Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? (3602 Views)

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
CANTICLES:

For there is ONE (1) GOD NOT Trinity

And Jesus is a mediator between the One And "ONLY GOD" And Man .

NOT a mediator between trinity and man .

and that same one GOD is JESUS CHRIST (JOHN1:1, 1 TIMOTHY 3:16, ZACHARIAH 12:10, ISAIAH 9:6, JOHN 14:8.....)

If u claim Jesus is not GOD, u will need to twist all these verses cool
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by An2elect2(f): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:

yes am waiting

Is God the only one who is omnipresent?
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by uboma(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
lawrsmith:
if that passage did not ask us to make supplication to mary,did the passage ask us to be making supplication to all saints? who is a saints? a saints is it a someone's name? may be you are waiting until bible asked to make supplications to peter,paul,mary before you believe that you should do that. i hope you do ask people to help you in prayers,i hope you do ask your pastors to prayer for you when you have a need for prayers?

I communicate with my God directly and end my prayers in the name of Jesus Christ. The Almighty God gave humans a direct line to reach him via sincere and heartfelt prayers.

Learn to have an open mind, it helps when engaging in debates so you can see points/angles you may never have thought of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by CANTICLES: 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
bingbagbo:

and that same one GOD is JESUS CHRIST (JOHN1:1, 1 TIMOTHY 3:16, ZACHARIAH 12:10, ISAIAH 9:6, JOHN 14:8.....)

If u claim Jesus is not GOD, u will need to twist all these verses cool

I can see You are confused

Who is The God in the context of 1tim 2:5

A) The Father

B) Jesus

C) Trinity

Submit ur answer and lets subtitute it in the context .
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
CANTICLES:

I can see You are confused

Who is The God in the context of 1tim 2:5

A) The Father

B) Jesus

C) Trinity

Submit ur answer and lets subtitute it in the context .

is father a name?

the father is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by CANTICLES: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
bingbagbo:

is father a name?

the father is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF

"He that sent me is REAL"John 8:30, If Jesus is the Father .... WHO SENT JESUS TO the earth ?

Who did scripture called the God of Jesus Christ then ?
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
CANTICLES:

"He that sent me is REAL"John 8:30, If Jesus is the Father .... WHO SENT JESUS TO the earth ?

Who did scripture called the God of Jesus Christ then ?

breda.....explain these scriptures then if u say JESUS is not GOD

1. Luke 24:24-27
24 Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.” 25 And he said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

when did JESUS speak to Isaiah, Elijah, Moses, Ezekiel, Noah, David etc......
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by christybabe(f): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2015
precious888:
Catholicism is a flaw in the religion of christianity

That's so wrong and harsh of u. Never criticise others faith, Flaw (defect) is a very wrong word to use against a church. How dare u call it a flaw?
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
christybabe:

That's so wrong and harsh of u. Never criticise others faith, Flaw (defect) is a very wrong word to use against a church. How dare u call it a flaw?

instead of attacking him verbally, why dont you disprove HIS view with scripture if there ever is?
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
An2elect2:

Is God the only one who is omnipresent?
YES,although we cant really say saints in heaven are omnipresent,some bible verses hint of their super powers(1 cor 13 9-12) and also in john 10:34 jesus answered his accussers that God said'you are gods' referring to his servants meaning they share in his attributes like some of this saints while on earth received power of bilocation from God to the glory of his name
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:

YES,although we cant really say saints in heaven are omnipresent,some bible verses hint of their super powers(1 cor 13 9-12) and also in john 10:34 jesus answered his accussers that God said'you are gods' referring to his servants meaning they share in his attributes like some of this saints while on earth [b]received power of bilocation from God [/b]to the glory of his name

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by urchrlex: 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Have you ever ask somebody to pray for you before, i mean maybe a pastor, family member or a colleague?. Can you explain what prayer is all about? Do you know why we say God of Abraham? Do you you believe in generational blessing? Then if you do, you will know that Mary is a blessed Virgin Mary through her our saviour Lord Jesus Christ was born.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by haffaze777(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Manchester united is beating hell out of dis yeye Tottenham, hahahahahahaha, ,sorry wrong thread
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by dasanchez1(m): 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
haffaze777:
Manchester united is beating hell out of dis yeye Tottenham, hahahahahahaha, ,sorry wrong thread
fallacy of missing the point
. lol..
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Aizenosa(m): 7:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Do people fail to use dere sense when thinking, u complaining about Mary, u all dat worship and tremble before ur pastors even more dan God what have u to say
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Aizenosa(m): 7:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Next tin i sha ask is why did God not make Jesus drop from d sky and den cause someone to adopt him instead dat would have been better, shey
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Ikenna17(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2015
Heck, that means we're all flawed cause protestantism is an offshoot of Catholicism
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
Ikenna17:

