Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials (463 Views)

High-profile Govt Officials Run Away From Assets Verification, CCB Laments / N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Buhari Orders Keyamo To Step Down From Prosecuting Timipre Sylva - Breakingtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials by ameristu: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2015
The most interesting aspect of his agenda, however, had not been any overt attempt to claim a right to continue in office but rather the forthright and unprecedented declaration of war against corrupt public officials. Making this the centerpiece of his second term, Obaanjo has overseen the most far-fetching indictment of senior public officials ever witnessed in Nigeria. This has led to such high profile actions as the arrest, trial and conviction of the inspector general of police (the nation’s number one cop), and even more dramatically (and relevant to the discussion of political objectives) the arrest in London of Chief D.S.P Alamieyeseigha, the governor of Bayelsa who comes from Obasanjo’s ruling party.
The governor’s subsequent impeachment after he jumped bail in the UK. Disguised as a woman and returned to Nigeria to try to continue in office under the constitutional clause that granted him immunity from prosecution, has been blamed on Obasanjo's personal anger with him, but this has also served to convince many doubters that the president is serious about making the anti-corruption drive a major factor in the remaining period of his tenure. The undoubtedly foolhardy actions of Alamieyeseigha, a governor of one of the oil-rich Niger Delta states, appear to have been encouraged by his belief that his people would rally around him once he declared himself a victim of Obasanjo’s personal ambition.
Obasanjo installed anti-corruption agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), headed by Nuhu Ribadu, a no-nonsense police officer
Re: We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials by 0nyegame(m): 11:32am On Mar 17, 2015
Its true!!!
Re: We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials by jamislaw(m): 11:37am On Mar 17, 2015
Because even the efcc chairman is corrupt, FTC I dedicate this moment to my wife to be. One more thing don't forget to vote change............. This is our time to chase out clueless pej and gej. Shikena.
Re: We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials by jamislaw(m): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2015
0nyegame:
Its true!!!
guy u don spoil my FTC
Re: We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials by 0nyegame(m): 11:47am On Mar 17, 2015
jamislaw:
guy u don spoil my FTC
Sorry o....i no know say u dey target FTC tins
Re: We Don't Hear About EFCC These Days Prosecuting High Profile Govt. Officials by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
Even the deaf will tell you how he could hear EFCC's buzzing cacophony in the near past. The organisation is largely dormant today simply because it has partly been stifled by the present government. It recently moaned its inability to pursue cases. No sufficient funds to do so.
However, I think the greater reason for its underperformance rests with the present administration's refusal to employ it for vengeful purposes. This Obj did successfully together with an extensive bogus distorted media coverage. This won applause from those who saw only the surface. But Obj's departure from office and history's power of revelation have worked cooperatively to pull off the worms that government sat deceitfully upon.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read. See What Buhari Did. / APC Plans To Announce Fake Election Result –PDP / Must Read!!! Election In Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.