Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Unwelcome Visitors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unwelcome Visitors (403 Views)

Sleep Paralysis, Night Terrors, Night Visitors, Nightmares And Sex In Dreams / Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing / 2015 Prophecies For Nairaland Members & Nairaland Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unwelcome Visitors by inyavicsage(m): 6:13am On Mar 17, 2015
By Bill Crowder
James 1:2-12

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. —James 1:2-3

Recently my wife, Marlene, and I received a panicky phone call from our son and his wife. The night before, they had found two bats in their house. I know bats are an important part of the ecosystem, but they are not my favorite among God’s creatures, especially when they are flying around inside.

Yet Marlene and I were thankful we could go over to our kids’ house and help. We helped them to plug the holes that might have been used by these unwelcome visitors to enter their house.

Another unwelcome visitor that often intrudes into our lives is suffering. When trials come, we can easily panic or lose heart. But these difficult circumstances can become the instruments our loving heavenly Father uses to make us more like Christ. That’s why James wrote, “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work” (James 1:2-4).

We are not expected to enjoy trials or to celebrate suffering. But when these unwelcome visitors arrive, we can look for God’s hand in them and trust that He can use them to make us more like His Son.

Thank You, Father, that You give to us each day what You know is best. We’re thankful that we can trust Your heart, which is kind beyond all measure.

Trials may visit us, but our God is always with us.

Insight:
The epistle of James, one of the earliest New Testament writings (AD 44–47), was believed to be written by James, a half-brother of Jesus (Matt. 13:55). James didn’t believe Jesus was the Messiah until Jesus appeared to him after His resurrection (John 7:5; 1 Cor. 15:7). Eventually becoming a key leader of the church in Jerusalem (Gal. 2:9), James wrote this letter to encourage Jewish Christians dispersed by persecution and undergoing severe hardships to persevere and remain steadfast in the Lord (v. 12).

Source: http://odb.org/2015/03/17/unwelcome-visitors/

(1) (Reply)

Go To Church With Your Brains / Evang. Reinhard Bonnke Prayer For Nigeria Towards The Election / Let Us Pray.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.