Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu (15033 Views)

Tinubu, PDP And The Road To 2019 - By Dele Momodu / Letter To First Lady By Dele Momodu / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by eebruboss(m): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
I know for sure GMB is intellectual and APC is never a dumb people party..... U all should know this when APC were choosing it's VICE-president candidate which resulted Osinbajo.... And everybody applaude that decision!.... So in GMB/osinbajo i believe[b]I know for sure GMB is intellectual and APC is never a dumb people party..... U all should know this when APC were choosing it's VICE-president candidate which resulted Osinbajo.... And everybody applaude that decision!.... So in GMB/osinbajo i believe[/b]I know for sure GMB is intellectual and APC is never a dumb people party..... U all should know this when APC were choosing it's VICE-president candidate which resulted Osinbajo.... And everybody applaude that decision!.... So in GMB/osinbajo i believe
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by WisdomFlakes: 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
dein77:

Change before its too late!

Wow! Praise the Lord! Dein77 too don join the Change movement. cheesy
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by Jarus(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
I reproduce here my message to Dele, shortly after reading the article this morning. It captures my thought:

Nice article as usual, egbon. I must confess I'm also afraid for Buhari. I'm particularly worried about implementing APC's Social Welfare programmes in this period of dwindling revenues. I must confess I don't expect magic, but I trust the man to try, and I expect decent results. Only few days ago, a friend told us how one artisan ticked on his calendar, the date he sold Buhari candidacy to him, with the aim of referring him back if his candidate doesn't no do what he promised to do. That is how people hold us. I trsu the General not to disappoint us. Suraj
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by dein77(m): 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Wow! Praise the Lord! Dein77 too don join the Change movement. cheesy

I have wisdom to know I don't belong in the broom group! Hahhahaah.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by kjaaja(m): 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
Whatever de like. Let dem do we re still with d people's general. Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by henryangelo: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
bogs4real:

To hell with u...am a Christian but I tell u that Jonathan will go insha Allah

Christian, I don't understand Arabic, "insha Allah" did what?

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by philips70(m): 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
OLADD:
Dele Momodu, always pretending to know Nigeria more than any other Nigerian and overconfidently speaking as an anointed oracle of the "people's General". Ironically, in one section of his epistle, he claims available empirical evidence attests to Buhari's sacrosanct victory in the coming election while in another paragraph, he sees Buhari's victory as a tall dream. That's a trait of confused jingoists like Dele Momodu who lost scandalously in his few attempts at the presidency. He should be reminded that his projection of wining the presidential election of 2011 could only fetch him about 26,376 (yes, less than 27,000) votes nationwide- despite running under the platform of Late Gani Fawehinmi's popular party, the NCP! What an appalling record of a political analyst. Those who followed Ekiti elections and its outcome will attest to how uncharitable and unrealistic armchair analysts like Dele Momodu can be. It's obvious their projections are based on parochial interests, emotions and caucus affinity rather than the reality on ground but no matter how long they deceive themselves with phantom forecasts, it does little in changing the reality. The fact is that Buhari and APC does not have the national spread to win the presidential election. Full stop.

Why lie to yourself this way? Even Ghanaians, Chadians, Burkinabes know the APC have a worldwide spread to win the coming elections if the gods in Aso Rock conducts it.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by henryangelo: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
Beedude:

What do u call a govt which u pay tax to and ur tax is being embezzled ? guess dats ur definition of Freedom grin
What do you call a man who jailed innocent souls that criticised his government
What do you say of a man that made away with PTF fund and could give answer for it
I guess you can atleast understand difference of freedom and slavery
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by Beedude(m): 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
henryangelo:

What do you call a man who jailed innocent souls that criticised his government
What do you say of a man that made away with PTF fund and could give answer for it
I guess you can atleast understand difference of freedom and slavery

Simply put GEJ and GMB gave us slavery .. Just to be fair.. But GEJ fanatic like u won't accept .. U can save dis for next time and stop being bais
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by bogs4real: 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by bogs4real: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
henryangelo:

Christian, I don't understand Arabic, "insha Allah" did what?

I shuld av known "Gej till" robots are dummies programmed to think in one direction only...."OS major malfunction"grin
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by oladele97: 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
DeCritique:

I guess you just recently came outta that bush village of yours to be asking me questions like that. Eeyah, condolences bro. I will ask Jona to raise a committee to look into the reason why the telecommunications giants have not found it worthwhile to bring their service down to ur villa.

