fact that you don't have to work in a completely white workplace where every article of your being is criticised. Nigerians in Nigeria just do not understand racism, and in a way they're lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by unlimitedvibes(f): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lol
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
Nothing racist. If she had smaller braids, probably packed in a neat bun, it would look more professional. Lets face it, some looks just dont work with certain work environments. Lets look at it this way, what if clients have been complaining about how they find her braids too distracting? They are simply too big and not packed right
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by PHgirl(f): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
ezeagu:

When you get hit with racism you will understand. Until then, enjoy the fact that you don't have to work in a completely white workplace where every article of your being is criticised. Nigerians in Nigeria just do not understand racism, and in a way they're lucky.

That'll never happen. Again, point out the racism.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by unlimitedvibes(f): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
Treasuredlove:
Nothing racist. If she had smaller braids, probably packed in a neat bun, it would look more professional. Lets face it, some looks just dont work with certain work environments. Lets look at it this way, what if clients have been complaining about how they find her braids too distracting? They are simply too big and not packed right
lol

Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by dasparrow: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
kevoh:
Moderation is key. Her braids are over the board. angry Simple braids would've gone unnoticed.

This incident happened in America and not in Nigeria. Wetin concern Nigerian employer with whether you braid your hair or not? It is white american employers that don't want black women to embrace their natural hair texture but rather wear wigs and weave ons or perm their hair.

1 Like

Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by dasparrow: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
ezeagu:

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by kevoh(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
dasparrow:

It is white american employers that don't want black women to embrace their natural hair texture but rather wear wigs and weave ons or perm their hair.
Don't make it a racist thing. Those are damn heavy braids on her head!
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by ifeomaekol(f): 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
I won't mind, this a job we are taliking about please. If the job pays well, I won't mind at all oooooo, I ll loose the braids and make a much simpler one. My job is much more important than big braids.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by PHgirl(f): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
dasparrow:

This incident happened in America and not in Nigeria. Wetin concern Nigerian employer with whether you braid your hair or not? It is white american employers that don't want black women to embrace their natural hair texture but rather wear wigs and weave ons or perm their hair.

And you're saying this because braids are a black woman's hair's natural texture If it were an Afro, I would have agreed with you, but the employer's right; it's not natural. It's darn too heavy and distracting.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
pretydiva:
There r millions of pple ready 2 jump at dat offer,if she eventually chose her braids. No sane human wil chose braid over her job
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by skykenny: 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
Today is loose your braids or loose your job. Tomorrow may be loose your pants or loose your job. Nonbrain!
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by redsun(m): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
pretydiva:
There r millions of pple ready 2 jump at dat offer,if she eventually chose her braids. No sane human wil chose braid over her job

What is a job without fundamental human right? They will gladly accept her with dead Brazilian woman bogus wig,but not with her natural her.

Dread rocks. Say no to mental slavery, even if it cost you your life.

1 Like

Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by Atlanta2015(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
SlimSkipper:
THIS IS ONLY POSSIBLE WHEN WE ARE GORVERNED BY THE CLUELESS ONE
SAY NO TO CLUELESSNESS
dis guy most b an idiots I think coz he sencless
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by Atlanta2015(m): 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
SlimSkipper:
THIS IS ONLY POSSIBLE WHEN WE ARE GORVERNED BY THE CLUELESS ONE
SAY NO TO CLUELESSNESS
dis guy most b an idiots I think coz he's sencless
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by Luloves: 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
creepsyme:
My dear dressing and styles speaks volumes irrespective of ur performance, such hair styles are totally unacceptable in corporate organisations especially banks where dressing is coded conservativley.
. This hairdo can go for an official look it just depends on how it's packed. If she packed it up in ponytail it goes perfectly. Plus this hairdo is accepted in banks.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by unlimitedvibes(f): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
Olol
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by creepsyme(f): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
Luloves:
. This hairdo can go for an official look it just depends on how it's packed. If she packed it up in ponytail it goes perfectly. Plus this hairdo is accepted in banks.
needless to argue this but I tell u d truth this hairstyle as it were is too bulky and flamboyant in a corporate organisation and especially I repeat bank, well, being packed up in ponytail I wuldnt knw wat it wuld look like. it is only right for corporate organisations to spell out their dress code in such a way their customers wuld have peace of mind and confidence reposed in them doing business. Like I said earlier different kind of dressing speaks different languages.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by Acegoals: 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
Na wa o! Na wetin we no go see for this life? Some employers just think they can control peoples total life because they pay them.

That's how this guy stabbed the boss during an interview
http://www.acegoals.com/stabbed-boss-interview/
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by SlimSkipper(m): 7:22am On Mar 15, 2015
hmmm, clueless saTANist
Atlanta2015:
dis guy most b an idiots I think coz he's sencless
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by SlimSkipper(m): 7:25am On Mar 15, 2015
hmmm, clueless saTANist
Atlanta2015:
dis guy most b a wise man I think coz he's sencless
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by mmsen: 9:43am On Mar 15, 2015
I notice that it's the women in this thread most eager to side with the ignorant recruiter.

I wonder how many of the women in this thread do not wear a weave or cover their natural hair with a wig?

There is nothing 'natural' about self-hatred.

If you do not first love and respect yourself then you will struggle to find others that will love or respect you
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by iyknaz(m): 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
post=31587194:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-7aWzm1XP3Mk/VQMWw8SLlYI/AAAAAAAACz8/rgPKRPCpJJ8/s1600/IMG_20150313_172101.JPG[/img]
"Loose the braids or loose the job" Honestly, I wish someone would try this with me, what is considered natural? Natural to who? If it doesn't affect her performance I see no how this is relevant, I hope I don't get to see this recruiter....
As if u'll have d mind 2 quit a well paying job because u were asked 2 get rid of ur braids. I see u barbing skin sef just 2 keep dat job.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by AAinEqGuinea: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
soopamom:
Jesus fucking christ! What kind of idiots do we have on nairaland these days? I cant believe my fucking eyes. Nobody is being outraged at this? Some idiot is even talking about work ethics, i mean what tha Bleep? What that fucking Bleep? What the hell happened to the adults and sensible people on nairaland?and are youths these days are just so fucking dumb ! Jesus christ!!!!! With the fucking slave mentality

Citing a chapter from American history: Acculturation or Die

Be like the kid on the right who likely gets the job:

[img]http://journeytowardhealing.files./2013/11/tm-residential-schools.jpg[/img]

As if the photo is not of the same person with the same aptitude, or the lady's braids somehow siphoned IQ points.

I'm sick of playing along with this game of human intolerance and then hearing others accepting intolerance as a mere gauge of work ethics. Should she have to cut her braids or should they cut their dated history of intolerance? The braids were never a historical or modern problem.
Re: Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] by soopamom: 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

I'm sick of playing along with this game of human intolerance and then hearing others accepting intolerance as a mere gauge of work ethics. Should she have to cut her braids or should they cut their dated history of intolerance? The braids were never a historical or modern problem.
Thank you!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave / NDIC Abuja Is Accepting CVs / Technical Aid Corps 2012/2014 Recruitment Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.