Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega (17763 Views)

Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply / It Will Be Irresponsible Of Me To Resign -jega / Nobody Has Asked Me To Resign – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by robosky02(m): 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
Amid widespread agitation for him to quite office, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, on Monday dismissed speculations that he is under pressure to resign, insisting that such move would be a disservice to Nigerians.

Jega, who also said he is not under any pressure to resign during a town hall meeting in Abuja, said the electoral body was focused on ensuring that the forthcoming general elections conform to acceptable standards.

While asserting that he has got a job to do “and it would be a disservice to Nigerians for me to resign,” he said, “I am not under any pressure. I have absolutely no reason why I should resign because everybody in INEC is focused on the election that we have to conduct for this country.

“There have been all sorts of demands either on my resignation or even my removal but nobody has told me that I have been removed and as far as I am concerned, I have a lot to do and I have to focus on that,” he noted.

Speaking about the issue of the Young Democratic Party, YDP, which has recently been calling on INEC to either reprint ballot papers or postpone the election in order to enable its presidential candidate participate, Jega insisted that he believes the Commission has been fair to the party.

“YDP wanted to be registered as a political party but we did not register them because we have sufficient legal grounds not to do so.
“So they went to the court to get a judgment that they are due to be registered and we have already instructed our lawyer to appeal that judgment and the officials of the party went around evidently organising press conferences to say that the court said we should put them on the ballot.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/16/it-would-be-disservice-to-nigerians-for-me-to-resign-jega/

6 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by eleko1: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
Jona will Go b4 JEGA complete his tenure in office.Only useless group are protesting against JEGA

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by robosky02(m): 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
eleko1:
Jona will Go b4 JEGA complete his tenure in office.Only useless group are protesting against JEGA

Jona lives on till 2015

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
U dey mind OPC my kinsmen? Kudi must hav changed hands.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by robosky02(m): 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
whats your take should he go or stay?
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by OkuDiOver1(f): 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Fair and credible election is all I want

2 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by bewla(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
Try it and c the hand of poor people on u

2 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by robosky02(m): 5:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
Fair and credible election is all I want

2 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by robosky02(m): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
bewla:
Try it and c the hand of poor people on u

hope its not tunisian case
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by bewla(m): 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
robosky02:

hope its not tunisian case
Am sure nija own a po
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by eleko1: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
Dollars actually changed hands.Is it not the stewpid Gani Adams that called Fasheun names on the same issue about 2 yrs ago??
StealthIdeals:
U dey mind OPC my kinsmen? Kudi must hav changed hands.
THiEVES sad angry sad USELESS Pipu

3 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by bjolodo99: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
do they no what they are say or ......... no jega as chairman no election chikena
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by bjolodo99: 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
do they no what they are saying or ......... no jega as chairman no election chikena

1 Like

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
eleko1:
Dollars actually changed hands.Is it not the stewpid Gani Adams that called Fasheun names on the same issue about 2 yrs ago??THiEVES sad angry sad USELESS Pipu
And these are the pple we rely on if civil war breaks out ...these goons wil certainly fight for their pockets. Socio-cultural organizations, like Obaship institution, should distance themselves from politics.

4 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by eleko1: 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gone are those days,the present one now are fighting for their respective pocket.Bunch of thieves
StealthIdeals:
And these are the pple we rely on if civil war breaks out ...these goons wil certainly fight for their pockets. Socio-cultural organizations, like Obaship institution, should distance themselves from politics.
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by peleson: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
Millions of PVC voters card are still being distributed to states especially Southern states n Jega said he was ready for elections...so only the north nigeria would v voted! technically rigging the election for buhari!
Jega must Go afterall someone was sacked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by CR77(f): 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Oga Jega your cup don full oo

#YouMustGo

4 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by naijainfogalery: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
one annoying thing about this election, Its so annoying that its now the main people acting like the opposition. what are they scared of?

prostesting everywhere over the use of the verification machine SMH

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by CaptainAmerica1: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Well done sir. We are behind you.

Forget about those hungry and confused MASSOB folks

6 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by iceberylin(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
;Deehhhhhyahhhh cheesy cheesy angry
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by LewisO: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
[size=14pt]Let's keep watching! [/size]

1 Like

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by Smartjeezy(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Jega is going nowhere...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by angrybird007: 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ride on JEGA!
As a yoruba i must state no yoruba will respect those OPC.
Here we know them as looters and rapist.
That man gej is truly CLUELESS

5 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by kobkid: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hmnnn

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by boman2014: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Jega is the best thing that has happen to INEC.

if ( PDP) you dont like it, go hug "Transformer"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by Mogidi: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015

2 Likes

Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by mrborntodoit: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Jega,don't die on the post!

Retire diligently so you can enjoy your old age in peace!!

Why is it that these old people find it hard to allow the upcoming generation to work ?

Must they die in high places ?

No wonder the high rate of employment since the old folks keep swearing affidavits to reduce their age just to remain in active service grin
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by MKO4ever(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
SAI JEGA!!!
Re: It Would Be Disservice To Nigerians For Me To Resign – Jega by bonechamberlain(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
just make sure the election is fair without any bias. because any outcome after the election could either make or mar u and even this useless country Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Has No Female Housemaid - SEAIL / Fayemi Reacts To Vote Of No Confidence By Reps Channels Television / PDP Needs Strong Candidate To Defeat Buhari, Says Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.