Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (666629 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
cao:
Moneyallowed, you see what I was saying about the acting? Alfre Woodard killed it. I also liked the quiet intensity of the actor that played Shades. Mr. Ali (I no get time to write that his name) and that his laugh, plus he did a good job with those emotional scenes (usually accompanied with a flashback). Also loved those framed shots with the crown from Biggie's potrait/poster. The music was on fire, especially how they used the live music from Harlem's Paradise to accentuate other scenes.

You nailed it. They all slayed, especially the chick that played Misty. Shades, Masherwareva, Misty's partner and Luke's mentor were all great. That Biggie shot is one of the best scenes in the MCU.
I'm surprised how popular Luke Cage is, it broke Netflix so it'll probably get a second season which I'm not to excited about, unless the rumors about season 2 being a heroes for hire team up with Iron Fist are true: that would be an improvement on this season
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 2:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Just finished binge watching Luke Cage. I'd say the series is okay, but the only reason why I'd sit and watch the whole thing is because of the Marvel tag attached to it. It could have been better.

Some personal thoughts: Luke Cage has always functioned better as a secondary character, having him in the lead can be a bit of a challenge. Kudos to the supporting cast. The story bin dey one kain though, can't really get into what I find wrong with it. Hated the villain as well, such a dumb a.ss.

Favorite characters: Misty Knight, Shades.

Is it just me or is that nurse a bit of a HO? Didn't she gbensh Mr Murdock in Daredevil? E remain small she for rape Mr Cage. That girl got a hero fetish.

Over all, not really looking forward to a season 2 of this one. It haff do.

Best Marvel/Netflix series from first to last:

- Jessica Jones

- Daredevil (Season 2 kinda sucked though, thank God for Frank Castle)

- Luke Cage

Is it possible that the much vaunted Superhero fatigue long prophesied on the small and big screens is finally upon us? Is it getting to that point where these things are starting to wear thin?

I certainly hope not.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TonySpike: 5:22am On Oct 07, 2016
waywardpikin:
Just finished binge watching Luke Cage. I'd say the series is okay, but the only reason why I'd sit and watch the whole thing is because of the Marvel tag attached to it. It could have been better.

Some personal thoughts: Luke Cage has always functioned better as a secondary character, having him in the lead can be a bit of a challenge. Kudos to the supporting cast. The story bin dey one kain though, can't really get into what I find wrong with it. Hated the villain as well, such a dumb a.ss.

Favorite characters: Misty Knight, Shades.

Is it just me or is that nurse a bit of a HO? Didn't she gbensh Mr Murdock in Daredevil? E remain small she for rape Mr Cage. That girl got a hero fetish.

Over all, not really looking forward to a season 2 of this one. It haff do.

Best Marvel/Netflix series from first to last:

- Jessica Jones

- Daredevil (Season 2 kinda sucked though, thank God for Frank Castle)

- Luke Cage

Is it possible that the much vaunted Superhero fatigue long prophesied on the small and big screens is finally upon us? Is it getting to that point where these things are starting to wear thin?

I certainly hope not.

I wanted to reply your last few sentences. I personally feel that Marvel is churning out too much movies/series. I think they are beginning to saturate this genre in some sort of way. Apart from this, the formulaic and predictable settings of their movies/series has begin to wear off. Deep down, I really think it's a Disney policy of trying to "milk the cow" while it is useful. For example, can you imagine Disney trying to remake live action "Lion King"?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:49am On Oct 07, 2016
TonySpike:

I wanted to reply your last few sentences. I personally feel that Marvel is churning out too much movies/series. I think they are beginning to saturate this genre in some sort of way. Apart from this, the formulaic and predictable settings of their movies/series has begin to wear off. Deep down, I really think it's a Disney policy of trying to "milk the cow" while it is useful. For example, can you imagine Disney trying to remake live action "Lion King"?

Lmao you're talking about superhero fatigue and you want to blame Marvel? Was it Marvel that released two critically savaged movies this year? Was it Marvel that made sure Arrow was renewed despite how horrible it has become? Or Legends of Tomorrow that no one cares about?

