Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo (563 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo / Obasanjo On Boko Haram: They Have Legitimate Grievances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo by Adenugay(m): 9:59am On Mar 17, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-rAHXimSAHV0/VQfJvKo4FnI/AAAAAAABj-E/BNgETLOBbK8/s1600/Capture-Optimized.PNG[/img]

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo believes that the Boko Haram sect has legitimate grievances. And he said this in a new interview with IBTimes UK.

In the interview with IBTimes UK on the sidelines of the Global Education Forum conference in Dubai, Obasanjo said that while 79% of Nigerians received education in the south west of the country and 77% in the south east, in the Boko Haram stronghold of the north east that figure was just 19%.

"We don't need [anyone] to tell [us] that that is a problem. A problem of disparity, a
problem of marginalisation. A problem because education is fundamental to your employability, to your living conditions. If you are not educated you are handicapped," he said.

Recommending a carrot-and-stick approach and adding that the heat that the sect is facing from the military at the moment could force it to dialogue with the government, Obasanjo criticized the current administration of President Goodluck Jonathan for failing to act fast enough in taking the fight to Boko Haram. That failure, he said, had given the group confidence to spread to neighbouring Chad and Cameroon.

"The response of the government initially was definitely not enough. When Boko Haram started showing their fangs about four years ago the reaction should have been firm and unmistakable. We have lost ground.

"If Boko Haram is ready to talk, [we should talk]. But by the time they are ready to talk they will need to be pounded a little bit militarily: at that stage they will be ready to talk.

Watch the interview below:

Read more>>> http://www.justyouchat.com/boko-haram-has-legitimate-grievances-obasanjo/
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:51am On Mar 17, 2015
OBJ: the government shld use brute force against the insurgents since it has already wasted time in watching them grow stronger.

GEJ: baba doesn't know what he is saying. I will never us force against boko haram because they are my brothers. I will never kill my brothers.

FAST FORWARD to present: one will see how clueless the latter is.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo by ulster: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2015
space booked
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo by agileson: 11:09am On Mar 17, 2015
Obj is a fool. The boko haram problem started during his administration. I think that's when they even killed their leader yusuf. Fact is reforming almajiri schools is the best way to help them and that's what GEJ is doing. Oya OBJ tell us, how many schools did u build or reform for them?

There is no word in the dictionary for how useless this obo(monkey) is. While exleaders usually gracefully transition into wise elders, this national disgrace keeps acting like a trainee motor park tout cos if i call him a professional tout, they (touts) well be mad at me.

He's not even ashamed to show his face after the public undressing his daughter Iyabo gave him. Shame

(1) (Reply)

How PDP Campaign Would Have Be If GMB is Not APC Candidate / Ah! Jonathan Pull Over, PDP Pull Over! Now! Buhari Take Over! APC Takeover / Former Akwa Ibom State Deputy Speaker Dies During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.