Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? (4590 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / This Guy Predicted Barca & PSG Match On Facebook (Pictures) / See How Fans Showed Support For Juventus And Barca ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

exactly, even with mikel barca might still win.
This chelsea side dont scare me at all.
They couldnt beat 10 man psg, yet they are boasting that the can beat this new barca which i even refer to as the most tactically versatile team in the world together with bayern
thats d way u always talk. The barca team that 10 man chelsea without a coach beat was a team that set a record of winning six trophies in a year. It had a messi dat went on to win the ballon d'or dat yr, an iniesta dat won d uefa best player and a xavi. A team dat was considered the best ever in club football.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
Greatihex:
una knw say mikel good like dis, yet una go dy cast am. Well, all dis ones wey una dy talk na analysis frm wat u tink lukin frm d players they hv and d style of play. All dis do change wen dis kind of matches are played. Maybe, that day u wl b surprised to c matic playing d way mikel wl play. Or zouma maybe played instead. This is y clubs hv diff. Players wt diff. Style and profile.

That is why it is called analysis. You check the most likely option. At the end football can sway different ways.

For instance, If I am to pick who will win between a team coached by Guardiola or a team coached by Mourinho to win a clash.

I will pick Guardiola because his style looks more efficient to produce a win against a Mourinho coached team.

That does not mean Guardiola will win all the games or is guaranteed to winthat game. But, most likely to win.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
dicksj93:
yea u may be ryt abt dz present side buh certainly dz present side can defeat barcelona
i like dis
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That is why it is called analysis. You check the most likely option. At the end football can sway different ways.

For instance, If I am to pick who will win between a team coached by Guardiola or a team coached by Mourinho to win a clash.

I will pick Guardiola because his style looks more efficient to produce a win against a Mourinho coached team.

That does not mean Guardiola will win all the games or is guaranteed to winthat game. But, most likely to win.
dnt forget that evry1 has his own analysis. Another person cn analyse it in a way that mou's team wl b likely to win.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
Greatihex:
dnt forget that evry1 has his own analysis. Another person cn analyse it in a way that mou's team wl b likely to win.

I will like to read that analysis. Mourinho has lost more games to Guardiola, Mourinho teams have been outplayed more times by teams coached by Guardiola.

If Guardiola and Mourinho bring their teams to play each other for ten games, Guardiola will win more.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Greatihex:
thats d way u always talk. The barca team that 10 man chelsea without a coach beat was a team that set a record of winning six trophies in a year. It had a messi dat went on to win the ballon d'or dat yr, an iniesta dat won d uefa best player and a xavi. A team dat was considered the best ever in club football.
this barca is quite different, it utilizes messi as a playmaker to accomodate suarez and neymar.
Rakitic has speed and accurate passes and is the best midfielder in the world, thegoodjoe even testified to this
This barca can beat chelsea even in stamford bridge.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I will like to read that analysis. Mourinho has lost more games to Guardiola, Mourinho teams have been outplayed more times by teams coached by Guardiola.

If Guardiola and Mourinho bring their teams to play each other for ten games, Guardiola will win more.
dats d way u analyze. Why dnt u analyze it in the sense that, mou is a person that knw hw to analyze a defeat nd kn wat caused hm to lose. He hardly lose to a team twice in a season. This is due to his ability to read d game perfectly and knw where d defects were and fix it. That mou wl win less when he plays 10 times against pep is a prediction made frm past records which do nt count in a match. Like mou wl always say, evry game is diff, you dnt judge wat wl happen in a match wt wat happened in d previous one. Tottenham beat chelsea 5 -3 in the league b4 dia nxt meeting in the carling cup final, yet chelsea beat them 2 - 0 in d match. Arsenal has beaten man U in the FA cup, u dnt knw if arsenal may start beating them frm dia onwards.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by FemaFem: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

this barca is quite different, it utilizes messi as a playmaker to accomodate suarez and neymar.
Rakitic has speed and accurate passes and is the best midfielder in the world, thegoodjoe even testified to this
my friend, just keep deceiving yourself, this barca will beat chelsea? Hell no they can't. They have d chance in 2012 when they called them The greatest football club ever but they didn't utilise that chance. Am sayin it again this indomie barca cannot and will not beat chelsea.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by Greatihex(m): 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