Heck, that means we're all flawed cause protestantism is an offshoot of Catholicism

break-away is different from offshoot
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
bingbagbo:

break-away is different from offshoot
No offshoot. They just rejected a lot of Catholic teachings and removed some books from the Catholic Bible. So nothing but an offshoot.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 4:25am On Dec 31, 2015
Over to you
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2015
Clardo:
Pls get this right mary is not a mediator but an intercessor as she did at the marriage in cana and which she is still doing till today thanks to the ressurection of her son our lord jesus christ
What?! Did you just say she is the intercessor? What happened to Romans 8:26-27 that say the Holy Spirit is the intercessor? Where did you hear that Mary is doing anything for you in heaven in the Bible? There's one thing i've learned in life. Everyone has the ability to go to hell if they do wrong and do not repent. No one has the freedom to say or do what they like and still make heaven. If your church says something that doesn't make sense, read your Bible and get the understanding for yourself. Don't be like a sheep led to the slaughter. Even if Oyedepo tells me something like this, i won't believe it because it is a lie! haba! Even your pope has the ability to go to hell for saying wrong things. When God is judging, he won't ask you what your church taught you. After all, you have your own Bible. Read it biko!
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by jaegermesiter: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2015
The pope isn't a maker of doctrines rather he defends them,the entire church makes the doctrine,so its nt what the pope teaches but what the church teaches
And for catholic beliefs check out the Apostles Creed
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by jaegermesiter: 10:05am On Dec 31, 2015
This una quarrel with mary is something else if una come go eastern europe kon?u dnt criticise the church triumphant but jus Mary....anyways the church believes in scriptures,sacred tradition and the magesterium as been side by side

ResameOkim:
What?! Did you just say she is the intercessor? What happened to Romans 8:26-27 that say the Holy Spirit is the intercessor? Where did you hear that Mary is doing anything for you in heaven in the Bible? There's one thing i've learned in life. Everyone has the ability to go to hell if they do wrong and do not repent. No one has the freedom to say or do what they like and still make heaven. If your church says something that doesn't make sense, read your Bible and get the understanding for yourself. Don't be like a sheep led to the slaughter. Even if Oyedepo tells me something like this, i won't believe it because it is a lie! haba! Even your pope has the ability to go to hell for saying wrong things. When God is judging, he won't ask you what your church taught you. After all, you have your own Bible. Read it biko!
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by analice107: 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Clardo:

are u now telling me that pastors or prayer warriors that intercedes for people are not biblical?

Am a prayer Warrior and an intercessor. No body has ever come to kneel before me asking for me to intercede on their behalf. It's obvious you don't know what intercession really means.

If praying for one another is what you do, as you quoted Ephesians, why are all Catholics seeking intercession from Mary only and not from other Catholics?
Do you even think? The scripture quoted there says, for each other. Meaning, we ought to be alive in order to intercede for each others. If am dead, how will I intercede for anybody?

It bits me, how someone will be fighting the word of God so strongly by using the same word out of context.

This is indeed a clear case of the Word having two edges. It can prune you or cut you down.

* exasperated, wipes away sweat from forehead*

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by analice107: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
Catholicism is not Christianity. It is Catholic Religion. A distinct religion and Mary as a deity over it. Just like Islam is a distinct religion with Allah as a deity over it.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
analice107:

Am a prayer Warrior and an intercessor. No body has ever come to kneel before me asking for me to intercede on their behalf. It's obvious you don't know what intercession really means.

If praying for another is what you do, as you quoted Ephesians, why are all Catholics seeking intercession from Mary only and not from other Catholics?
Do you even think? The scripture quoted there says, for each other. Meaning, we ought to be alive in order to intercede for each others. If am dead, how will I intercede for anybody?

It bits me, how someone will be fighting the word of God so strongly by using the same word out of context.

This is indeed a clear case of the Word having two edges. It can prune you or cut you down.

* exasperated, wipes away sweat from forehead*

I love that bolded statement.

I just read that in a book today.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by analice107: 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
CANTICLES:

What are saying? You are not making any senses.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by analice107: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
CANTICLES:

What are saying? You are not making any senses.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
jaegermesiter:
The pope isn't a maker of doctrines rather he defends them,the entire church makes the doctrine,so its nt what the pope teaches but what the church teaches
And for catholic beliefs check out the Apostles Creed

Is it true? I read somewhere that your Pope no longer believes in the creation story?

BTW, its not what the church teaches but what the Holy Spirit teaches that should be a doctrine. Members in the church are fallible.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by analice107: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Is it true? I read somewhere that your Pope no longer believes in the creation story?

BTW, its not what the church teaches but what the Holy Spirit teaches that should be a doctrine. Members in the church are fallible.
Brada, The Catholic Popes have one duty. Only one duty, unite the world's religions and make them worship the Beast. They'll keep coming and going until the antichrist finally comes. This present Pope is must radical when it comes to anti-Christian/Bible comments.

THE OFFICE OF THE POPE IS THE OFFICE OF THE FALSE PROPHET FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by jaegermesiter: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=Jeromejnr post=41526381]

BTW, its not what the church teaches but what the Holy Spirit teaches that should be a doctrine. Members in the church are fallible.[/quote
You read from a satricial website,the official website of the church is vatican.va
The Holy spirit inspires the church,papal infallability is not the pope deciding,papal infallability is the church,the holy spirit in union with the vicar of christ(pope)
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by jaegermesiter: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
analice107:

Brada, The Catholic Popes have one duty. Only one duty, unite the world's religions and make them worship the Beast. They'll keep coming and going until the antichrist finally comes. This present Pope is must radical when it comes to anti-Christian/Bible comments.

The papacy of fancis is noted for humility and caring for the poor,please upload an anti bibilcal stance he has made so far!!!
THE OFFICE OF THE POPE IS THE OFFICE OF THE FALSE PROPHET FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your Testimony If You Have Been Healed From Reinhard Bonnke's Crusade / Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter Joys Oyedepo Gets Married (PHOTOS) / Tithes And Offerings: So Important In Nigerian Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.