Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) (9834 Views)

2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
It's now a cliché to new entrants and old vehicle users that if you want a car that is cheap, easy to maintain and fuel economical that you should go for camry or anything Toyota. Everyday, we hear and see people's Toyota cars (especially camry) stolen. I created this thread to compare these cars in terms or reality and not "dem say" or my mechanic say.
Let's compare these cars in terms of
1.) Price of shock absorbers.
2.) Price of break lads.
3.) Engine and gear prices.
4.) Fuel pumps price
5.) Anything else fuel consumption, how much to get a clean Nigerian used (tokunboh fit high because of exchange rates).

For this who do not know these cars by names, I've attached their pictures. First is the Toyota cary and second is the Mercedes-Benz.

Cc: Siena
Cc: Gazzuzz
Cc: Cityhood
Cc: Yduke, duke1, Duke and anything duke

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
BENZ IS CHEAPER TO MAINTAIN
BRAKE PADS ARE ALMOST THE SAME PRICE..
But the benz hub and brake disc is more cheaper
the engine of the camry now is about 120k here without the gearbox while the benz engine and auto gearbox is not more than 110k...with manual gear box its abt 65k...
benz shock absorber is cheaper and tends to last longer than brandnew camry shock...
fuel consumption the difference is not noticeable....
a/c i would give the camry... (but u meet top shape benz ac even for hot sun the glass go gather water)
durability benz wins it.. less mechanic visit on a benz
body parts are generally cheaper.... benz complete door goes for about 13k while the camry door excluding engine lifter is about 15k...infact the door handles alone cost abt 6k.
benz body is more tougher than the camry..
you just feel that complete german technology uniqueness and difference in a benz compared to the weak bodied and japan cost cutting built camry...
my humble opinion
and yes the 1999 c class benz cost about the same as the camry... or about a 100k cheaper

2 Likes

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by oshiosense(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
royallord1:
the engine of the camry now is about 120k here without the gearbox while the benz engine and auto gearbox is not more than 110k...with manual gear box its abt 65k...
benz shock absorber is cheaper and tends to last longer than brandnew camry shock...
a/c i would give the camry... (but u meet top shape benz ac even for hot sun the glass go gather water)
body parts are generally cheaper.... benz complete door goes for about 13k while the camry door excluding engine lifter is about 15k...infact the door handles alone cost abt 6k.
you just feel that complete german technology uniqueness and difference in a benz compared to the weak bodied and japan cost cutting built camry...
my humble opinion
and yes the 1999 c class benz cost about the same as the camry... or about a 100k cheaper
Thank you for this. The benz is my next car
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
royallord1:
my humble opinion

You seem to have spoken a lot on my mind. Thanks you've done noble
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
oshiosense:
Thank you for this. The benz is my next car

Lol! Same here
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by felix55(m): 4:32am On Nov 10, 2016
Camery parts every where so to me,I would love to go for Camry ...
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2016
felix55:
it's same with the Mercedes bro

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
felix55:
in the benz u would not have shaft problem but with camry u have to change shaft(inner and outer... outer shaft most of the time).
stablizer bushin, stablizer rubber...
parts full everywhere and not only are theu durable they are cheap..
back light complete for camry will cost 16000 while benz both go for not more than10k

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Originalsly: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hmmm.... interesting. Why would the far more expensive and better Benz sell for the same price of the camry? The parts mentioned are just a few.... how reliable is the Benz?... are its electrical and electronic systems sound?... or do they act up?... how easy are they to fix?... and costs?

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by ndcide(m): 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
Seriously, if I see a really clean 190 I will buy

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Jazzlite: 6:00am On Nov 11, 2016
Stop posting nonsense:

1. A Mercedes Benz C Klasse can only be equated to the Toyota Corolla..... of the same year

2. the Mercedes Benz E klasse 1995-2001 was in response to the Toyota Camry pencil light and fish-light...

3. that stated above are the basis for comparison.....

Philadelphia:
It's now a cliché to new entrants and old vehicle users that if you want a car that is cheap, easy to maintain and fuel economical that you should go for cary or anything Toyota. Everyday, we hear and see people's Toyota cars (especially camry) stolen. I created this thread to compare these cars in terms or reality and not "dem say" or my mechanic say.
Let's compare these cars in terms of
1.) Price of shock absorbers.
2.) Price of break lads.
3.) Engine and gear prices.
4.) Fuel pumps price
5.) Anything else fuel consumption, how much to get a clean Nigerian used (tokunboh fit high because of exchange rates).

