Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (664182 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CorneliusSulla8: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2015
MrDojo:

One already sucks IM2..........and Thor 2.....bt dey still make good moni......

Bro antman is gonna be another GOTG.....
Forgot about those.
Marvel big head don too much
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

Forgot about those.
Marvel big head don too much

cheesy wen dey r makin serz moni y der head no go big.....
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CorneliusSulla8: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2015
MrDojo:

cheesy wen dey r makin serz moni y der head no go big.....
Just wait till batman and superman smashes all record,you wait we'll show you all
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:53am On Jul 05, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

Just wait till batman and superman smashes all record,you wait we'll show you all

Bro I dnt wnt to enta d DC vs Marvel ish...... I'm a fan of both....... Let's wait and see.... I knw d film will do well... Cuz its supes and Batman..........

Let's nt derail bro
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CorneliusSulla8: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2015
MrDojo:

Bro I dnt wnt to enta d DC vs Marvel ish...... I'm a fan of both....... Let's wait and see.... I knw d film will do well... Cuz its supes and Batman..........

Let's nt derail bro
Alright
Tbh,am just scared the critics will slam the batman v superman movie like they did man of steel which was alright in my books and DC won't make movies anymore.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
CorneliusSulla8:

Alright
Tbh,am just scared the critics will slam the batman v superman movie like they did man of steel which was alright in my books and DC won't make movies anymore.
Even if they have one or two flops,DC will be fine. The superhero brand is strong and it'll take a ton of bad movies to change perception. So rest easy bro, if they survived Green Lantern and Batman & Robin, then they can survive anything.
It's just the dc fans that'll suffer it, you know we won't be able to resist shoving it in their faces if it flops. So they better pray, hard cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luluvich(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
With the way the story is Going now in MCU, I feel that either Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson will take the mantle of captain American just like in the comics. What do you all think?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luluvich(m): 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
moneyallowed:
New Ant-Man posters
I would have preffered the original story line with Hank Pym as the antman. By the way, why did they make Tony stark the Creator of ultron and not Dr Pym?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luluvich(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
moneyallowed:
Jeremy Renner shared this pic on his twitter account. Does this mean Hawkeye will be on Cap's side in Civil War?
of course. The cast of civil war is so crazy, they should just call it The Avengers 2.5 grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luluvich(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
moneyallowed:
Marvel recently bought back the rights to Blade, Ghost Rider and The Punisher. There is talk that one of the three might feature in Season 2 of Daredevil. Who would you rather see? I'd personally like Punisher to appear. He shares many similarities with Daredevil and is the type of hard boiled hero that might survive Hell's Kitchen.
Watching season 1 again, anyone notice the sniper that took out the detective at the warehouse...could that be Bullseye? Also Foggy mentioned Matt's high school greek girlfriend...i'm thinking Elektra. Hope those two feature in season 2
Punisher has been confirmed for daredevil season 2. Gonna be acted by a walking dead alum. Can't remember his name. The sheriff's friend that wanted to kill him.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
I don't know why I keep thinking that Ant-Man will suck, but I'll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. They made me crazy for a team I had never heard (GotG - seriously I knew it would be good before I'd seen a trailer), they turned one of their not so strongest IPs into a multimillion franchise (Iron Man), even their least realised film franchise is a decent money making machine (the Thor films are still the weakest in the MCU, no one can tell me otherwise, I still enjoy the hell outta them), they turned the world's oldest virgin with a heart of gold into a BAMF with a heart of gold, who's still probably a virgin, but we still love the hell out of him (Captain America).

The thing is Marvel also have this uncanny ability of picking the right cast. How many people actively root for Loki, even though he is technically a whiny a-hole? But, Tom Hiddleston plays him to perfection. Chris Pratt is an adorable manchild, Hayley Atwell is an adorable womanchild, Clark Gregg looks like he's loving his renaissance, the other Chrises look like they're having a ball, Robert Downey Jr. is still Robert Downey Jr...etc this could go on forever.

So, I'll wait, worst case I'll see Paul Rudd with a 6 pack. Y'all don't know how weird this is for me, the guy from Clueless is the lead in a Marvel superhero movie...