Fact of the matter is the only studio that keeps taking risks and trying to improve the quality of their content is Marvel. Luke Cage may not have been great, but at least it aspired to be. There's no other superhero film or series that has addressed the issue of racism and discrimination like Luke Cage. Most of the criticisms have been that it was slow and boring, people were expecting an exciting, action heavy series, not a philosophically deep one

I thought by now the DC fanboys would swallow their pride and acknowledge the truth or at last wait till they have a good movie again before resuming this argument, but it seems they're determined to keep the debate alive. The truth is right now, there is no debate, the MCU is light-years ahead of the DCEU at this point. Maybe when DC doesn't need to release an extended cut to correct the mistakes of the main movie, maybe then we can talk. Come back and argue in 2018, cos probably when the next good DC movie will be released. The Batman is the last great hope for DC, that is if you haven't chased all the viewers away by then by producing mediocre films, cos that's what will cause superhero fatigue, mediocre films
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TonySpike: 5:57am On Oct 07, 2016
moneyallowed:

Lmao you're talking about superhero fatigue and you want to blame Marvel? Was it Marvel that released two critically savaged movies this year? Was it Marvel that made sure Arrow was renewed despite how horrible it has become? Or Legends of Tomorrow that no one cares about?

Fact of the matter is the only studio that keeps taking risks and trying to improve the quality of their content is Marvel. Luke Cage may not have been great, but at least it aspired to be. There's no other superhero film or series that has addressed the issue of racism and discrimination like Luke Cage. Most of the criticisms have been that it was slow and boring, people were expecting an exciting, action heavy series, not a philosophically deep one

I thought by now the DC fanboys would swallow their pride and acknowledge the truth or at last wait till they have a good movie again before resuming this argument, but it seems they're determined to keep the debate alive. The truth is right now, there is no debate, the MCU is light-years ahead of the DCEU at this point. Maybe when DC doesn't need to release an extended cut to correct the mistakes of the main movie, maybe then we can talk. Come back and argue in 2018, cos probably when the next good DC movie will be released. The Batman is the last great hope for DC, that is if you haven't chased all the viewers away by then by producing mediocre films, cos that's what will cause superhero fatigue, mediocre films

Wow, did you have to write all that epistle? I'm really surprised at your response.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:06am On Oct 07, 2016
And about Lion King, you're wrong when you say Disney are remaking live action Lion King: Lion King was a cartoon, this will be the first Live Action Lion King. You're right when you say they're milking the cow but that's what all studios are doing. Warner Bros remade Wizard of Oz and it was shit. They're planning to remake Teen Wolf ffs. At least Disney is remaking them well. Jungle Book and Cinderella were better than the originals.

I see this when DC fans try to talk about Marvel, they bring up Disney like it's a stain or something, like we're supposed to be ashamed of Disney,i don't get it. Without Disney, the MCU wouldn't be where it is now. Disney owns Star Wars, you're telling me Star Wars fans should be ashamed of Disney? They but the property and give the owners creative freedom. That's why Star Wars and the MCU are so good. Warner Bros buys the properties and constantly interferes. If they'd left the directors of Suicide Squad and BvS alone, the movies would have been so much better
So stop trying to bring up Disney una hear? We aren't complaining
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:09am On Oct 07, 2016
TonySpike:

Wow, did you have to write all that epistle? I'm really surprised at your response.

Cos you're wrong. How on earth can you attempt to blame superhero fatigue on us? It's DC that's dragging down the superhero genre now, people are laughing at us because of Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad. We cbm fans are supposed to stick together but that doesn't mean we can't tell each other the truth. I always defend BvS when I'm talking with my friends cos the normal people don't know the difference between Marvel and DC. You guys need to get your act together
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TonySpike: 6:22am On Oct 07, 2016
moneyallowed:

Cos you're wrong. How on earth can you attempt to blame superhero fatigue on us? It's DC that's dragging down the superhero genre now, people are laughing at us because of Man of Steel, BvS and Suicide Squad. We cbm fans are supposed to stick together but that doesn't mean we can't tell each other the truth. I always defend BvS when I'm talking with my friends cos the normal people don't know the difference between Marvel and DC. You guys need to get your act together
Now, I understand your point. Well, the DC issue lies solely with Warner Bros interference. I believe they are on a learning curve, which should improve with time.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:26am On Oct 07, 2016
TonySpike:

Now, I understand your point. Well, the DC issue lies solely with Warner Bros interference. I believe they are on a learning curve, which should improve with time.

Fair enough, hope so too. Don't buy into the fatigue nonsense the media are talking about, horror films have been mediocre for a long whole but nobody is talking about horror movie fatigue. They're just jealous we're the new kid on the block in Hollywood

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
TonySpike:

You've started again abi?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2016
"Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ "Black Panther." The film, directed by Ryan Coogler ("Fruitvale Station," "Creed"wink, has also added Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, and Florence Kasumba to an all-star lineup that includes Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa, ruler of Wakanda, and Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger, plus Lupita Nyong’o as Nakia and Danai Gurira as Okoye, members of the fierce Dora Milaje.

