Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad (584 Views)

Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records / Blessing Okagbare Banned From Rio Olympics / Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad by NetPay: 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2015

Track & field queen, Blessing Okagbare is not happy over the use of her image and footage by a body said to be working for President Jonathan. The advertorial by GoodHouse Nigeria has been running on various electronic media in Nigeria and also on Youtube and the athlete is infuriated over the use of her image, especially because they didn't even ask her permission to use the image or footage.

According to Punch, Blessing Okagbare said in a statement sent by her agent that;

“Now, I am here struggling on my own to pay my coach, nutritionist, doctor and others to make sure I am in good shape for the All African Games and the IAAF World Championship in Beijing, China later in the year, and some people back home are using my image and footage for presidential campaign ad without seeking for my approval.
This is fraudulent because I am totally not in support of it. We called the people (GoodHouse Nigeria) and they denied using my image and footage for PDP presidential advertorial. Who did it then? Why are they lying?”

Blessing also told Punch's correspondent that she was condemning the act not for financial gain or support, but because of two reasons. First, 'It is about me and what I represent,' she said and also because those involved were not doing the right thing for sports to grow in Nigeria.

http://gist.najiriya.com/2015/03/13/blessing-okagbare-slams-jonathans-campaign-group-for-using-her-image-in-political-ad/
Re: Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad by AkProsper(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ftc
Space Booked
Re: Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad by Jaycool18(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
this girl should take a hike, i wonder wat she's feeling like
Re: Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad by mannobi(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
Sorry o our golden girl. They always deny everything here in Nigeria. Just get a teacher to school them on the appropriate procedure for such. Do you still have Alison's contact? because I know you also want your own share of the cake before they finish the stock.
Anyway, no one wants to be associated with mediocrity.

CHANGE IS NEARER
Re: Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
When she was a nobody, how many Nigerian rallied around her and assisted her??.
Same Nigerians will start spitting dragon fire when she fails to perform..
Nigerians reaping from where they did not sow...
She should demand compensation for damages of privacy right infringement...

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Fails To Sign New Deal / All Hail Chicharito / Vote Asisat Oshoala For The BBC Women’s Footballer Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.