5 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
Luluvich:
With the way the story is Going now in MCU, I feel that either Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson will take the mantle of captain American just like in the comics. What do you all think?
Honestly i don't know what to think. My heart says Cap is going nowhere but my head tells me Bucky will take up the mantle. It's one of the reasons i'm looking forward to Civil War, cos i don't know what will happen
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Luluvich:
I would have preffered the original story line with Hank Pym as the antman. By the way, why did they make Tony stark the Creator of ultron and not Dr Pym?
The director explained it was because they had not yet introduced Ant-man by that time. Trying to present Pym, relate him to the Avengers would have taken too much time in an already crowded movie. It made more sense to use an already established character for Ultron's origin and Stark was the best choice
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Luluvich:
Punisher has been confirmed for daredevil season 2. Gonna be acted by a walking dead alum. Can't remember his name. The sheriff's friend that wanted to kill him.
Shane! Shane Walsh was his name. I'm honestly looking forward to Daredevil season 2, more than Civil War or Dr Strange. It's crazy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by JasonWattz(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2015
Came across a post on CB recently and saw a post bout Falcon Making an appearance in Ant-Man. The tv spot was quickly removed according to them. And so I saw the 28 second tv spot and the New Falcon Suit was F*cking Badass. I think Anthony Mackie z gonna make a Breif Cameo or appear in a post credits scene Kuz there were references to the Avengers by Rudd in two tv spots so far.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2015
Am I the only one who sticks to watching only one trailer (or whichever one they show at the cinema) for the MCU? I haven't even watched the Star Wars trailer(s) on principle - I don't have the energy for George Lucas and his ongoing quest to destroy his beloved franchises. Although, some random dude told me go watch it, simply because I had a spaceship on my shirt (I was wearing Firefly's Serenity).
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
cao:
I don't know why I keep thinking that Ant-Man will suck, but I'll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt. They made me crazy for a team I had never heard (GotG - seriously I knew it would be good before I'd seen a trailer), they turned one of their not so strongest IPs into a multimillion franchise (Iron Man), even their least realised film franchise is a decent money making machine (the Thor films are still the weakest in the MCU, no one can tell me otherwise, I still enjoy the hell outta them), they turned the world's oldest virgin with a heart of gold into a BAMF with a heart of gold, who's still probably a virgin, but we still love the hell out of him (Captain America).

The thing is Marvel also have this uncanny ability of picking the right cast. How many people actively root for Loki, even though he is technically a whiny a-hole? But, Tom Hiddleston plays him to perfection. Chris Pratt is an adorable manchild, Hayley Atwell is an adorable womanchild, Clark Gregg looks like he's loving his renaissance, the other Chrises look like they're having a ball, Robert Downey Jr. is still Robert Downey Jr...etc this could go on forever.

So, I'll wait, worst case I'll see Paul Rudd with a 6 pack. Y'all don't know how weird this is for me, the guy from Clueless is the lead in a Marvel superhero movie...

Seriously, marvel is like the sh1t right now. They could turn the worst superhero (insert worst superhero here) into multi million dollar franchise.

They always seem to make the right decisions and have 2 of the best writers writing for them (whedon & the other guy).

Their heroes are just too likeable. Compared to the other one coughs DC coughs
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luluvich(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
cao:

Lol I feel your pain. I too got such a whiplash when I heard it was Paul rudd. Next thing you know, Chris Tucker would be playing tchalla's father in black panther.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by sage1000: 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
Luluvich:
Lol I feel your pain. I too got such a whiplash when I heard it was Paul rudd. Next thing you know, Chris Tucker would be playing tchalla's father in black panther.

Noooooo!!!!!! don't say things like that. It would only come true and then you'll have your self to blame
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
**Imagines Chris Tucker telling Black Panther "do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?"** **dies a new kind of death**

Anywho, Screen Junkies have hit another home run with their Iron Man Honest Trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBy-lYxiyyc

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
@cao
Am a big fan of that youtube channel.
Always looking forward to the new trailers every week am surprised they haven't done Iron man before since they have made trailers for the sequels.

Paul rudd will do well as antman
The trailers suggest its an action comedy type of movie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Elektra gets cast in Daredevil Season 2!
“After a worldwide search, we found in Elodie the perfect actress to embody both Elektra’s impressive and deadly physicality, as well as her psychological complexity,” states Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “Paired with Charlie as Matt Murdock, the two will bring one of the most beloved and tumultuous comic book relationships to life with all the accompanying sparks and spectacular action sequences the show is known for.”
Elodie Yung. That's our Elektra. I know absolutely nothing about her except that she looks -exactly!- like Elektra looks in the comics. Honestly Marvel really got this spot on, at least in looks. All we can do is hope she can act as well

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
cao:
**Imagines Chris Tucker telling Black Panther "do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?"** **dies a new kind of death**

Anywho, Screen Junkies have hit another home run with their Iron Man Honest Trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBy-lYxiyyc

Haha. Their lion king honest trailer was the most epic of them all. Although, I generally prefer CinemaSins' everything wrong with...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
I haven't seen age of ultron yet. cry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
gj22:

Haha. Their lion king honest trailer was the most epic of them all. Although, I generally prefer CinemaSins' everything wrong with...
I've literally just spent the last hour watching their MusicSin & CinemaSins videos and T-Murda's (AKA Tracee Ellis Ross) rap videos - that woman's facial expressions kills me. Plus, everytime she decodes the rappers' lyrics is just priceless.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Word is both Ant-Man post-credit scenes have leaked online, yet i can't find them. Anyone got links?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:28am On Jul 18, 2015
So, yup there were two after credits. A mid credit scene that hinted on the continuation/creation of a character. The second is about the discovery of another character.

