Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. (14715 Views)

Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

So what were you proposing... Asin your conviction.. lets take it one after the other.. smiley

I believe in a God.

Do you?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

I believe in a God.

Do you?
Nope i don't..

So why do you believe in a God and which of the God(s) humanity worship do you believe in?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Trees are living beings but a table made from trees is not a living being.. gerrit?

You are not getting the point. A car-like Living object can evolve from something.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Nope i don't..

So why do you believe in a God and which of the God(s) humanity worship do you believe in?

Lol.

Why don't you?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:00am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

You are not getting the point. A car-like Living object can evolve from something.

And what do you mean by car-like?

@bolded something cannot be an object and a living being at the same time. Objects are not living things. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol.

Why don't you?

first it is unprovable, only confined to the dimension of "faith" which itself as you know is the denial of reason and acceptance of implausible things as true..

so now answer my own question.

So why do you believe in a God and which of the God(s) humanity
worship do you believe in?? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

And what do you mean by car-like?

@bolded something cannot be an object and a living being at the same time. Objects are not living things. smiley

Really? Check your dictionary for the definition of object.

How did your living things become living things?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

first it is unprovable, only confined to the dimension of "faith" which itself as you know is the denial of reason and acceptance of implausible things as true..

so now answer my own question.

So why do you believe in a God and which of the God(s) humanity
worship do you believe in?? smiley

I'm too beautiful to just dismiss the fact that I dont have a creator.

The things around me testify His existence,

The Bible too is solid proof.

Sometimes, we don't need to see to believe.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:11am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Really? Check your dictionary for the definition of object. How did your living things become living things?
lol... You really need to read more.. living beings are not objects ..

and what do you mean by car-like please?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

lol... You really need to read more.. living beings are not objects ..

and what do you mean by car-like please?

Dictionary definition of an object:

anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.
a thing, person, or matter to which thought or action is directed:
an object of medical investigation.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/object

Answer my question: How did your living things come about?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:18am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

lmao...and this your creator is too ugly not to have a creator? Now take a look at it this way. . if everything complex needs a creator then something super complex as the idea (God) can pop out on its own, it must need a creator and that creator too must also need a creator.. so its a chain of infinite regress.
MzNelly:

and how does the things around do this? smiley
MzNelly:

The bible? seriously thats really a bad one... its like saying spider man exists, this comic book proves it. . .

MzNelly:

So then how come if i tell you a pink flying unicorn created the world, you wouldn't believe this.

Its clear you believe the christian concept of god; How come you disbelief other god concepts like allah, zeus, el, ea etc?

5 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Dictionary definition of an object:

anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.
a thing, person, or matter to which thought or action is directed:
an object of medical investigation.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/object

Answer my question: How did your living things come about?

and this was what i was trying to avoid, when he takes the discussion out of context... the second definition is not related to the topic ..

I do not know how any thing came to be, i wasnt there

so now boy, tell me what you mean by car-like
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:
lmao...and this your creator is too ugly not to have a creator? Now take a look at it this way. . if everything complex needs a creator then something super complex as the idea (God) can pop out on its own, it must need a creator and that creator too must also need a creator.. so its a chain of infinite regress.
and how does the things around do this? smiley
The bible? seriously thats really a bad one... its like saying spider man exists, this comic book proves it. . .

So then how come if i tell you a pink flying unicorn created the world, you wouldn't believe this.

Its clear you believe the christian concept of god; How come you disbelief other god concepts like allah, zeus, el, ea etc?

The Bible isn't just a comic book.

The things contained in it are enough to make anyone believe.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:24am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

The Bible isn't just a comic book.

The things contained in it are enough to make anyone believe.

Really? like creating day and night on the first day and then the sun on the fourth day..?

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Sorry for coming into your argument. Your beauty is not a result of god's work, but as a result of the care you gave your skin. Except for disabilities, which is as a result of chance, the cosmetics you use help defines your beauty. Some parents never used creams on their children, while some use baby jelly.

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Really? like creating day and night on the first day and then the sun on the fourth day..?

It goes deeper than that.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 01, 2015
I
johnydon22:

and this was what i was trying to avoid, when he takes the discussion out of context... the second definition is not related to the topic ..

I do not know how any thing came to be, i wasnt there

so now boy, tell me what you mean by car-like

Why argue when you don't know the true meaning of living.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:27am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

It goes deeper than that.

Nope, tell me... Do you believe that day and night was created the first day and then the sun on the fourth day?

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:

Sorry for coming into your argument. Your beauty is not a result of god's work, but as a result of the care you gave your skin. Except for disabilities, which is as a result of chance, the cosmetics you use help defines your beauty. Some parents never used creams on their children, while some use baby jelly.