Whitaker ("Roots," Lee Daniels’ "The Butler," "The Last King of Scotland"wink will play the role of Zuri, an elder stateman in Wakanda. Whitaker appears in this year’s "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" as fringe Rebel leader Saw Gerrera, and he’ll be seen in "The Forgiven" as famed activist Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Head of the Turth and Reconciliation Commission in post-apartheid South Africa.

Kasumba will reprise her "Captain America: Civil War" role as Ayo, a member of the Dora Milaje. Kaluuya ("Skins," "Black Mirror," "Sicario"wink will play T’Challa confidant W’Kabi. Duke ("Person of Interest"wink will appear as M’Baku, leader of a rival tribe in Wakanda."

http://marvel.com/news/movies/26832/forest_whitaker_joins_marvels_black_panther?linkId=29696956p

So that's Erik Kilmonger and M'baku confirmed as villains, with Zuri as the cool old man and Nakia, Okoye and Ayo as female bodyguards. Ayo was great in Civil War with the little screen time she got, can't wait to see more
Still no news on Shuri and Ulysses Klaw. They're too important in BP's Canon to leave out, or maybe they're saving them for part 2
Now I wish this movie was coming out next year. 2018 is too far away!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Doctor Strange ticket booked, no midnight release though, but the release did get moved forward, so we're getting it 3 days early (now the 25th of October).
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lana1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
grin grin
Someone give Moneyallowed three cartons of Orijin.
Putting DC fans in their place in a harsh but subtle way
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEJeWB3RA8
Iron Fist baby!! Best Netflix trailer yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2016
Sigourney Weaver will be the Defenders villain! Wow! Any guesses on who she'll be playing? I'm struggling to think of a chock strong enough to take on Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Luke Cage all at once
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
These people at Marvel and Netflix are just evil.

How will they release a trailer as good as that for Iron fist then make us wait till next march.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
moneyallowed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEJeWB3RA8

Iron Fist baby!! Best Netflix trailer yet
This looks sweet, nice to see the Chinese woman from Daredevil, can't remember her name, but it will be nice to see more of her again. All those Daredevil fanboys that will not let us rest complaining about the fighting in JJ & LC, they'll be happy to have another fellow who's versed in the martial arts.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
cao:

This looks sweet, nice to see the Chinese woman from Daredevil, can't remember her name, but it will be nice to see more of her again. All those Daredevil fanboys that will not let us rest complaining about the fighting in JJ & LC, they'll be happy to have another fellow who's versed in the martial arts.

To be honest tho, the fighting in JJ & LC was poor compared to DD. #DDFANBOY
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
MrDojo:

To be honest tho, the fighting in JJ & LC was poor compared to DD. #DDFANBOY
JJ was not trained by a sensei, that's what y'all fanboys need to remember. The chic was just a slacker that enjoyed a good time, who also happened to possess superhuman strength. LC was a former cop, the guy is a brawler, but he obviously can't attack with a proper closed fist, dude was literally tapping dudes or b***h-slapping them. So once y'all get over that fact, you can finally enjoy them for what they are.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
cao:

JJ was not trained by a sensei, that's what y'all fanboys need to remember. The chic was just a slacker that enjoyed a good time, who also happened to possess superhuman strength. LC was a former cop, the guy is a brawler, but he obviously can't attack with a proper closed fist, dude was literally tapping dudes or b***h-slapping them. So once y'all get over that fact, you can finally enjoy them for what they are.

grin grin IMO, they are wasting their powers big time...I like JJ and LC but they have nothing on DD, DD is way better than them ( fight-wise ), yeah we know they were not trained by anybody, but for the love of God you have Superpowers do something cool with them not some lame ass half-assed fight moves....I enjoyed all of the shows so far but if I should rank them ( DD>LC & JJ ) grin grin #DDFANBOY

P.s. I could pull off better fight moves than JJ and LC grin grin cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
MrDojo:

grin grin IMO, they are wasting their powers big time...I like JJ and LC but they have nothing on DD, DD is way better than them ( fight-wise ), yeah we know they were not trained by anybody, but for the love of God you have Superpowers do something cool with them not some lame ass half-assed fight moves....I enjoyed all of the shows so far but if I should rank them ( DD>LC & JJ ) grin grin #DDFANBOY

P.s. I could pull off better fight moves than JJ and LC grin grin cheesy
So because someone has superpowers they should automatically know how to fight the martial arts? You that you're talking, if you've had no training whatsoever you'll certainly be worse than Luke Cage, in fact, you'd probably even be worse than Jessica Jones. Get over it.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
"What type of Jean Paul Gaultier s**t is this? What are you, a pi*p stormtrooper?" - Bobby Fish on Diamondback's costume in Luke Cage.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
cao:

So because someone has superpowers they should automatically know how to fight the martial arts? You that you're talking, if you've had no training whatsoever you'll certainly be worse than Luke Cage, in fact, you'd probably even be worse than Jessica Jones. Get over it.

