Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (662856 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lana1(m): 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:01am On Aug 16, 2016
X

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
MJBOLT:
smiley
And both Chrises (and their characters) are American. In fact, Gal Gadot is the odd one out, she's neither Greek nor Amazonian (nor from Themyscria), she's Isreali. Hayley Atwell and her character are both British, although Atwell is also an American (paternal).

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:33am On Aug 18, 2016
http://deadline.com/2016/08/hulu-marvels-runaways-series-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-marvel-comics-1201799746/

I'm losing track on the amount of series Marvel has now,they're so many. Anyone here read the Runaways comics?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2016
moneyallowed:
http://deadline.com/2016/08/hulu-marvels-runaways-series-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-marvel-comics-1201799746/

I'm losing track on the amount of series Marvel has now,they're so many. Anyone here read the Runaways comics?

yes
u can download comics at comix4free.com
including the latest marvel event civil war II

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
yeah been following to civil war event, wanted tonknow how good the runaways comics are and whether you think it'll translate well on screen
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
moneyallowed:
yeah been following to civil war event, wanted tonknow how good the runaways comics are and whether you think it'll translate well on screen

is Steve still dead ?

cause If I remember correctly the events of civil war lead to the event of secret wars, with undercover skrull agents
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:

is Steve still dead ?

cause If I remember correctly the events of civil war lead to the event of secret wars, with undercover skrull agents

No he's not, he was apparently killed in Civil War 1, however he just got lost in time. Red Skull returned him to the present day to take over his body, he eventually defeated him sha. Steve Rogers is no longer Cap,that's Sam Wilson.Steve is still busy,even became SHIELD chief
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
moneyallowed:

No he's not, he was apparently killed in Civil War 1, however he just got lost in time. Red Skull returned him to the present day to take over his body, he eventually defeated him sha. Steve Rogers is no longer Cap,that's Sam Wilson.Steve is still busy,even became SHIELD chief
marvel is really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this story line.
did Sam Wilson take the serum ?
or he just took up the shield and declared himself the new captain?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:

marvel is really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this story line.
did Sam Wilson take the serum ?
or he just took up the shield and declared himself the new captain?

He took no serum o, just the old Sam with the telepathy with birds and the suit. Steve had aged and appointed Sam as his successor. They've all handed over now in All New ,All Different Marvel.... Thor,Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Hawkeye. New team as in new guys are wearing the titles, well except for Kamala ,she was always around but she's awesome like that

I think they're foreshadowing what will happen in the movies, these current avengers will have to hand over at some point

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
they better just reboot the whole thing a black Captain America,just dey make me laugh.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:
they better just reboot the whole thing
a black Captain America,just dey make me laugh.

They'll reboot it eventually but for now I'm enjoying Sam as Cap. He's more flexible and funnier than Steve ever was.

The whole change thing was done deliberately methinks. The minorities in America are on the rise and they're questioning why most of the superheroes are white. If they want to keep selling they have to change with the times. That's why Cap is now black, Spiderman is Latino (Miles Morales), Hulk is Asian(Amadeus Cho). Thor,Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade and Hawkeye are female(Jane Foster, Laura Kinney, Riri Williams,Fallon Gray and Kate Bishop).Not forgetting the first ever Muslim superhero, Kamala Khan, things are definitely changing in comics and it might not be a bad thing. As long as the quality of the comics don't drop I'm all for it

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
When will they put a Nigerian in the comics....I can be a good speedster smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
moneyallowed:

They'll reboot it eventually but for now I'm enjoying Sam as Cap. He's more flexible and funnier than Steve ever was.

The whole change thing was done deliberately methinks. The minorities in America are on the rise and they're questioning why most of the superheroes are white. If they want to keep selling they have to change with the times. That's why Cap is now black, Spiderman is Latino (Miles Morales), Hulk is Asian(Amadeus Cho). Thor,Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade and Hawkeye are female(Jane Foster, Laura Kinney, Riri Williams,Fallon Gray and Kate Bishop).Not forgetting the first ever Muslim superhero, Kamala Khan, things are definitely changing in comics and it might not be a bad thing. As long as the quality of the comics don't drop I'm all for it
stuff like this should occur naturally as the stories go as long and not shoehorned in to appease some social group.
you seem to be enjoying it sha
speaking for myself none of this new spin on already know characters interest me.
I go try one soon to see how far.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
moneyallowed:

iron man successor is a black female
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Shittaakeem:

iron man successor is a black female
LMAO
i just thought of the sheetstorm the ghostbuster reboot caused.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
I heard zendaya will be acting as Mary Jane in Spiderman homecoming
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CzarRex: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
MJBOLT:
I heard zendaya will be acting as Mary Jane in Spiderman homecoming
actually the character she's playing is a relative to Mary Jane not MJ herself.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by CzarRex: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
thanos

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
I hope so

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
MJBOLT:
When will they put a Nigerian in the comics....I can be a good speedster smiley grin
Actually, there was a Nigerian X-Man, abi girl/teen called Oya, but in true American fashion, her origin is a tad off - her real name's Idie Okonkwo from Cross River*...

*Looks like someone has changed the Wikipedia entry (it's been awhile since I heard about this character), I knew it was stranger than that, so went to the Marvel wikia, she's from Oyo, Delta State. Yes, you read that right. Americans would it kill you to look at a bloody map?!
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Idie_Okonkwo_(Earth-616)
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2016
CzarRex:
It's actually been recently trending that she's playing MJ & some white folks are rather salty about it. I love how they've been complaining that she's not a redhead, bearing in mind that all the white actresses' names they've been yelling for are also not redheads. Then, the comedy continued when a picture of her as a redhead was posted (I've no idea if it's 100% legit, but she looked good), then saltiness increased that it wasn't natural. Then, someone proceeded to post Scarlett Johansson & Kristen Durnst (blondes playing redheads) and Emma Stone (redhead playing blonde...although, Stone is an actual blonde, but has been playing a redhead since Superbad).

Apparently, the MJ reveal was supposed to be done in the film, but I guess someone got impatient. Sha, sha, we shall see.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by killzone(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2016
CzarRex:
guess again she's playing mj and everyone is freaking out cause she's not a red head
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
cao:

Actually, there was a Nigerian X-Man, abi girl/teen called Oya, but in true American fashion, her origin is a tad off - her real name's Idie Okonkwo from Cross River*...

*Looks like someone has changed the Wikipedia entry (it's been awhile since I heard about this character), I knew it was stranger than that, so went to the Marvel wikia, she's from Oyo, Delta State. Yes, you read that right. Americans would it kill you to look at a bloody map?!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
Err...MJBolt, I'm assuming you're just re-confirming what I just said...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
cao:
Err...MJBolt, I'm assuming you're just re-confirming what I just said...

Yeah,I thought the likes of storm and black panther were the only superheroes of African descent
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by kay9(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
cao:

grin grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 7:37am On Aug 26, 2016
killzone:
guess again she's playing mj and everyone is freaking out cause she's not a red head
I checked. Her character is named Michelle.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
Xz

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.