Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? (3610 Views)

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Why then do catholics have mary as a mediator? 2 mediators?
Mary was a "born again" Christian who received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and spoke in tongues (Acts 1:14, 2:3).

food for thoughts cool

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by uboma(m): 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
bingbagbo:

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Mary was a "born again" Christian who received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and spoke in tongues (Acts 1:14, 2:3).

food for thoughts cool

God bless you for bringing this vital Scriptural point out to the fore. This is one of the many reasons I no longer associate with the Catholic Faith.

Why pray to Mary to intercede on their behalf when the Bible clearly mentioned the only mediator between Man and God, who is Jesus Christ.

5 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
uboma:

God bless you for bringing this vital Scriptural point out to the fore. This is one of the many reasons I no longer associate with the Catholic Faith.

Why pray to Mary to intercede on their behalf when the Bible clearly mentioned the only mediator between Man and God, who is Jesus Christ.

mY major problem is not the doctrine per se....but but the enthusiasm with which people uphold this clear heresy embarassed

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pls get this right mary is not a mediator but an intercessor as she did at the marriage in cana and which she is still doing till today thanks to the ressurection of her son our lord jesus christ

5 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by kuuljay(m): 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
Clardo:
Pls get this right mary is not a mediator but an intercessor as she did at the marriage in cana and which she is still doing till today thanks to the ressurection of her son our lord jesus christ
God sent his son to assist you mediating or interceding why choose someone else remember christ said no one goes through my father except through me.pls engage me it's a healthy discussion

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
Clardo:

there they go again.....which scripture says mary is an intercessor brrrrrrrr....for lack of knowledge my people perish indeed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Onyiibazz: 9:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Religion is just a pastime jare! Maybe at d point of death we'll realise that all these religious activities were just activities directed at keeping the human mind busy and also to give man a sense of belonging!

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Onyiibazz:
Religion is just a pastime jare! Maybe at d point of death we'll realise that all these religious activities were just activities directed at keeping the human mind busy and also to give man a sense of belonging!

die and see

https://www.nairaland.com/2196377/pick-only-one-pictures-just#31623143
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
Just like some people approach their pastors or other fellow xtians for prayer so catholic seek mary and other saints for prayers

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
kuuljay:
God sent his son to assist you mediating or interceding why choose someone else remember christ said no one goes through my father except through me.pls engage me it's a healthy discussion
are u now telling me that pastors or prayer warriors that intercedes for people are not biblical?

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
bingbagbo:

there they go again.....which scripture says mary is an intercessor brrrrrrrr....for lack of knowledge my people perish indeed lipsrsealed
i do not need the bible to use the word 'intercessor' for mary it is recorded in the bible at the marriage of cana and am sure u know this too

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by bingbagbo(m): 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Clardo:

i do not need the bible to use the word 'intercessor' for mary it is recorded in the bible at the marriage of cana and am sure u know this too

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by lawrsmith(m): 11:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
bingbagbo:

food for thoughts cool
did u have ephesians 6:18 in your bible? it says "praying always with all prayers and supplication in the spirit,and watching thereunto with all perserverance and supplication to all saints" thats why we catholic makes supplications to the saints as well as virgin mary because she is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Catholicism is a flaw in the religion of christianity
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by uboma(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2015
lawrsmith:
did u have ephesians 6:18 in your bible? it says "praying always with all prayers and supplication in the spirit,and watching thereunto with all perserverance and supplication to all saints" thats why we catholic makes supplications to the saints as well as virgin mary because she is one of them.

Why have you chosen to twist this scripture to buttress your flawed dogma of having Mary intercede on your behalf when Jesus Christ made it clear as to who has the right to intercede?

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2015
precious888:
Catholicism is a flaw in the religion of christianity
your opinion

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:

your opinion

Not just my opinion, its a fact

3 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by dasanchez1(m): 7:32am On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:
well said...