Mad man: let me tell u about the office Tinubu has held in this nation
1. Senator during the short period of Shonekan representing Lagos west senetoria district
2. Governor of Lagos state for 8 years
he has not on anytime appointed as a minister....idiot.....
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by samuelson06(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
henryangelo:
i refused to be deceived and convinced that Buhari will make better president, even if converts to be a democrat 50times the spirit of slavery will still remain, lets say no to a tyrant , we need freedom .GMB FOR SLAVES.,GEJ FREEDOM ,suit yourself

This is too late for this. Someone that virtually had no much support in the South South is now having people campaigning free for him in the same region. What do you think is the reason for this? Personally, I never supported Buhari but am now supporting him without anybody asking me to do so, what can you derive from that? Sometimes, I share my reasons to others to support Buhari and they willingly buy into it, what can you say is wrong with the people? Truth is Jonathan has failed and we need Change. Whatever change is coming, we don't care. All we need now is change. So who else can we turn to? So this is the reason why Buhari is enjoying so much support. Jonathan transformation is only on paper and on lips of paid people like you. Whether Buhari is a tyrant or a dictator, I don't care and not just me, so many don't care. We just need Change. Just anything but not Jonathan again. I challenge you to think of your support for Jonathan. You'll see that he doesn't worth it but just tribal sentiment that is your problem. Please, join us. No amount of Jonathan's transformation would help Nigeria. We are tired of paper transformation.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by patpaul: 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
Oga big belle mumu du, how far? are you not contesting this time? Mumu du and mumu analyst, wait till 2019 when a northerner will take over. Then you will see that the Arewa are not as foolish as you and your co-travelers in Yoruba land are dreaming. Come from the back door to Aso Rock again? No. The Northerners are wise now. The West has taken its 8 years. Its now the turn of the S/S and i don't see anything stopping that. No, not even your biased and tribal analysis.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by nufat(m): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
Cool
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by DeCritique(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
oladele97:

Mad man: let me tell u about the office Tinubu has held in this nation
1. Senator during the short period of Shonekan representing Lagos west senetoria district
2. Governor of Lagos state for 8 years
he has not on anytime appointed as a minister....idiot.....

Lolz... When I said Minister for Petroleum, I was talking about Buhari. Stop taking too much Orijin. It's beclouding your sight bro

#AdviceFromABro
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by missionmex(m): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
He will not win
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by Onasa22: 6:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
Dreaming as we all know is allowed because it's natural.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by ricsman(m): 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
I can't wait too
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by oladele97: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
DeCritique:

Lolz... When I said Minister for Petroleum, I was talking about Buhari. Stop taking too much Orijin. It's beclouding your sight bro

#AdviceFromABro

So u have come back to your senses. Anyway, Buhari is the Minister of petroleum in nigeria that has no house in either Lagos or Abuja
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by ndcide(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
Momodu, will definitively write something else because GMB will not win.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by londoner: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
oladele97:

So u have come back to your senses. Anyway, Buhari is the Minister of petroleum in nigeria that has no house in either Lagos or Abuja

.....none that we know of perhaps.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by Jesusloveyou: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
londoner:
Why is Dele and other GMB supporters conveniently forgetting, that many of the main corrupt men in PDP over those past 16 years as he puts it are now forming the power base of APC?

Many that were part of the problem not only are part of APC, but are now out of PDP never to return. The rats have simply jumped ship.

Why does Dele forget to appraise the people now in APC that have been part of the PDP assault over the years?

His focus and talk is only about Buhari, a man he has met only a few times and even in this article aportions a style of leaderhip that was draconian and tyrannical the first time around.

Yet when he talks about PDP he talks about the whole government/party.....the party that was made up of cross carpeters/opportunists to APC.

He tends to conveniently be silent on the most important factos about the APC of today and just who the front runners/financiers are and is not asking why they are there.

Dele is an opportunist, at every chance to gain attention he is right there with his mouth wide open, but when it is time to proffer solutions, he is silent from his home in Ghana.

His head is firmly buried in the sand most of the time.
they vow not to return again because corrupt gej fail to probe and jail them,as obj said,corrupt gej don't have liver to probe him,but he want buhari to send him to jail.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by henryangelo: 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
samuelson06:

This is too late for this. Someone that virtually had no much support in the South South is now having people campaigning free for him in the same region. What do you think is the reason for this? Personally, I never supported Buhari but am now supporting him without anybody asking me to do so, what can you derive from that? Sometimes, I share my reasons to others to support Buhari and they willingly buy into it, what can you say is wrong with the people? Truth is Jonathan has failed and we need Change. Whatever change is coming, we don't care. All we need now is change. So who else can we turn to? So this is the reason why Buhari is enjoying so much support. Jonathan transformation is only on paper and on lips of paid people like you. Whether Buhari is a tyrant or a dictator, I don't care and not just me, so many don't care. We just need Change. Just anything but not Jonathan again. I challenge you to think of your support for Jonathan. You'll see that he doesn't worth it but just tribal sentiment that is your problem. Please, join us. No amount of Jonathan's transformation would help Nigeria. We are tired of paper transformation.
Am sorry I can never in my life support Buhari even if he is coming out for councillorship, save your breath and use it for people with fish brain like your master,but let me remind you that in no circumstance will Buhari be the president of this country because he is a betrayal to democracy
GEJ is the moving train

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by henryangelo: 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
bogs4real:

