Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls (2376 Views)

Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? / 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) / Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by sheunpompey1: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
I will appreciate a good response based on experience and fact not just assumptions. Thanks
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by praxisnetworks: 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
smiley depends on what you want in a car...what do you want in a car and mind you mercedes 1998-2004 c class covers different models that you don't want to start a comparison....even with the mercedes alone..moreso what's your conceptualisation of economical? lomomike..etal
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by DGD1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
praxisnetworks:
smiley depends on what you want in a car...what do you want in a car and mind you mercedes 1998-2004 c class covers different models that you don't want to start a comparison....even with the mercedes alone..moreso what's your conceptualisation of economical? lomomike..etal

u gave said it well,
mind u d two variants fits different class and taste.
to me the two are worlds apart in terms of performance.
though I use a Camry (pencil) not that I can't afford a Benz BT its a tale for another day.
it depends on what u want from your car.
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by abatically(m): 10:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
There is no beating around the bush here, the Camry is more economical... Full stop. By economical it means costs less to maintain and requires less expertise to fix. Any kazeem will fix the Camry, don't try that with the Benz. Abro atf will survive in the Camry, the parts are cheaper, can be abused and still take u to it destination.
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by chucky234(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2015
People and funny comparisons sha, I reserve my comment.
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by sheunpompey1: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2015
From info I have got, learnt the cost of servicing a benz is very cheap though it requires an expertise. Also the fuel consumption is ok compared to camry... the parts also are readily available. but my contention is having people's opinion. It is always a good idea to have other peeps experience and facts. I will appreciate if u can share more experience and fact. Thanks to those that have bear their minds.
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by praxisnetworks: 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
post the pix of the cars you are trying to compare!

sheunpompey1:
From info I have got, learnt the cost of servicing a benz is very cheap though it requires an expertise. Also the fuel consumption is ok compared to camry... the parts also are readily available. but my contention is having people's opinion. It is always a good idea to have other peeps experience and facts. I will appreciate if u can share more experience and fact. Thanks to those that have bear their minds.
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by abatically(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
sheunpompey1:

U probably don't know what u are talking about. What model and year of Benz are u referring to?

1 Like

Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by Aeman(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
Guy make person no decieve u d camry is far more. Economical dan d benz I can bet d cheez I don't even av. On dat Ghost
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
cut the long story short: compare price of
a) shafts
b) shock absorbers
c)tokunbo engine
d) tokunbo transmission and ATF
e) fuel pump
f) tie~rods
g) body parts
h) AC compressor
i) radiator
j) serpentine belts
k) timing belt
l) water pump
m) tokunbo radiator fans
n) power steering pump
o) engine (oil seals)
p) engine seatings
q) set of tokunbo plug wires
r) camshaft, crankshaft, knock, ECT, A/F sensors
s) brake discs
t) calipers..

lets compare prices of OEM parts...
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by sheunpompey1: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2015
I think u are getting me. The kind of impression I am getting is that Benz is easier to maintain compared to Toyota Camry. While the fuel consumption of both cars are the same depending on the engine model. I am not a car expert. I just want to hear peeps candid opinion on the two cars. Thanks @Chiebube
chiebube:
cut the long story short: compare price of
a) shafts
b) shock absorbers
c)tokunbo engine
d) tokunbo transmission and ATF
e) fuel pump
f) tie~rods
g) body parts
h) AC compressor
i) radiator
j) serpentine belts
k) timing belt
l) water pump
m) tokunbo radiator fans
n) power steering pump
o) engine oil seals
p) engine seatings
q) set of tokunbo plug wires
r) camshaft, crankshaft, knock, ECT, A/F sensors
s) brake discs
t) calipers..

lets compare prices of OEM parts...
Re: Which Is More Economical Between Toyota Camry 1998_2004 & Benz C200. Advice Pls by praxisnetworks: 11:52am On Mar 21, 2015
gbam!....I would have agreed if he had said peugeot!

abatically:

U probably don't know what u are talking about. What model and year of Benz are u referring to?

(1) (Reply)

My Vehicle Sound Change After My Mech. Tamper With This Part. Help / Oil Filter Replacement / My Honda Stops Accelerating After Driving For Some Minutes,but When Off And On..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.