Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC (15280 Views)

EFCC: N676m Immigration Jobs Cash Blown On Houses / EFCC Invites Board Secretary, Sylvanus Tagun, Over Immigration Jobs Tragedy / INEC Announces Results In Benue, Jonathan Taking The Lead - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by clevvermind(m): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
BruzMoney:

How about using ur pills?
i gave it to you na. you are the one that have need of it. i bought it purposely for you.
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by princerhema: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
grin
clevvermind:

Immediately you join APC, the next is to lose your
senses!
. My brther I fear o, na like father like son like buhari like his followers grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by ogene007: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
Liar Mohamed's lies and propaganda has entered overdrive mode. He spews out trash on an hourly basis, indicative of the last struggles of a drowning man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by kjaaja(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
Tru talk ALHAJI lai Mohammed. Nigeria has decided. Change is all we want... Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by manutdadex(m): 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hardetayour:
Everyone knows this. Abba Moro wasn't even moved by what happened. He blamed the dead for their own deaths. Showed no sympathy for the dead. I wonder how he sleeps at night. Then after collecting 1k per head, he pocketed the money and shared it to his own people not knowing they're spending blood money. May God help us in this country
in as much as it is sad loose loved ones but aw can u go for a job interview n u saw d crowd (up to filling a stadium) and u stil wait dis alone makes me wonda if truly they re graduates.....n dat one na one center o. common sense is not common
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by BruzMoney(m): 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
clevvermind:
i gave it to you na. you are the one that have need of it. i bought it purposely for you.

Grow up boy
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by opemipo2013: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
God bless Nigeria. Sai Buhari
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
nigerians need to be aware of a dog who shows not to bark because he saw its owner bringing bone and after he finishes eating, the dog will bark at the owner again, a parable for we nigerians, during the issue of subsidy wat did jonathan did when we all were against it, he threw armies to the street and he said he wont change his decision, dis same man is now the man who wants to pretends to us by buying our minds to vote for him with just few weeks to election and here we are not knowing we will pay for it, when students will start paying high, petrol will go high, dey will collect ur shoes and u will waka shoeless cos u av to pay for everything dey are giving u now...be wise nigerian, pdp is not the party to be voted for, u can make ur vote for other parties pls wahala is ahead of naija if.........
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by omonnakoda: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
babestella:
I want people to analyse how the unfortunate incident happened then we will stop blaming GEJ. It has always been our culture never to resign, step down or step aside in events of tragedy so I wasn't really surprised to still see Abba Moro and David Paradang on board. However, what happened was tragic and very unfortunate but come to think of it, what if the recruitment exercise had gone well will anyone be calling GEJ all these unholy names?

The stampede happened as a result if something, GEJ, or these government officials did not cause the stampede. I have a friend who was at the scene, it was pathetic as no one could exactly point at anything.
[s]
Talking about the money paid, we all know that this application was done online and a consultant was engaged, some fee had to be paid though the amount charged was high.
[/s]
Over I will still indict the immigration depart for not doing the test in batches so as to be able to control crowd and I think they have learnt a lesson from that ugly incident.

Now that the victims have been compensated and given automatic employments we have to commend the government on this and not use it as a political means. APC and supporters please take note.
Why must a fee be PAID ,WHY.That may make sense in your head but it does not to most Nigerians.
A consultant was engaged ,BY GOD or his Son JESUS?? Why?
, You spill all this as if it is the most natural thing to do, happening everywhere else in the world. People apply for all kinds of things online and DO NOT PAY.By similar logic why not ask people to pay for voter's cards
Let me tell you what is not only natural but actually obligatory. If you own a large building or venue you should INSURE it so when things like this happen your insurers are liable. Good insurers will not insure risky activity. They will ask that the venue is approved by Fire service for intended activities . Since that incident has there actually been any genuine learning in the government of safety procedures
We saw images of the so called test.Can any credible TEST have taken place under those circumstances. When you come out with such twaddle trying to insult or collective intelligence we will revolt and reject your nonsense.The insult is on you and your family.
People died because they were crowded into an unfit venue for a dubious enterprise it was not surprising at all.
Hear yourself " The stampede happened as a result of something" Do stampedes happen at Aso Rock? Why? Stampedes happen when there are large crowds in small spaces. The stampede happened because a callous and insensitive government organized or should I say misorganized a shambolic enterprise called an "aptitude test". The pictures of the test with "candidates" Cheek by jowl with each other were shameful enough to any decent human.
For you to come out in any kind of defence of that confirms you as a total beast
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Not exactly.

