Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race (2138 Views)

Buhari GOT A Presidential Welcome Parade Yesterday (Photos) / How Buhari Got House Leader Job For Gbajabiamila - Vanguard / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by midolian(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2015
Ijaw leader and former Minister of Information, Chief Edwin Clark, said on Friday that having compromised his stance on corruption by promising not to punish corrupt officials between 1999 and 2015, Gen Muhammadu Buhari has lost his unique selling point – fight against corruption – and as such has lost the major plank of his campaign.

It is widely believed that Buhari’s new stance on anti-corruption fight was to avoid dealing with one of the key leaders of his party, the All Progressives Congress, Sen. Bola Tinubu, who is perceived to have corruptly enriched himself while in office as Lagos State governor between 1999 and 2007.

Clark, while addressing a press conference on Friday in Abuja, said that with the renewed offensive against the Boko Haram insurgency by President Goodluck Jonathan, Buhari has nothing more to offer as his campaign promise is hinged primarily on fighting the insurgents and corruption.

He however called on President Goodluck Jonathan to reorganise the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to give the anti-graft agency more powers to fight corruption and other related financial crimes in the country.

According to Clark, ‎"Given that nothing substantial is being done to fight corruption, one is primed to advise Mr. President to immediately reorganise the EFCC to effectively discharge of its mandate.

"In all advanced democracies, anti graft agencies would swing into action following the kind of revelations and allegations against most people walking free on our streets today. Unfortunately, our own anti-graft agencies have simply adopted a siddon-look position. What a shame."

Clark who lampooned the APC presidential candidate for his compromise in his campaign promises, said, "General Muhammadu Buhari has always anchored his campaign promises on two cardinal planks: to wipe out insecurity and corruption. With the renewed offensive against the terrorists leading to the killing and dislodgement of the Boko Haram anarchists, the first campaign plank of Buhari has been given a technical knockout by President Goodluck Jonathan and the whole world is witnessing the reclaiming of all territories hitherto held by Boko Haram.

"This leaves him on a one legged platform. Again, on the remaining – corruption - General Buhari himself got jittery and gave himself another technical knockout when he said that he will not probe past leaders.

"With this development, Buhari has conceded that he has nothing more to offer the good people's of this country. In fact, I make bold to say that he is now standing for nothing and like they say he can fall for anything."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/clark-how-buhari-got-himself-out-of-the-presidential-race/204002/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by PassingShot(m): 8:42am On Mar 14, 2015
This Clark is ..... It's not good for me to insult you even though you sound deranged.

Old man, do you think there is any wisdom in Buhari pledging to investigate all past cases of corruption since 1999? For your information, Buhari might actually probe those cases but it will be stupid of him to be promising that. You may need to be reminded that it was a similar pledge by Awolowo that made OBJ and others to deny him the presidency.

On the other hand, GMB has sound reasoning not to favour probing past cases of corruption when he said doing so will divert their attention and focus from attending to more pressing issues of the nation. Abi make he use all four years dey probe GEJ/OBJ/IBB/Atiku et al?

It's interesting at the same time disheartening to see that you admit Jonathan has not done anything about corruption yet you want us to vote for him. For this comment it's obvious that you are corrupt, divisive, and senile sir.

On security, sensible Nigerians know that the success we have achieved now is because of election. Thus if there was no election, the BH boys would have continued to massacre innocent citizens just because some people are being made billionaires through the insurgency! Mba! The issue cannot be wished away a bit even if there is not a single Boko Haram member on the surface of the earth. We shall continue to talk about how GEJ/PDP handled this one many many years to come.

We need a leader who is always ready to stand up to insurgency in whatever form and whenever it rears its ugly head. There may be another kind of insurgency and militancy in future and we don't have to wait till then to be prepared. GMB fits into that role than GEJ the clueless one.

GMB/PYO 2015.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by midolian(m): 8:45am On Mar 14, 2015
Like Godfather, like "Godson"..Clueless hatmen

I wonder where Edwin Clark learnt to talk like Fayose and FFK...This defeat is seriously staring them in their ugly faces.

Bunch of losers/failures

14 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by ardeks(m): 8:46am On Mar 14, 2015
Mr. Clark, we don hear you. Okay? Or there's more you wanna say? »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Call (08104025614) for complete video tutorial on web designing (XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, JSON etc)

2 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by judiciarypalava: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2015
Cluelessness, the slogan of APC and GMB. The six weeks postponement doing the wonders.

Goodluck to APC

4 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Bright4(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2015
If the present of GMB can make a sitting president dt is not serious for 6yrs, to b more active under 6weeks, bet me, affairs of Nigeria within a year under general, will be a blessing. Meanwhile, I have decided to march4change. Bcoz, it's pure madness when u managed to charge ur phone with ur nebo's gen and return to ur dark room to tweet PDP.

