Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (664352 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
moneyallowed:

Lol that's original-bitten by a Spider-Vampire hybrid....eesh forget it. Was he a good vamp though? Or one of those that sacrificial fodder types.
Whoops, you missed my edit.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
Disease: Early onset Old age. Symptoms; tendency to watch teenage vamp flicks, amnesia and a weakness for young british actors. Mortality:100 percent. Prevention: Avoid all contact with subject named cao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
cao:
Whoops, you missed my edit.
That i did cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
moneyallowed:
Disease: Early onset Old age. Symptoms; tendency to watch teenage vamp flicks, amnesia and a weakness for young british actors. Mortality:100 percent. Prevention: Avoid all contact with subject namec cao
Err...Being Human was not a teenage show, I usually watch any vampire based film/TV series, but Twilight did not help at all. For those desperate for teen vampire angst, watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the TV series not the butchered film (although, I actually liked that film, but I was young and naive).
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
moneyallowed:

Agreed, the terms all seem reasonable. Just disappointed they're not diversifying with black/latino characters

I think it's best they stick to the original that everyone knows and loves.

Anyway, trust Marvel when it comes to diversity with their characters. I just heard Childish Gambino will voice 'Black Spider-Man'. It's the animated series though.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
DProDG:

I think it's best they stick to the original that everyone knows and loves.

Anyway, trust Marvel when it comes to diversity with their characters. I just heard Childish Gambino will voice 'Black Spider-Man'. It's the animated series though.
Speaking for myself am not interested in seeing an hispanic spiderman.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Speaking for myself am not interested in seeing an hispanic spiderman.

Lol... I'm pretty sure no one wants to see 'Carlos' web-slinging either. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
moneyallowed:
http://www.newsarama.com/24922-spider-man-confirmed-for-captain-america-civil-war.html

The question now is will it be a cameo or a major role?
cameo I suppose
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
cameo I suppose
Yea most likely. Don't think he'll play a huge role like he did in the comics
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Marvel held an advance press screening of Ant-Man for some journalists and their twitter reactions are out. Apparently the movie doesn't suck but I wouldn't care too much for what they say; usually they play it safe so people still get out and watch the movie.
The only piece of news that interested me is that Ant-Man has not 1 but 2! post credit scenes and they're both great by all accounts. That's all i needed to hear. Looking forward to this now
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=122127

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2015
James Gunn, the director of GotG got into a Q&A on fb with some funny and enlightening results. By the way if you don't follow this guy on fb, you should he's hilarious. He laso answers pretty much anything which is unlike most of the other actors/directors on social media who go all "no comment"
Well to summarize..
He turned down a proposal for a same-sex marriage thank goodness
His favourite supehero/villain is The Joker. This was so annoying
Even more annoying he feels Batman is a better superhero than Thor. He also loves DC comics. Such a traitor
Jason Bourne over James Bond or Ethan Hunt
His favourite movie this year is Kingsman and he's most excited for Deadpool. And Punisher in Daredevil season 2
His cure for writer's block is to just keep writing
His favourite MCU movie is Iron Man
His best game of all time is Knights of the Old Republic and his best E3 game this year was Sony's Morpheus
Favourite comic book of all time : Watchmen
Favourite current tv series: Game of Thrones
For Gotg2 related stuff he answered, it will have an Awesome Mix Vol.2, he'll be adding a female member to the team, Beta Ray Bill was not in the Collector's museum, Star-Lord's dad will be revealed and Drax is not getting a cape. Oh and Star-Lord smells like faeces

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2015
Another gem from Gunn's fb page....Gotg2 title revealed!
"Yes, the official title of the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Kevin Feige recently let the title slip
while doing Ant-Man press, which I'm
really happy about because God knows
I've let more than one thing slip
accidentally while chattering away on
this FB page. Also, hats off to some intrepid fans who
figured out the title a couple of days
after I posted the cover page. More than
one person guessed "Guardians of the
Galaxy Vol. 2" - I wanted so badly to
give you props at the time, but knew I had to wait. For Kevin to mess up. Haha. PS ANT-MAN PREMIERE TONIGHT AND I
AM STOKED!"
So..Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2...i like it

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by nani667: 12:19am On Jul 02, 2015
Saw Justice League War animated movie yesterday..... Awesome stuff... Daekseid is Boss tho.... Took a whole lot to force him back to where he came from....

Wonder Woman is pretty cool too cool
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 4:52am On Jul 02, 2015
nani667:
Saw Justice League War animated movie yesterday..... Awesome stuff... Daekseid is Boss tho.... Took a whole lot to force him back to where he came from....