Inasmuch as I do not like the PDP.....it does take time to verify/sift genuine claimants from the fakes. Then there is the bureaucracy....and the fact that financial compensation has to be worked out from the ever tight budget.(''No, you can't take money from there!"wink.

P.S....I wonder why no one has been sacked yet for the fiasco.?

All those may be true, but what about that m..oron that presided over the scam? what bureaucracy stalled his sacking?
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Chinatownm(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
kennydee05:

Maybe I should pray for you that you or any of your family member should fall victim of government negligence and selfish attitude towards citizens.... let's see where you will be able to type rubbish like GEJ till 2019...

ur too blind to see wat gudluck is doin. As for u, dias no trace of u having a family talk more of a responsible one. If u have the guts to call a sitting president clueless dat says it all of d kind of environment ur brought up from.
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by omonnakoda: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by maestroferddi: 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
I have stopped taking APC serious.

A bunch of confused fellows who are living under the delusion that they could eat their cakes and still have them.

Boko Haram was on rampage in the North East; APC went town making noises of how they eliminate insurgency by a single wave of hand. Then the authorities eliminated the political capital they were making with a national threat. The insurgents are being progressively defeated.
When there cock and bull story was becoming embarrassing, they started complimenting the gallantry of the nation's armed forces albeit tongue in cheek.

APC have been campaigning that Jonathan had forgotten the families of young Nigerians who died in the unfortunate Immigration Recruitment exercise. Jonathan then decided to exploit their disingenuous disposition, they are whining like there would be tomorrow.

Nothing smart here.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by oshotemi19: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
MadCow1:
My thoughts exactly..

I wonder why the families of those killed by the same methodology by the same Immigrations during their recruitment exercise in 2008 did not get the same 75 million Naira Largess..

I guess he only way to get money from the government is to sacrifice one of your family members to a Federal government tragedy..

What a Nation..

I was a victim of that tragic event.
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by gabrol(m): 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
Delay, they say defeat equity and justice delay is justice denied. Gej & his 'push to start work' team waited dis long b4 doing antin to conpesate d families, if not for election he would av forgoten dem completly. Funy enough, nobody gets prosecuted talkles of being jailed for d lost of those promising lifes. What a country?
#neveragain
#teamchange
SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
The sane APC took advantage of the missing chibok girls.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by jodeci(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Chidonsky:
Am begining to see reasons while most sensible and educated elites won't vote for Apc,it more like a party where rascals are breed.

GBAM!! I so much hate the party..founded on lies and deceit.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by OLADD: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
abu12:
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-taking-advantage-of-immigration-jobs-tragedy-apc/

The All Progressives Congress has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of taking political advantage of calamities that have befallen Nigeria under his watch, saying giving N5m toeach family that lost a relative in the Immigration recruitment exercise after one year is not only belated but aimed at soliciting votes.In a statement issued in Lagos on Saturday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party wondered why it took thePresident one year to act on the promise he made to the families, adding that but for the forthcoming elections, the President would have simply ignored the families, “in his usual style.””The truth is that this President was forced to act because of the elections.

Otherwise, why has it taken one year for the President to redeem his promise to the bereaved families? Why has hisAdministration not sanctioned those who sent innocent job seekers to their early graves after extorting them? Why is the Interior Minister,Mr. Abba Moro, who presided over the deaths, still in office, virtually dancing on the graves of those innocent youths?”Sunday, March 15th, will mark one year since those vibrant youths were lured to their deaths by a callous federal government that failed them in all ramifications, including the security of their lives and the assurance of their welfare, the raison d’etre of any government.

It is therefore utterly reprehensible, immoral and wicked for the same administration to seek to make political gains out of the needless tragedy,” it said.APC said President Jonathan, “in his desperation for re-election, has also sought to take political advantage of other tragedies, including the Buni Yadi massacre of school children and the abduction of Chibok girls.”After refusing to even visit the families of those school children in Buni Yadi and Chibok, the President suddenly woke up and startedsending delegations to meet with them, all this because he needs votes. As a parent himself, how will the President feel if he had been so treated? Why must the President put his re-election over and above everything else, including the welfare and security of Nigerians? Is there no limit to desperation.”

It said Nigerians are keenly aware of the fact that this President has suddenly woken up from his deep slumber and become artificiallyhyperactive, making repeated visits to regions that he had neglected in the past six years and doling out hard currencies even at a time the Naira was taking a beating, all for election purposes.”No one is fooled by the antics of a desperate President, and in the fullness of time,

Nigerians will show President Jonathan and his cohorts that they are not impressed by his pretend governance,” APCsaid.