6 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by GOATandYAMtheory: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2015
Dirty old man with dirty talks. Na so hin go dey deceive hin clueless son about. E go do una like film trick for election day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Oklander: 9:02am On Mar 14, 2015
If you think Buhari go just let all you thieves go free like that, then you all are on a long thing. E go do una like Africa magic for Kirikiri prison. grin

4 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by egift(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2015
Nigerians want Buhari so as to make sure Corruption will not continue. We don't want him to spend his tenure chasing people. And the government did not institute a case against your past does not mean an individual, group or organizations will not.

Clark never supported Buhari, so this rant is just a fading kick of an opportunist. There is nothing good about it.

We will continue drowning in the massive Corruption of Jonathan. Vote for Change. Sai Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Oklander: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Dirty old man with dirty talks. Na so hin go dey deceive hin clueless son about. E go do una like film trick for election day.
After e don do them like film trick for election day, e go come be like Africa Magic for Kirikiri prison. gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by LagosBoi2(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2015
Insane papa, how market?

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Jesusloveyou: 9:19am On Mar 14, 2015
Hehehehe,so he believe in buhari like dis,and he stil want his corrupt godson to continue deceiving us,he know buhari is d only one that can handle corruption and insecurity

3 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by themilanway(m): 9:42am On Mar 14, 2015
"In all advanced democracies anti graft agencies will swing into action following the kind of revelations and allegations against people walking free today on our streets.
Unfortunately,our own anti-graft agencies have simply adopted a siddon-look position.What a shame".Edwin Clark 2015

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by chymystique(f): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2015
GMB has no agenda for Nigeria period! He is just desperate for power like most politicians.. me aint buying that his shitt about corruption.. they said charity begins @ home.. GMB should tell me how he intends fighting corruption when "Corrupt persons" are funding his presidential campaign.. oR does he think fighting corruption is by word of the mouth ONLY?

APC aint the change Nigeria needs now.. we want "Action" not "Change".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by phlemzy: 10:25am On Mar 14, 2015
See u^^^. In the last few weeks,GEJ has visited the Redemption Camp,Canaan Land, the Lord's Chosen,southwest Obas & most recently the Renewed Ogboni Fraternity. From all of these and more,who is more desperate for power?

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2015
Buhari stated that he will NOT probe anyone between punish corrupt officials between 1999 and 2015. That's the truth.

The chief reason people wanted Buhari was to go and jail corrupt people. Is it not so ? And Buhari has come out to say he will not punish anyone from 1999 to 2015. What is he going to Aso Rock to do again ? To give Tinubu his sponsor Oil Wells ?

Buhari has NOTHING to offer Nigerians. He should go home and tend his cows.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by midolian(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2015
chymystique:
GMB has no agenda for Nigeria period! He is just desperate for power like most politicians.. me aint buying that his shitt about corruption.. they said charity begins @ home.. GMB should tell me how he intends fighting corruption when "Corrupt persons" are funding his presidential campaign.. oR does he think fighting corruption is by word of the mouth ONLY?

APC aint the change Nigeria needs now.. we want "Action" not "Change".
GMB should tell u how he intends to fight corruption? Who are u to deserve such attention sef? There is a saying that "My familiarity with a fowl does not mean I won't slaughter it when the need for meat arises"..Buhari won't hesitate to deal with anybody when he holds power. Only time will prove this

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by patrickmuf(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2015
Clark is trying to out do FFK...

2 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by MrEverest(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2015
That is the hypocrisy of APC, they shout that PDP is corrupt yet majority of their members came from PDP shocked :oThey shout that Buhari will fight corruption yet his sponsors & closest friends are among the most corrupt Nigerians They said that Buhari is not corrupt, yet the guy lied under oath that he has school cert even when it is glaring that he is just another old almajiri. Buhari said he so poor that he could not afford APC presidential form yet his children schools abroad & the wife later donated equipment worth hundreds of millions of Naira angry angry They can go on with their lies & brainwashing but only the illiterate ones will fall for it grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by chymystique(f): 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
midolian:
GMB should tell u how he intends to fight corruption? Who are u to deserve such attention sef? There is a saying that "My familiarity with a fowl does not mean I won't slaughter it when the need for meat arises"..Buhari won't hesitate to deal with anybody when he holds power. Only time will prove this

@the bold, "I am one of the fifty million Nigerians he is begging to vote for him and we deserve sincere answers and not tales by moonlight coming from other people".... How did you knw buhari wont hesitate to deal with anyone when he holds power judging by his statement that he wont jail corrupt officials btw 1999-2015?? I dont want time to prove anything to me, I WANT GMB himself to Come out and Prove to me with all sincereity his true intentions and not chanting "We will fight Corruption" like say he was programmed to keep chanting it.