I didn't mean physical beauty tho.

I mean the beauty of the hands, what they can do, of their ears, nose, legs, the stomach and functions it carries out, the excretory, circulatory and reproductive system.

Ever heard of the phrase "I am wonderfully made."

We all are, and it isn't just as a result of chance.

That is seriously laughable,
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Nope, tell me... Do you believe that day and night was created the first day and then the sun on the fourth day?

Where are you going with this?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:
I

Why argue when you don't know the true meaning of living.

Stil taking my posts out of context please stop the straw man fallacy... I said i do not know how anything started how does this mean i do not know what it means for something to be living? please dont ever quote me out of context again and never you employ straw man on me when discussing with me...

moreover why do you avoid my question.

[size=20] what do you mean by car-like[/size] please answer that
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Mznelly... Ignoring the fact that beauty of your physique is relative( I.e not universal), how does one make a statement that beauty equals a "creator"?...does that mean anything not apparently beautiful has none?

Using your logic since these creatures are mostly regarded as ugly they have no creator then? undecided

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:33am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Where are you going with this?

You said the bible is enough to make anyone believe, so since a book is the basis of your belief, i want us to scrutinize that book and it's plausibilities.

Do you believe that day and night was created four days before the sun?

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
Mznelly... Ignoring the fact that beauty of your physique is relative( I.e not universal), how does one make a statement that beauty equals a "creator"?...does that mean anything not apparently beautiful has none?

Using your logic since these creatures are mostly regarded as ugly they have no creator then? undecided

I mean the beauty of the hands, what they can do, of their ears, nose, legs, the stomach and functions it carries out, the excretory, circulatory and reproductive system.

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 12:36am On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101 I think I understand you.....you mean a car didn't just start being a car right?....but through car-like imitations....but then again you should understand that your answer made it analogous to saying inanimate objects are governed by biological evolution..

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

You said the bible is enough to make anyone believe, so since a book is the basis of your belief, i want us to scrutinize that book and it's plausibilities.

Do you believe that day and night was created four days before the sun?

Em....I'm confused. grin grin
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 12:40am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Em....I'm confused. grin grin
lol. . . i thought the bible is enough to make someone believe.. How come even you dont believe such glaring implausibility?

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

In your mind you're created beautifully, because you love yourself and human so much. Imagine being a monkey wouldn't you like your "beauty".

We developed those parts out of the need for them. Just as a fish has its fins and so on. Just one tiny mistake in the gene can create something new. There are babies with six toes and/or fingers, guys with dick and pussy, etc. These are proves of evolution. Something goes wrong for either good or bad.

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

lol. . . i thought the bible is enough to make someone believe.. How come even you dont believe such glaring implausibility?

The sun could have been created on any day.
I still don't get where you're heading with this.

theAtheist101:

In your mind you're created beautifully, because you love yourself and human so much. Imagine being a monkey wouldn't you like your "beauty".
We developed those parts out of the need for them. Just as a fish has its fins and so on. Just one tiny mistake in the gene can create something new. There are babies with five toes and/or fingers, guys with dick and pussy, etc. These are proves of evolution. Something goes wrong for either good or bad.

You really think the sun, moon, stars, wind, heaven, earth and seas came about by chance?

Wow

People dey o smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 12:46am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

okay

So you refer to function?
If that is the case then why would you have vestigial body parts?...why would your dna be riddled with jumping genes that if they found their way(which they do) into your dna you'd end up with a mutation?

yes I have...."fearfully and wonderfully made", it's how the bible tags you as "god did it" undecided

You keep bringing up "chance" as though anyone ever presented it as his/her case and nor that it's impossible...could you define what you meant by chance instead of hiding behind the vague word please?

Arrange your posts so that i'd know what you meant here.

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Stil taking my posts out of context please stop the straw man fallacy... I said i do not know how anything started how does this mean i do not know what it means for something to be living? please dont ever quote me out of context again and never you employ straw man on me when discussing with me...

moreover why do you avoid my question.

[size=20] what do you mean by car-like[/size] please answer that

Because you need an understanding of life itself to understand my point. Check David's comment.

A car-like is something that moves at the speed range of a car. I already stated this point at the beginning.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
okay

So you refer to function?
If that is the case then why would you have vestigial body parts?...why would your dna be riddled with jumping genes that if they found their way(which they do) into your dna you'd end up with a mutation?

yes I have...."fearfully and wonderfully made", it's how the bible tags you as "god did it" undecided

You keep bringing up "chance" as though anyone ever presented it as his/her case not that it's impossible...

Arrange your posts so that i'd know what you meant here.

Lol, I would whenever I get the chance

Goodnight. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Christmas Vs Easter: Which One Is More Significant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.