These APC people people sha! Did the president give marching order to the victims and their families to vote for him in the forthcoming elections? Everybody knows how cumbersome and time-consuming it must have taken the authority to investigate and ascertain the degree of injuries and death suffered, the number of authentic applicants involved in the tragedy and most importantly, authenticate the veracity of claims from the relatives of deceased applicants. Can't APC give this govt a break? Has APC's Fashola succeeded in compensating those he displaced at Makoko and other areas in Lagos State? Why do APC behave like saints which they are not?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Imanuelle:
The sane APC took advantage of the missing chibok girls.
grin grin grin ur siggy
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Hardetayour: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
manutdadex:
in as much as it is sad loose loved ones but aw can u go for a job interview n u saw d crowd (up to filling a stadium) and u stil wait dis alone makes me wonda if truly they re graduates.....n dat one na one center o. common sense is not common
Have u ever been desperate enough? When u're desperate, u can do anything. Most of them would have finished school for years and there's no job. Do u expect them not to try to get the opportunity to get an FG job. Think about it
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
You're a fool did any LASU student die
anytexy:
TOuts every where. Why did it take Fashola so long to reduce LASU fees if not for the same reason. Nobody can decieve me by mere propaganda. APC are not better than PDP. Na the same people. Thief's!
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
2sExy1:
grin grin grin ur siggy

Lol, Bros, seriously, I don't joke with kpomo.
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by oyesjoy: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=Collynzo419 post=31611145]13 days to the actualization of Change in Nigeria

You cannot expect to achieve in 6 weeks what you could not do in 6 years.

Nigeria is now nearly bankrupt because the presidency is using all federal financial resources to hoodwink Nigerians- it will not work!

Change is what we want.

#wehavedecided
not are not informed at all, what do you think is wrong with Nigeria economy?
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by pitoski(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
clevvermind:

Immediately you join APC, the next is to lose your
senses!

exactly
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by kennydee05(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Chinatownm:

ur too blind to see wat gudluck is doin. As for u, dias no trace of u having a family talk more of a responsible one. If u have the guts to call a sitting president clueless dat says it all of d kind of environment ur brought up from.
Sorry is your case.... I don't insult because I wasn't brought up that way.... I challenge you to highlight where I a sitting president clueless... and it if you can, then you are a..........
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by Ephemmm: 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
Calebosko:
tunder strike Apc for that talk,i cant beleav they said dat,if PDP honour their parent they may even disown them all because of the hate they have for PDP,
Where in the ENTIRE world have you ever
head of immediate compensation after a
tragedy? How long did it take Lagos State
government to return school fees to the
students of LASU? Are they still not owing
other batches of students? This APC people
behave like they smoke their brooms. It is
either that or they've used their brooms to
sweep their brains away. Smh.

Why can't you sacrifice your life during immigration exercise so that your younger brother/sister can enjoy the money GEJ will donate to your family too?

We are talking of death of innocent youth after they have been milked by this unorganized, and selfish govt and you are here talking rubbish or is it a lie if I say the increment in school fees affects all the FG owned institutions too?

Worse still, he promised to refund all the money collected from applicants, has he done so?

It is high time you resurrect from your slumber, honezly....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by hush15: 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Immarshall:
Jona-daft doing everything possible to win elections

The truth is that he doesn't really care about the families of the deceased,otherwise it wouldnt have taken this long..
Why cant mr president do anything at the right time.well they say,Once CLUELESS ALWAYS CLUESS

#GMB WE WANT

Whateva pls. APC doesn't care either any family either except their immediate ones so what the heck, what about all those impounded bikes and oppressed men and women daily tormented by kai... Is it not cause of election they stopped pestering those traders too...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by medamillion(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
anytexy:
TOuts every where. Why did it take Fashola so long to reduce LASU fees if not for the same reason. Nobody can decieve me by mere propaganda. APC are not better than PDP. Na the same people. Thief's!
We are talking about life, you are talking about hike in school fee. Now that Fashola has corrected his mistake by reducing the said school fees, can GEJ bring back the soul of thes e innocent youths? Has GEJ done anything to bring the Minster who oversee the death of these youths to book?
GEJ is an election president; not the president of the poor masses.
Put yourself in the shoes of these youths, if your lovely brother (god forbid) was among them, will you still come here and shout GEJ till 2019?
Photo speak:

Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by henrysam(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
So apc we should shut down the running of government because election is coming. I just wonder the set of people that constitute this party even their supporters are not helping matters
You like it or not. It's gej till apc dismantle.
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by loomer: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
Una no even know how to complain, wen the tragedy happened na apc use am as advantage....