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by englishmart(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2015
that's your problem
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by lawrsmith(m): 7:58am On Mar 15, 2015
uboma:

Why have you chosen to twist this scripture to buttress your flawed dogma of having Mary intercede on your behalf when Jesus Christ made it clear as to who has the right to intercede?

if what i said here is twisting and misinterpretation like you claim,please give me ur own interpretation of that bible verse because i what to learn
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by kuuljay(m): 8:16am On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:

are u now telling me that pastors or prayer warriors that intercedes for people are not biblical?
it's not its wrong to pray through your pastor to God christ is the only one you pray through.pastors only guide and teach you the way if christ
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by uboma(m): 8:21am On Mar 15, 2015
lawrsmith:
if what i said here is twisting and misinterpretation like you claim,please give me ur own interpretation of that bible verse because i what to learn

That Bible verse which you quoted earlier did not in any way admonish you to pray to Mary to intercede for you. Jesus Christ remains the only mediator between Man and God.

Another angle to look at it is this, why didn't that same scripture specifically mention the name Mary as one who can intercede?

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by lawrsmith(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2015
uboma:

That Bible verse which you quoted earlier did not in any way admonish you to pray to Mary to intercede for you. Jesus Christ remains the only mediator between Man and God.

Another angle to look at it is this, why didn't that same scripture specifically mention the name Mary as one who can intercede?
if that passage did not ask us to make supplication to mary,did the passage ask us to be making supplication to all saints? who is a saints? a saints is it a someone's name? may be you are waiting until bible asked to make supplications to peter,paul,mary before you believe that you should do that. i hope you do ask people to help you in prayers,i hope you do ask your pastors to prayer for you when you have a need for prayers?
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by weemee: 10:15am On Mar 15, 2015
You believe we will all die one day, if so have you thought of where you will spend eternity when you die? Heaven!

Brothers and Sisters, the only way to make heaven is through the Lord Jesus Christ. John 14:6 " Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh to the father except by me.

Because you can read this means you'v got another opportunity to make amends and turn to Jesus Christ today.
Tomorrow may be too late.
He loves you
He wants you
He died for you on the cross of Calvary
He is coming soon
Accept Him as your Lord and Saviour today and you will spend eternity in Heaven.
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 15, 2015
bingbagbo:

food for thoughts cool
Yes we have the verse, after all the Bible was compiled and canonised by our bishops!!! Having said that, when St Paul says here that Christ is the one mediator he is not talking about intercession. He is talking about Christ saving humanity through His sacrifice on the holy cross.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by ikaboy: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2015
Just the way you kneel before the portrait of your pastor screaming God of MOUKA, OYEDEPO and co, that is how we come before our blessed mother to intercede for us. She has been declared BLESSED.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by An2elect2(f): 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:

Who made her an intercessor?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by An2elect2(f): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
Clardo:

Can i ask you a question?
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by An2elect2(f): 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
lawrsmith:
if that passage did not ask us to make supplication to mary,did the passage ask us to be making supplication to all saints? who is a saints? a saints is it a someone's name? may be you are waiting until bible asked to make supplications to peter,paul,mary before you believe that you should do that. i hope you do ask people to help you in prayers,i hope you do ask your pastors to prayer for you when you have a need for prayers?

You have not the fear of God in you that's why you talk in this manner.

Praying for someone is different from praying to someone.

Only a deity can be prayed to.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by An2elect2(f): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
Papist:

Yes we have the verse, after all the Bible was compiled and canonised by our bishops!!!
The bible was canonised by your bishops? You mean God's word was not the standard until your bishops declared it to be? do you people listen to yourselves at all?
Papist:
having said that, when St Paul says here that Christ is the one mediator he is not talking about intercession. He is talking about Christ saving humanity through His sacrifice on the holy cross.
It was clearly stated that Christ is the mediator. And you all agree with that.

The question is where was it stated in the Word of God, that Mary should stand as an intercessor?

1 Like

Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by CANTICLES: 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
bingbagbo:

For there is ONE (1) GOD NOT Trinity

And Jesus is a mediator between the One And "ONLY GOD" And Man .

NOT a mediator between trinity and man .
Re: Catholics, Do U Have This In Your Bible? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2015
An2elect2:

Can i ask you a question?
yes am waiting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ? / Nigerian Christian Channel Launched On Youtube! / Why Did Jesus Come???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.