Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,627 members, 7,827,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) (29060 Views)

Car Bursts Into Flames On The Rumuola Flyover, Port Harcourt (photos) / Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!! / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by jinxet2000: 8:15am On Mar 14, 2015
I once lived in this neighborhood, in fact i can spot my former building in the picture. There is another short bridge like this at the end of this road. This road is adjacent to the eliozu flyover near ABC bus-stop at eliozu. This bridge and the one at the end of the road were awarded to someone I know and have seen because he came around one of the days to inspect the work. But the truth is that these bridges were awarded far back 2010 i was living there and the contractor mismanaged the fund. I am surprised that someone has picked it already. It is good that the writer wrote about the bridge. In fact the power in this raod as was very poor when I was living there, I dont know about now.
Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by jinxet2000: 8:18am On Mar 14, 2015
I once lived in this neighborhood, in fact i can spot my former building in the picture. There is another short bridge like this at the end of this road. This road is adjacent to the eliozu flyover near ABC bus-stop at eliozu. This bridge and the one at the end of the road were awarded to someone I know and have seen because he came around one of the days to inspect the work. But the truth is that these bridges were awarded far back 2010 i was living there and the contractor mismanaged the fund. I am surprised that someone has picked it already. It is good that the writer wrote about the bridge. In fact the power in this raod as was very poor when I was living there, I dont know about now.
Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by Laid2001: 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
I live in PH.
Overall on Roads, Amaechi has tried a lot. He has constructed major road that gulped billion and he always delivers the road as Dual Carriage. Example, Ada George Road, Old Aba Road, Trans Amadi, Airport Road So many other roads are under construction as well.

The particular road (Oroigwe) by the @OP was originally supposed to be constructed by the NDDC. They actually resurface the road many times but each time the road is done by NDDC, it takes only 3 months for it to wash away!.

Last Year Amaechi visited the road and promised to take it over from NDDC hand and construct it. He promised that work will start by October during dry season. However, i believe, since low Federal allocation problem has been plaguing all states in Nigeria, courtesy of Low oil price, Amaechi have had to mellow on the road for the meantime!

AMAECHI may not have done all roads in River State, but he has surely tried a lot. There is remarkable improvement in our road network in Rivers. He has also done relatively well on education and Health!. With massive infrastructural development in those area.
Yet, there are always room for improvement!. But then no state government have done all the roads and constructed all the schools nor all the hospitals required for its citizens.

Amaechi has surely done relatively well by Nigerian standards. At least out of all the 36 state governors, He will be in the TOP quartile of performance ranking!

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by fireforfire: 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
garrix8:

You're complaining about Rivers, but see your State and your mumu Ex Governor...

cheesy

u must be a troubke maker.
is dia no freedom of speech again
leqve d guy let him voice out anythin dats qffectin him in his state.
Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by Grahamjnr(m): 3:33am On Mar 15, 2015
Raiders:
Yes, We need change in Nigeria but PDP and APC are not the change we need..
Then let's stick with a lesser evil of the two. APC is nothing but same old wine in a new wineskin!

2 Likes

Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by Raiders: 3:37am On Mar 15, 2015
Grahamjnr:

Then let's stick with a lesser evil of the two. APC is nothing but same old wine in a new wineskin!
could you please explain to me why PDP is the lesser evil?
Re: The Pains Of Living In Port Harcourt (photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 16, 2015
not to even mention the dustbin truck before the bridge that has been there since buhari won election last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? / Hit-And-Run Driver Kills A Woman In Onitsha (Photo) / Accident Victim Conveyed To The Hospital, Involved In Another Accident (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.