Wonder Woman is pretty cool too cool
Good for you, but that's a DCUAOM (DC Universe Animated Original Movie)...you're in the wrong thread.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
The Ant-man posters just won't stop coming

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkZwlIYLNBQ&app=desktop&persist_app=1&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Well Marvel has launched it's own news "fake" channel. I'm sure they'll be sending reporters to Nigeria soon, my sources tell me there's a new superhero in town. You heard it here 1st. Reporting live for WHIH....a guy can dream right?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Guys, you seriously need to start following Gunn on social media. He watched the premiere of Ant-Man yesterday and here's his sort-of-review.
"Ant-Man may just be my favorite Marvel film since Jon Favreau's Iron Man (well, maybe excluding one film to which I'm partial). Honestly, the movie is a complete blast! I was so happy after seeing it. It's never boring for a second and it's hilarious and warm throughout. It doesn't get caught up in the webbing of its own science-fiction
concept like so many movies do these days, remaining simple and elegant. It's a part of the Marvel universe without being ruled by that fact. Paul Rudd is nuanced and charming and funny and is a surprisingly natural fit as a modern
superhero (side-fact - Paul must be a nice guy, because he and I dated the same girl in college, and yet I still love him). Michael Peña KILLS IT - this movie is going to make him a huge star. My old pal Judy Greer (she was Deadly Girl to my Minute Man in The Specials (film) many moons ago) is great in a small role. And Michael Douglas is awesome. I think all of Peyton Reed's years directing have led him to making something as deft and nimble and joyous as this; he did an incredible job. And, despite Edgar Wright's parting from Marvel, his spirit is felt through the entire project, and there is no doubt
everyone owes him a huge debt of
gratitude. I left the theater incredibly happy. So often I see movies by people I love which are just okay - it's great to love a movie as much as I love the people who made it...
Congrats to the the whole Ant-Man
team. Amazing work, guys! And, for the 99.99% of the people reading this who aren't part of the Ant-Man team, go check it out when it hits theaters (in a lot of places) July 17. Have a great Tuesday."
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Just booked my ticket for Ant-Man. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Karleb(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hi people, did anyone also find Scarlet Johansson(Natasha) kissing and dating Hulk in Age of Ultron odd and kind of out of place?

I mean what's attractive about Hulk, even in person when she's got Captain America?

That was how she kissed one eary French guy like that in Lucy.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
Karleb:
Hi people, did anyone also find Scarlet Johansson(Natasha) kissing and dating Hulk in Age of Ultron odd and kind of out of place?

I mean what's attractive about Hulk, even in person when she's got Captain America?

A lot of people found their romance strange but i didn't. The other guys on the team have issues; Tony is an a***hole & he's got pepper so the most she could hope for with him is a fling. Cap is still a virgin for chrissakes! I think she's deliberately hooking him up so some other chick can break that fallow ground. Hawkeye would have been my choice but he's a family man. That leaves Hulk. You have to understand that even when dating, Natasha is strategic in her thinking; the team needs someone who can contain Hulk when needed. Betty Ross fulfilled that role in Incredible Hulk but then she went M.I.A. It just felt too convenient when the others expected her to calm the Hulk down. Black Widow is no slut but she's not above taking one for the team.
Besides which i feel she really liked him. He's smart and gentle, a combination which sets him apart. Plus he's cute, well kinda, some of the time anyway, minus the green monster part.
Please don't remind me of Lucy arrrggh!

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 2:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Karleb:

I did,
am glad we're two now
@moneyallowed
Captain America would've done a fine job of controlling the hulk
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Karleb(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I did,
am glad we're two now
@moneyallowed

Abi. Natasha and Hulk are not compatible!
They introduced 2 new Avengers, I was expecting them to give Hulk someone to contain him and Captain America/Natasha a GF/BF or at least join Natasha and Captain in holy matrimony.

I mean Natasha is just too good for that hairy man.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I did,
am glad we're two now
@moneyallowed
Now you mention it that would've awesome to see. Tony finally got the job done. If we'd gotten two epic fights in one movie though- Hulk vs Hulkbuster/ Hulk vs Cap- that's just overkill
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
moneyallowed:

Now you mention it that would've awesome to see. Tony finally got the job done. If we'd gotten two epic fights in one movie though- Hulk vs Hulkbuster/ Hulk vs Cap- that's just overkill
Captain america already sorta order him with the hulk smash command in the first avenger's movie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
I really hope my box office predictions for Ant-man comes to past.......
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CorneliusSulla8: 8:02am On Jul 05, 2015
MrDojo:
I really hope my box office predictions for Ant-man comes to past.......

Hoping it bombs abi ?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

Hoping it bombs abi ?

@ dis point its nt even possible 4 ant-man to make less dan 300M+.......and my prediction is d@ it makes 500M+....

Bt w@ to I knw.......

M so sure its nt gonna bomb @ d box office....the marvel brand is a powerful brand...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CorneliusSulla8: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2015
MrDojo:

@ dis point its nt even possible 4 ant-man to make less dan 300M+.......and my prediction is d@ it makes 500M+....

Bt w@ to I knw.......

M so sure its nt gonna bomb @ d box office....the marvel brand is a powerful brand...
One marvel film is bound to suck
My money is on antman
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

One marvel film is bound to suck
My money is on antman

One already sucks IM2..........and Thor 2.....bt dey still make good moni......

Bro antman is gonna be another GOTG.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.