yes. And this chelsea cn also beat barca even at camp nou.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
FemaFem:
my friend, just keep deceiving yourself, this barca will beat chelsea? Hell no they can't. They have d chance in 2012 when they called them The greatest football club ever but they didn't utilise that chance. Am sayin it again this indomie barca cannot and will not beat chelsea.
keep talking crap.
You couldnt even beat 10 man psg.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

ask thegoodjoe ask thegoodjoe ..is he ur mouthpiece?or u want him to cum tel u dah rakitic is a better midfielder than xavi at his peak....we v faced dem al ...ronaldinho's era at its peak ...messi's era in its peak..WE V FACED THEM ALL..and WE WON AGAINST THEM ALL
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

keep talking crap.
You couldnt even beat 10 man psg.
and did u beat 10 man chelsea @camp nou?
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
dicksj93:
and did u beat 10 man chelsea @camp nou?
you couldnt beat 10 man barca in 2009 at stamford bridge.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

wonders shall never end..kikiki wait wait o ..u mean d match u played with 12 men against our 11 for most part of d match...even d fouls,dogs,goats know about d match...n d all know u never played with 10 men...nah u never did
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
dicksj93:
ask thegoodjoe ask thegoodjoe ..is he ur mouthpiece?or u want him to cum tel u dah rakitic is a better midfielder than xavi at his peak....we v faced dem al ...ronaldinho's era at its peak ...messi's era in its peak..WE V FACED THEM ALL..and WE WON AGAINST THEM ALL
youngman, the reason i involve him is because of his well articulated opinions on football matters not sentimental opinions.
And even if i mention him, is it ur business? well bad belle is allowed under GEJ govt

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
dicksj93:
wonders shall never end..kikiki wait wait o ..u mean d match u played with 12 men against our 11 for most part of d match...even d fouls,dogs,goats know about d match...n d all know u never played with 10 men...nah u never did
u see my point?
You guys always forget barca knocked u guys out with an abidal red card so stop spewing craploads here.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

wonders shall never end..kikiki wait wait o ..u mean d match u played with 12 men against our 11 for most part of d match...even d fowls,dogs,goats know about d match...n d all know u never played with 10 men...nah u never did
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

youngman, the reason i involve him is because of his well articulated opinions on football matters not sentimental opinions.
And even if i mention him, is it ur business? well bad belle is allowed under GEJ govt
old man ,and u think his or ur own articulated opinion is dah a rakitic-bossed midfield is bera dan a xavi-bossed midfield..
U can only be high on hypo to buy dat

And just so u know... modric is beta dan rakitic
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2015
dicksj93:
old man ,and u think his or ur own articulated opinion is dah a rakitic-bossed midfield is bera dan a xavi-bossed midfield..
we shall see at the end of the season
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:

Actually, ClintonNzedimma and I do not agree on a lot of things. Do not think he involved me because he thinks I will support his view. He invited me because he knows I will give an unbiased opinion.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:

Rakitic have started more games than Xavi. No one doubts Xavi's class but at the Enrique prefers his team penetrating his opponents defence with pace. Very few defensive midfielders have this quality. How many defensive mid fielders get into the box and are one on one with the keeper.

Xavi's era is over and Rakitic looks like the right man for the job. He defends better than Xavi and his penetrating runs are up there with the best.

In this Enrique's system, Rakitic is clearly the better player.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:24am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:

Why are you guys deviating from ClintonNzedimma point. Simple, he says this Chelsea team, can not beat this present Barca team.

Talking about 2009 or any other time is ridiculous. It does not prove this Chelsea team can beat Barca.

Home and away, Chelsea was outplayed by PSG with Courtois putting in some brilliant saves to reduce the margin. A ten man Man City and PSG outplayed this side. How can you expect this side to outplay Barca?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:

As I said before, it is a case of Preference. If Modric was in this Barca side, he will never bench Rakitic because he cannot make the pacy runs Rakitic's makes.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:31am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:

Look at this quote, do you think Modric or Xavi can bring such quality to this Barca side?
###
That’s partly thanks to the ever-improving Ivan Rakitic, who, bar Messi, was the stand-out performer in Barcelona’s 4-0 thumping of Deportivo de la Coruna.