Anywho, it wasn't bad, you can definitely feel Edgar Wright's (the former director) touch and it felt a bit more dramatic than the other MCU films. Plus, it does have its comedic moments especially when Michael Peña's character gives his succinct tips. The third act's fight scenes were brilliant - the combo of shrinking and growing was quite entertaining with some tongue in cheek moments - and absurd - who the hell shoots those with a gun, while they're in that?! We will blame it on the excuse we were given earlier...

Plus, the opening scene had one slightly weird moment - they used CGI to make an old person look younger and practical effects to age a young person older. Oh and someone makes a rather awesome cameo...

All in all, it wasn't a train wreck, maybe not as crowd pleasing as GotG, or as in your face as Iron Man, but still better than Thor*. We've gotten a bit used to Marvel giving us action and a punchline every 3.5s, but sometimes a change of pace is good. Plus, we get another strong female character in Evangaline Lilly's Hope Pym, who I hope gets more to do in the future. Oh and please...girl we need to talk about that hair, I'm not the most fashionably conscious woman, but that hair doesn't really suit your face...

*Although, some folks will probably consider A-M as the weakest MCU film. I'm not going to lie, there were times I kinda thought the film was the worst in the MCU. I felt like I was almost watching another film (maybe it's the Edgar Wright effect). I liked Paul Rudd in this and A-M could pull a Captain America 2 with his sequel/next appearance and become a hot MCU property.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2015
cao:
So, yup there were two after credits. A mid credit scene that hinted on the continuation/creation of a character. The second is about the discovery of another character.

Anywho, it wasn't bad, you can definitely feel Edgar Wright's (the former director) touch and it felt a bit more dramatic than the other MCU films. Plus, it does have its comedic moments especially when Michael Peña's character gives his succinct tips. The third act's fight scenes were brilliant - the combo of shrinking and growing was quite entertaining with some tongue in cheek moments - and absurd - who the hell shoots those with a gun, while they're in that?! We will blame it on the excuse we were given earlier...

Plus, the opening scene had one slightly weird moment - they used CGI to make an old person look younger and practical effects to age a young person older. Oh and someone makes a rather awesome cameo...

All in all, it wasn't a train wreck, maybe not as crowd pleasing as GotG, or as in your face as Iron Man, but still better than Thor*. We've gotten a bit used to Marvel giving us action and a punchline every 3.5s, but sometimes a change of pace is good. Plus, we get another strong female character in Evangaline Lilly's Hope Pym, who I hope gets more to do in the future. Oh and please...girl we need to talk about that hair, I'm not the most fashionably conscious woman, but that hair doesn't really suit your face...

*Although, some folks will probably consider A-M as the weakest MCU film. I'm not going to lie, there were times I kinda thought the film was the worst in the MCU. I felt like I was almost watching another film (maybe it's the Edgar Wright effect). I liked Paul Rudd in this and A-M could pull a Captain America 2 with his sequel/next appearance and become a hot MCU property.

Honestly, I haven't seen the movie but the it sounds like something that can only do well for cartoons. Not an actual movie. Will still see the movie tho, probably on Wednesday. I don't even know if they will show it around here.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:24am On Jul 18, 2015
cao:

Thanks for the review. I'm just relieved to hear it's not total crap. Of all the films they had lined up, this one had to most potential to suck, and if it didn't things can only get better.
Some questions though.....how was the villain? Was he as terrible as Mandarin/Whiplash/Malekith or as good as Winter Soldier/Loki?
Does Antman become Giantman in it? Is it funnier than Gotg? What makes you think we'll get a sequel?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:02am On Jul 18, 2015
moneyallowed:

Thanks for the review. I'm just relieved to hear it's not total crap. Of all the films they had lined up, this one had to most potential to suck, and if it didn't things can only get better.
Some questions though.....how was the villain? Was he as terrible as Mandarin/Whiplash/Malekith or as good as Winter Soldier/Loki?
Does Antman become Giantman in it? Is it funnier than Gotg? What makes you think we'll get a sequel?
No to Giantman. It's not funnier than GotG, but it does have funny moments. The villain wasn't as good as Loki, you could definitely say he was kinda as whiny as Loki & also shares Loki's need for approval from his father/mentor. This is MCU everybody always returns (except if you're Quicksilver)... Plus, I'm trying to keep this spoiler-free.

EDIT: Apparently, Evangaline Lilly's character is called Hope van Dyne, not Hope Pym. Actually, this makes sense since she's estranged from her father, so it makes sense that she would have taken her mother's maiden name at some point.

EDIT 2: The film is also slow to start, don't know why I forgot to say that, maybe I got it wrapped up with dramatic...

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Thanks for staying spoiler free. Last question, is it better than Age of Ultron?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
moneyallowed:
Thanks for staying spoiler free. Last question, is it better than Age of Ultron?
Nope. AoU had me at the first scene. But, A-M is on a different speed than most of the MCU films, it takes it's time to get there. It's still an enjoyable popcorn film.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.