BTW, GMB is no MR.INTEGRITY cause someone who has integrity can never stoop as low as he is doing just for power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by midolian(m): 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
chymystique:

@the bold, "I am one of the fifty million Nigerians he is begging to vote for him and we deserve sincere answers and not tales by moonlight coming from other people".... How did you knw buhari wont hesitate to deal with anyone when he holds power judging by his statement that he wont jail corrupt officials btw 1999-2015?? I dont want time to prove anything to me, I WANT GMB himself to Come out and Prove to me with all sincereity his true intentions and not chanting "We will fight Corruption" like say he was programmed to keep chanting it.

BTW, GMB is no MR.INTEGRITY cause someone who has integrity can never stoop as low as he is doing just for power.
buhari has done it b4 and will do it again. You don't need to be told more about his zero tolerance 2 corruption..

And on his behalf, I say to you "to hell with your 1 vote"...keep it for ur GEJ..

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by fathermikky: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
When buhari said at the past election that if he lose he will not contest again now he is fighting again and forgot his past talk.GEJ is going till 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
PassingShot:
This Clark is ..... It's not good for me to insult you even though you sound deranged.

Old man, do you think there is any wisdom in Buhari pledging to investigate all past cases of corruption since 1999? For your information, Buhari might actually probe those cases but it will be stupid of him to be promising that. You may need to be reminded that it was a similar pledge by Awolowo that made OBJ and others to deny him the presidency.

On the other hand, GMB has sound reasoning not to favour probing past cases of corruption when he said doing so will divert their attention and focus from attending to more pressing issues of the nation. Abi make he use all four years dey probe GEJ/OBJ/IBB/Atiku et al?

It's interesting at the same time disheartening to see that you admit Jonathan has not done anything about corruption yet you want us to vote for him. For this comment it's obvious that you are corrupt, divisive, and senile sir.

On security, sensible Nigerians know that the success we have achieved now is because of election. Thus if there was no election, the BH boys would have continued to massacre innocent citizens just because some people are being made billionaires through the insurgency! Mba! The issue cannot be wished away a bit even if there is not a single Boko Haram member on the surface of the earth. We shall continue to talk about how GEJ/PDP handled this one many many years to come.

We need a leader who is always ready to stand up to insurgency in whatever form and whenever it rears its ugly head. There may be another kind of insurgency and militancy in future and we don't have to wait till then to be prepared. GMB fits into that role than GEJ the clueless one.

GMB/PYO 2015.
FULL TXT WITH NO ISSUE OR MEANING.. IBU EWU
Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by gists: 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
The only set of people who still listen to this old man are the militants in the creeks.
He is obviously not wise enough to see the wisdom in GMB's lack of interest in what will be a major distraction in probing past corruption cases.
They are also the ones that will quickly turn around and say he doesn't have mercy and he "jailed people that stole money that is not enough to buy private jets"

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by oluspencer(m): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
patrickmuf:
Clark is trying to out do FFK...

You're wrong is competing with fayose. .

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by fresh15: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
Buhari has indeed lost grip of his campaign messages after the recent onslaught against Boko haram and his promise not to probe past leaders.He doesn't know what to say any more.That is why he is absconding from debates.Meanwhile,GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by vedaxcool(m): 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
Clark once again indict his clueless goatson in the areas of insecurity and corruption! He needs to read Buhari 100 days promise and see that it is indeed beyond security and corruption it is about CHANGE!

1 Like

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by major466(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
MrEverest:
That is the hypocrisy of APC, they shout that PDP is corrupt yet majority of their members came from PDP shocked :oThey shout that Buhari will fight corruption yet his sponsors & closest friends are among the most corrupt Nigerians They said that Buhari is not corrupt, yet the guy lied under oath that he has school cert even when it is glaring that he is just another old almajiri. Buhari said he so poor that he could not afford APC presidential form yet his children schools abroad & the wife later donated equipment worth hundreds of millions of Naira angry angry They can go on with their lies & brainwashing but only the illiterate ones will fall for it grin grin
Gold Medal post. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by Bekwarra(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
Re: Clark: How Buhari Got Himself Out Of The Presidential Race by ngoziiwenofu1: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
Let's vote for PDP
> ‎GEJ is d 1st president to make sure there is a federal uni in each state of d nation. He established 9 new uni to make sure the 36 states of d federation have a fed. Uni.
> He provided leadership in d development of risk reduction measures and disaster management.
> 4,607 jobs were created for health workers in 2012.
> He rehabilitated the kaduna refinery after 15 years of neglect by past administrations.
> Restructuring of d nigeria civil authority (NCAA) to expand and promote safety oversight, surveillance and human capital development in d industry. 
> Development of a national counter terrorism strategy (NACTEST).‎Its has been tested and proven both scientifically and morally that GEJ has been the best leader the country has had and is still having.and will still have. My good people of nigeria vote for a peaceful leader and not a man who is filled with curse from d innocent bloods he has shed. Let's do this work.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Goes Into Hiding / SGF: APC Chieftains Dump Amaechi For Onu / APC: Anti-saraki Senators List Conditions For Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.