Nah nah nah, you don't need training to be a badass using superpowers, they made having superpowers look like a chore or should I say ordinary, If I had superpowers, I'll fuuuck people up in a badass way, not throwing or shoving niggas up and down....LC is a better fighter in the Comics same with JJ ( not sure tho, haven't read her issues in a while ).....
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TruthHurts1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
Does anyone know how on earth Marvel was able to get Spiderman from DC?
It still isn't clear to me how they pulled it off.
I know by now we're sick and tired of the constant rebooting of the Spidey franchise, but I think Marvel will do something special with him.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lana1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
The official VIDEO of MARVEL'S THE DEFENDERS onstage together at #NYCC2016 has been released online: http://comicbook.com/2016/10/10/marvel-the-defenders-onstage-nycc-video/

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
MrDojo:

Nah nah nah, you don't need training to be a badass using superpowers, they made having superpowers look like a chore or should I say ordinary, If I had superpowers, I'll fuuuck people up in a badass way, not throwing or shoving niggas up and down....LC is a better fighter in the Comics same with JJ ( not sure tho, haven't read her issues in a while ).....
Riddle me this, say you have superhuman strength, will this help you in executing a spectacular roundhouse kick, even though you've never actually properly executed one before? Would you still look like a badass? Nope. You'd look silly, even if you successfully knocked out your opponent with your silly looking roundhouse kick. Your rival would be down, but you wouldn't look like a proper BAMF.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
TruthHurts1:
I know by now we're sick and tired of the constant rebooting of the Spidey franchise, but I think Marvel will do something special with him.
Err...my guy, abeg look again...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
Lana1:
The official VIDEO of MARVEL'S THE DEFENDERS onstage together at #NYCC2016 has been released online: http://comicbook.com/2016/10/10/marvel-the-defenders-onstage-nycc-video/
I think say the punisher follow join this defender group.
Maybe his lonewolf style no fit work for group stuff.
I hope dey bring back the kingpin too.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
cao:

Riddle me this, say you have superhuman strength, will this help you in executing a spectacular roundhouse kick, even though you've never actually properly executed one before? Would you still look like a badass? Nope. You'd look silly, even if you successfully knocked out your opponent with your silly looking roundhouse kick. Your rival would be down, but you wouldn't look like a proper BAMF.

Its not until I do a round house kick before am BAMF na, there are a lot of basic sh!t I can do that will look good with LC's or JJ's super strength..( Jabs, Epic upper cuts, kicks, etc ). I know you like JJ a lot but let's be honest, she and LC made having super-powers kinda "Boring".

Just look at the hulk no training no nothing but my Nigga will mess you up ( I'm not comparing them )

P.s. I've confidence in my round house kick ( whether you believe me its another thing entirely )
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Hehehe cheesy.... I'm sure u did it on purpose

cheesy cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TruthHurts1(m): 10:18am On Oct 11, 2016
cao:

Err...my guy, abeg look again...

My apologies for the goof, cao and mrdojo.

The thing is at one point in the late 1990s and early 2000s, the only people who were making money from Superhero movies was DC and that was due mainly to Superman and Batman.

Marvel was limited to comic books, Saturday morning cartoons and the occasional video game. They were actually broke and had to sell off a lot of their assets like The Fantastic Four, X-Men and yes,Spiderman.

That is why none of the Spiderman movies made in the last 10 years (The ones with Toby Macgwire and Andy Garfield) are included in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). If they had been included, then Iron Man 1 (2008) would not be considered as the FIRST MCU movie, yet everyone agrees that it was.

I made the mistake of thinking DC had upstaged Marvel to obtain the rights to Spiderman. My bad. It was actually Sony Entertainment who bought and still own the rights to Spiderman. Marvel was only able to reach a deal for the use of Spiderman in Captain America Civil War after a long round of negotiations and bargaining with Sony and they were actually motivated by the fear that Sony would sell to DC if they didn't buy back Spidey.
That is why the new and rebooted Spiderman movie of next year is called "Homecoming". Marvel is celebrating the fact that they have got Spiderman back.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.