Make una campaign and stop complaining
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by babestella: 5:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
omonnakoda:
Why must a fee be PAID ,WHY.That may make sense in your head but it does not to most Nigerians.
A consultant was engaged ,BY GOD or his Son JESUS?? Why?
, You spill all this as if it is the most natural thing to do, happening everywhere else in the world. People apply for all kinds of things online and DO NOT PAY.By similar logic why not ask people to pay for voter's cards
Let me tell you what is not only natural but actually obligatory. If you own a large building or venue you should INSURE it so when things like this happen your insurers are liable. Good insurers will not insure risky activity. They will ask that the venue is approved by Fire service for intended activities . Since that incident has there actually been any genuine learning in the government of safety procedures
We saw images of the so called test.Can any credible TEST have taken place under those circumstances. When you come out with such twaddle trying to insult or collective intelligence we will revolt and reject your nonsense.The insult is on you and your family.
People died because they were crowded into an unfit venue for a dubious enterprise it was not surprising at all.
Hear yourself " The stampede happened as a result of something" Do stampedes happen at Aso Rock? Why? Stampedes happen when there are large crowds in small spaces. The stampede happened because a callous and insensitive government organized or should I say misorganized a shambolic enterprise called an "aptitude test". The pictures of the test with "candidates" Cheek by jowl with each other were shameful enough to any decent human.
For you to come out in any kind of defence of that confirms you as a total beast

I will not take that insult from you, I expect civility in your response to my mention ok. I addressed a general house and did not take a swipe at anyone, so if you have to respond to my mention, I suggest you do that objectively & constructively.

Now that the avoidable damage is done, the government had done what it could to compensate the victims and family of those who lost their lives in that sad incident, so what do you now want?, for everyone to get sacked right? Yes you are damn right but that wouldn't bring back those who had lost their lives, take it or leave it. It doesn't change anything. Lessons are learnt everyday and people must move on with their lives. We've seen people die in avoidable auto accidents and yet other drivers still don't learn the lesson, you still see accidents happen everyday and people die yet it doesn't stop other people from traveling.

You speak of crowd crowd crowd. Haven't we seen several thousands of people attend crusade in some churches? why had there not been stampede in such places? Do stampede happen just because you have crowd at the venue? Even as unacceptable as it is, yes the organizers performed abysmally poorly but that doesn't rule out the fact that people would still had failed that test even if everyone had to look up answers in the text books.

About the payment, I find it funny how are quick we compare Nigeria with western countries where we don't even know how things work internally, all we see is the superficial effect of what goes underneath. We don't even know what the infrastructure looks like and how it is managed and administered. Now tell me one government parastatal that has a realtime functioning Internet/IT infrastructure. Even in Lagos state government, most of their IT infrastructure is run on contact by consultants. So does it mean that immigration department cannot engage a consultant who can set up IT infrastructure to help at least in the online registration? Even though the fee is quite high, but it sure gave the consulting firm a lifeline to continue its existence and also pay its staffs. Or you think that the immigration department should had stuck to paper application forms which must definitely disenfranchise a lot of applicants whose application forms will be used in selling roasted yam and plantain even to them?i
Please wake up and stop this insults, the reality is that it was a lesson learnt in a very sad and hard way and the government had done something in the right direction even though it's sad, but NIGERIA must move on, we can't get stuck there.

Lastly, I still maintain that if the test had gone well and people got jobs, would anyone come out here to blame GEJ or complain about the 1,000 fee paid. What if the registration project was awarded to you as an IT consultant and the process went well and no issues, would you say the fee paid was too high? Please let's accept to move on even sadly as we remember what had happened. We can't stop moving on. I have seen worst disasters yet the victims had kept it behind them and moved on. It's your choice and your call, GEJ had tried compensating the victims and I think it's ok. This doesn't make anyone a beast.
Re: Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC by rasco2000me: 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
Calebosko:
tunder strike Apc for that talk,i cant beleav they said dat,if PDP honour their parent they may even disown them all because of the hate they have for PDP,
Where in the ENTIRE world have you ever
head of immediate compensation after a
tragedy? How long did it take Lagos State
government to return school fees to the
students of LASU? Are they still not owing
other batches of students? This APC people
behave like they smoke their brooms. It is
either that or they've used their brooms to
sweep their brains away. Smh.
MAY SOMETHING MORE THAN THUNDER STRIKE U MAY WHAT HAPEN TO DOES PEOPLE HAPEN TO U WHY IS IT NOW THAT IS DOING ALL THESE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngige: I Don’t Have Interest In Anambra Governorship For Now / Naira Under Pressure, Nigeria May Seek Dollar Loan – IMF / WHO, Boko-Haram's Doctor Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.