For this who do not know these cars by names, I've attached their pictures. First is the Toyota cary and second is the Mercedes-Benz.

Cc: Siena
Cc: Gazzuzz
Cc: Cityhood
Cc: Yduke, duke1, Duke and anything duke
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 7:31am On Nov 11, 2016
ndcide:
Seriously, if I see a really clean 190 I will buy
we are comparing cclass not 190e ... takenote

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2016
Jazzlite:
Stop posting nonsense:

1. A Mercedes Benz C Klasse can only be equated to the Toyota Corolla..... of the same year

2. the Mercedes Benz E klasse 1995-2001 was in response to the Toyota Camry pencil light and fish-light...

nigerians and i too know... how can you say benz c class was a response to corolla... more over the OP is seeking comparism between a particular camry and a particular c class.. dont ever be confused mercedes and toyota no be the same thing... one puts up best product avialable into their vehicle while another was built on cost cutting measure in other to achieve low cost of purchase..
non the less its important to note that c class was actually intoduced by benz to get the younger generation interested in benz.. cos a survey showed only old person who knew the benz feeling went for it.. as the price was seemed much for the young and hip generation to cough out... so c class was not produced as a reply for corolla... get your facts right.. but rather to attract the young generation... same goes for the gclass and the glk.. or how would u now xplain the mclass suv, glclass suv what where they responding to- toyota's what?
ever wondered why most big men including the presidents of nation use mercedes? becos benz and toyota no be MATE.....
pls note : that c class production began in 1987..testing began in 1990 and was released in 1993 as a replacement for 190e
you didnt even say toyota avensis nah corolla u take they compare c class... chia u fall hand angry
below are the picture of the corolla you said c class was produced after.. or...
can you compare the 2015 c class to 2015 corolla?
they have not been mates and they would never be...

9 Likes

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... interesting. Why would the far more expensive and better Benz sell for the same price of the camry? The parts mentioned are just a few.... how reliable is the Benz?... are its electrical and electronic systems sound?... or do they act up?... how easy are they to fix?... and costs?
every car has its craze.. all cars produced right now are majorly electronic from push to start/sensor buttons to electronic throtle to electronic and manual gear box... to voice activated control system(improved user interface) to park assit mechanism...e.t.c the auto world is pushing to where cars would drive them selves... so cars and electronic problem are not seperable.. non the less..
the cars in comparism have less electronic attribute.. and would develop problems that most kazeem can fix..
#HailingsToAllTheKazeemsInTheHouse cheesy
pls note: as regards the price many persons used the eye ofthe old benz e class to access this c class but as more and more people got to know the durability and cheap maintainace culture things began to change, there was a time the benz was selling for 500k to 600k toks but now its about the sameprice with the camry

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 11:31am On Nov 11, 2016
Jazzlite:
Stop posting nonsense:

You just spewed thrash from that hole you mistake for a mouth. I sorry for you undecided

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Jazzlite: 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
royallord1:

nigerians and i too know... how can you say benz c class was a response to corolla... more over the OP is seeking comparism between a particular camry and a particular c class.. dont ever be confused mercedes and toyota no be the same thing... one puts up best product avialable into their vehicle while another was built on cost cutting measure in other to achieve low cost of purchase..
non the less its important to note that c class was actually intoduced by benz to get the younger generation interested in benz.. cos a survey showed only old person who knew the benz feeling went for it.. as the price was seemed much for the young and hip generation to cough out... so c class was not produced as a reply for corolla... get your facts right.. but rather to attract the young generation... same goes for the gclass and the glk.. or how would u now xplain the mclass suv, glclass suv what where they responding to- toyota's what?
ever wondered why most big men including the presidents of nation use mercedes? becos benz and toyota no be MATE.....
pls note : that c class production began in 1987..testing began in 1990 and was released in 1993 as a replacement for 190e
you didnt even say toyota avensis nah corolla u take they compare c class... chia u fall hand angry
below are the picture of the corolla you said c class was produced after.. or...
can you compare the 2015 c class to 2015 corolla?
they have not been mates and they would never be...

did I say the bolded learn to read with understanding

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by fabienjoe: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
Benz c-class is NEVER competing with Toyota corolla. It is competing directly with Toyota camry, Honda accord, BMW 3 series, Nissan Altima, Mazda 6 etc. Benz never competed in the small car segment until the introduction of A class and now they have B class as well. BMW similarly introduced 1 series to compete in the small car segment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
Jazzlite:

Jazzlite:
Stop posting nonsense:

3. that stated above are the basis for comparison...
did I say the bolded learn to read with understanding
my guy... u didnt have to use the word RESPONSE but by every interpretation and understanding you implied it.... if u where not in that line of thinking how come u used the very same word (RESPONSE) in ur 2nd statement when u talked about camry and benz e class
so just hide ur face in shame ... there is no longer room to excuse ur ignorance....
peace..