The Croatian drives forward with gusto, allowing Iniesta to drop back or flit around freely, instead of trying to force the Spaniard to play at a tempo that doesn’t suit him particularly well.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 1:28am On Mar 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Why are you guys deviating from ClintonNzedimma point. Simple, he says this Chelsea team, can not beat this present Barca team.

Talking about 2009 or any other time is ridiculous. It does not prove this Chelsea team can beat Barca.

Home and away, Chelsea was outplayed by PSG with Courtois putting in some brilliant saves to reduce the margin. A ten man Man City and PSG outplayed this side. How can you expect this side to outplay Barca?
hahaha am I surprised.?....NO! Av always known u to be biased ...well,scroll up a bit n tell me who deviated
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 1:35am On Mar 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Rakitic have started more games than Xavi. No one doubts Xavi's class but at the Enrique prefers his team penetrating his opponents defence with pace. Very few defensive midfielders have this quality. How many defensive mid fielders get into the box and are one on one with the keeper.

Xavi's era is over and Rakitic looks like the right man for the job. He defends better than Xavi and his penetrating runs are up there with the best.

In this Enrique's system, Rakitic is clearly the better player.
rakitic is no defensive midfielder
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 1:43am On Mar 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Look at this quote, do you think Modric or Xavi can bring such quality to this Barca side?
###
That’s partly thanks to the ever-improving Ivan Rakitic, who, bar Messi, was the stand-out performer in Barcelona’s 4-0 thumping of Deportivo de la Coruna.

The Croatian drives forward with gusto, allowing Iniesta to drop back or flit around freely, instead of trying to force the Spaniard to play at a tempo that doesn’t suit him particularly well.

ogbeni rakitic ain't no match for xavi not even modric....dia ain't any need telling me wah he did against deportivo cuz if ah list out dah of xavi or modric...nairaland no go do.
And to answer u ...NO, I don't think d will offer such quality.... I know d will offer more quality
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by dicksj93: 1:46am On Mar 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

and did man city beat chelsea dz season...
read well
...its defeat not outplay.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:19am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:
and did man city beat chelsea dz season...
read well
...its defeat not outplay.

This Chelsea side cannot defeat Barca when they get outplayed by a side that is a man down. It is not logical.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:
ogbeni rakitic ain't no match for xavi not even modric....dia ain't any need telling me wah he did against deportivo cuz if ah list out dah of xavi or modric...nairaland no go do.
And to answer u ...NO, I don't think d will offer such quality.... I know d will offer more quality

Then what are we debating. Xavi and Modric can not offer penetrating runs, that alone will explain to you why Xavi and Modric will be on the bench for Rakitic in an Enrique side.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:
rakitic is no defensive midfielder

[b]Central midfielder who does a defensive role when Barca are not with the ball. When his side wins the ball, he makes penetrative runs. With Iniesta in the side, Busquets will be exposed and out numbered in the midfield. Rakitic's pacy runs even when Barca losses the ball enables Barca .

###
For Barca, he has usually played on the left of a midfield three, but he can also play in the defensive midfield role.

He has featured in 25 of the Catalans’ 27 league matches and started all but their first Uefa Champions League game.

Playing deeper than he did at Sevilla, his goals have been sacrificed (though he has still registered more shots than any player outside the attackers) and he has made eight assists to the heralded strikers ahead of him.
http://m.thenational.ae/sport/football/ivan-rakitic-has-emerged-as-the-workhorse-in-barcelonas-midfield
###

So the work rate Rakitic brings to the midfield is what makes Barca thick. Modric can bring in the defensive work rate but he can not bring in the pacy runs. That is why Rakitic will get picked.[/b]
Re: What Are The Chances Of Man City Eliminating Barca In UCL? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31am On Mar 22, 2015
dicksj93:
hahaha am I surprised.?....NO! Av always known u to be biased ...well,scroll up a bit n tell me who deviated

When have I been biased? That is not my way.

By the way, I am neither a Chelsea fan nor a Barca fan. I will clearly have an unbiased view here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Over 50k Every Week With Jxt 2k With My Superb And Best 2+ Odds Daily / Jesse Lingard Tests Positive For COVID-19 / John Mikel Obi's Houses In Nigeria And Their Locations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.