Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

The Car’s Headlights - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Car’s Headlights (364 Views)

The Car: Another Look At Religious Thinking / Tanker Burns Everything In Sight Except The Car Of A Man From Winners Church / SEE The Car Of A Bishop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Car’s Headlights by SonofIssachar: 12:49am On Mar 14, 2015
Author Unknown

Most cars today have a wonderful feature. Whenever you forget to turn off the headlights, a shrill warning goes off the minute you open the door. Although you may not like its jarring sound, it has a very useful purpose, it saves you from—a dead battery.

Our conscience can work like that. When we get off on the wrong track as we're traveling the road of life or tempted to, our conscience blows a whistle. It's a sign that the Holy Spirit is either convicting us or warning us before we do. If we do wrong, the jarring feelings from our conscience are meant to lead us to repentance. When we confess and repent, God forgives and clears our conscience.

The apostle Paul knew what it was to have a bad conscience. In I Timothy 1:13, he wrote, "I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man, but I obtained mercy."

He received the mercy of Christ's forgive­ness, faith, and a good conscience. He charged young Timothy to fight the good fight and maintain his faith and good conscience. Paul said that some had rejected these, and spiritual shipwreck was the result (vv.18-19).

Be thankful if you have a good conscience when you're on the wrong track. When it gives you a warning whistle, pay attention so your life doesn't end up in a spiritual train wreck! Then fight to preserve your faith and keep your conscience clear. That jarring sound is there to help keep you on the right track and stay in fellowship with God.

Our conscience is a gift from God,
It is a guiding light:
And when aligned with His sure Word,
It tells us wrong from right.

Meditation: N[i]evertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.[/i] – John 16:7-8

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Read The Bible Cover To Cover? / Just Come, And Receive / Happy Holy Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.