I shuld av known "Gej till" robots are dummies programmed to think in one direction only...."OS major malfunction"grin
Do you find it difficult give the right answer for a particular question "clown"
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by henryangelo: 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
Beedude:

Simply put GEJ and GMB gave us slavery .. Just to be fair.. But GEJ fanatic like u won't accept .. U can save dis for next time and stop being bais
You didn't answer my question
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by Beedude(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
henryangelo:

You didn't answer my question
I just answered ur post .. GEJ for Freedom , GMB for slavery . GMB tortured civilians in brutal ways while GEJ tortured civilians economically. Fuel subsidy,immigration scam and odas. isn't it explict enof ?
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by bdidi: 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
samuelson06:

I hope my dear friend you won't regret your actions because its very obvious you are not seeing the BIG picture.

And I also hope you will not come to this platform to establish your regrets if GMB wins.

PDP have ruled for 16years and it is assumed they have not done anything. Now the major players in APC were PDP before and you have failed to understand the reason why they fled.

OIL is the issue here! GEJ now has the key to the OIL. Especially the wells and the blocks because they are afraid if he gets back to Aso rock, they will not smell the licence again. They are all scared hence they want to kick him out by all means.

My brother, there are more to these political brouhaha than meets the eyes! PDP is now been sanitized.

APC is no longer APC again but PDP in disguise and the story continues. Buhari cannot work alone, the people behind him are corrupt and that will affect him if he wins.

This is Democracy and not Military rule. So the rule of engagement has changed where Dictatorship does not thrive but the rule of law with lots of processes and procedures for governance. How do you think Buhari will survive as against much expectations?

You cannot Change someone who is not ready for change but you can transform the person to becoming a better person.

GEJ as for me is better. My opinion anyway! Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by bdidi: 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
DeCritique:

#AdviceFromABro

I guess the dude does not know his history or he is just one of those who just turned 18. To vote dey shack am!

Lolzzzz!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by bdidi: 12:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Beedude:

I just answered ur post .. GEJ for Freedom , GMB for slavery . GMB tortured civilians in brutal ways while GEJ tortured civilians economically. Fuel subsidy,immigration scam and odas. isn't it explict enof ?

Point of correction, in GEJ administration, the SCAM in the fuel subsidy was discovered. GEJ never created the SCAM. That scam as you put it has bedeviled the economy long before GEJ came to power.

The removal of the subsidy is what sparked off the last major protest which the oil carbal initiated.

Some of the removed subsidy are been plowed back into the economy under SUREP and YOUWIN programmes. Lots of youths are been liberated through these programmes. I have lots of friends who have benefited and are entrepreneurs now.

All you need is have a good business idea that you can defend well and you are on your way to becoming an employer of labour under GEJ administration. Its just that some of our youths are lazy. They want awoof money.

The refineries are under rehabilitation, the Agricultural sector is undergoing a remarkable reform. Fertilizer gets directly to the farmers unlike before. Farming, food commodity business is now thriving and profitable. The transformation is moving forward!

To change all that is taking us backwards!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by londoner: 10:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
they vow not to return again because corrupt gej fail to probe and jail them,as obj said,corrupt gej don't have liver to probe him,but he want buhari to send him to jail.

Is it not Buhari that has told them and us publicly that he will not be probing or jailing them?

It is quite obvious to me that the bad eggs in PDP jumped ship to APC as GEJ was no longer playing ball. If it was business as usual, there is no way they would have left. That includes OBJ.

Please tell me, when did GEJ say he wanted Buhari to send them to jail? I haven't seen that report of GEJ, but the ones I have seen and heard talk about changing the system to make it more difficult for people to carry out their corrupt practices in the first place.
Re: Buhari And The Burden Of Expectation By Dele Momodu by Beedude(m): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2015
bdidi:

Point of correction, in GEJ administration, the SCAM in the fuel subsidy was discovered. GEJ never created the SCAM. That scam as you put it has bedeviled the economy long before GEJ came to power.

The removal of the subsidy is what sparked off the last major protest which the oil carbal initiated.

Some of the removed subsidy are been plowed back into the economy under SUREP and YOUWIN programmes. Lots of youths are been liberated through these programmes. I have lots of friends who have benefited and are entrepreneurs now.

All you need is have a good business idea that you can defend well and you are on your way to becoming an employer of labour under GEJ administration. Its just that some of our youths are lazy. They want awoof money.

The refineries are unr rehabilitation, the Agricultural sector is undergoing a remarkable reform. Fertilizer gets directly to the farmers unlike before. Farming, food commodity business is now thriving and profitable. The transformation is moving forward!

To change all that is taking us backwards!

SURE P ? Anod scam impossed on graduates.. Read well man and b factual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Voter Caught With Multiple Voters Card (video) / Herdsmen Menace/banditry: Lagos, Benue, Ebonyi, Five Others To Acquire Drones / Gov Ugwuanyi Orders Demolition Of Caves Serving As Hideouts In Agwu Forests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.