3 Likes

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
royallord1:

my guy... u didnt have to use the word RESPONSE but by every interpretation and understanding you implied it.... if u where not in that line of thinking how come u used the very same word (RESPONSE) in ur 2nd statement when u talked about camry and benz e class
so just hide ur face in shame ... there is no longer room to excuse ur ignorance....
peace..

Don't mind the ignoramus thread derailer. He is exposing his ignorance even the more by trying to defend his statement.

3 Likes

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Jazzlite: 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
you are a shameless individual .... an unreserved apology would have earned you a little dignity.... use your brains

how does c class -corolla relate with the w210 E klasse - Pencil Camry tango?

royallord1:

peace..
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Jazzlite: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Philadelphia:

Don't mind the ignoramus thread derailer. He is exposing his ignorance even the more by trying to defend his statement.

a perfect adjective for you if you have been in 5 benz whatsapp forums and still spew rubbish... well thick skull has no cure
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Jazzlite: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
kingreign please educate these dullards
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
Jazzlite:
you are a shameless individual .... an unreserved apology would have earned you a little dignity.... use your brains

how does c class -corolla relate with the w210 E klasse and Pencil Camry?

grin grin grin
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
Jazzlite:

how does c class -corolla relate with the w210 E klasse and Pencil Camry?

shocked guy u definitely have a mental disability.. with so much evidence of poor use and understanding of english.... u truely deserve an appology am sorry for putting u through this great mental stress and exposing ur disability, illiteracy and stupidity all at once..
i should have known better and exercised some level of restraints ... so..poor of me...
you definitely dont know the meaning of the word EQUATE dat u used in ur lame writeup SMH....
and stop calling kingreign out... he knows his left from his right... not an ignoramous like YOU

disabled below.... show love and patience..
Jazzlite:

3 Likes

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
royallord1:

shocked guy u definitely have a mental disability.. with so much evidence of poor use and understanding of english.... u truely deserve an appology am sorry for putting u through this great mental stress and exposing ur disability, illiteracy and stupidity all at once..
i should have known better and exercised some level of restraints ... so..poor of me...
you definitely dont know the meaning of the word EQUATE dat u used in ur lame writeup SMH....
and stop calling kingreign out... he knows his left from his right... not an ignoramous like YOU

disabled below.... show love and patience..
don't be ignorant. that man is very correct.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
royallord1:
my humble opinion
who tells you that Benz is cheaper to maintain? you must be dreaming
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by abbacar: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2016
NgcoboP:

don't be ignorant. that man is very correct.
what is this one saying?
please dont encourage that guys ignorance he equated a corolla to a benz c class. @ royal lord 1 is right... but toyota camry dey wella it has a very high second hand value

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
abbacar:

what is this one saying?
please dont encourage that guys ignorance he equated a corolla to a benz c class. @ royal lord 1 is right... but toyota camry dey wella it has a very high second hand value
yes he's correct. small entry level sedans....

the Camry is a midlevel executive sedan same as the E klasse Benz... this has been trashed severally on Nairaland
and if you want a response from me next timeo please address me politely or I'd be happy to ignore you.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
NgcoboP:

who tells you that Benz is cheaper to maintain? you must be dreaming
no not dreaming... as regards this comparism i have both cars.. so am speaking from first hand experience...
the camry is currently down because of shaft ... went for a wedding on my way back.the inner shaft pulled no sign at all..... dat will cost about 16k to fix...
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2016
royallord1:

no not dreaming have both cars.. so am speaking from first hand experience...
the camry is currently down because of shaft ... went for a wedding on my way back.the inner shaft pulled no sign at all..... dat will cost about 16k to fix...
you should have been keeping up with the routine replacement with original new parts
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
even c class and vboot also pull legs if not properly maintained
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
NgcoboP:

you should have been keeping up with the routine replacement with original new parts
not too long i changed the outer shaft head before dis gave way...
note this did give any sign...although i blamed my mechanic cos he should habe detected .. he claimed it was completly sealed and no way to find out...
i really dont blame him cause the road to my house id terrible... but yet my benz doesnt give me problems at all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells / 2001-2004 Toyota Highlander And The 2005-2007 Models / 10 Essential Safety Tips For When Driving In The Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.