Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? (3495 Views)

A Big School In Porthacourt Is In Need Of Teachers / Trustbondgroup Test Invite 2016, PORTHACOURT Rivers. / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Sunnypar(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
I have been selected by a company(they produce fruit drinks) after their rigorous recruitment exercise to be in their finance department and I have been asked to choose either Onitsha or Porthacourt.
Please, matured counsel.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by kudusangel(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hi dear. Your information is not complete. As u did not state what d company is into and d position they offered u. Please answer the above to get constructive advise. Meanwhile congrats on your new Job. Cheers
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Wendy80(f): 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Sunnypar:
I have been selected by a company(they produce fruit drinks) after their rigorous recruitment exercise to be in their finance department and I have been asked to choose either Onitsha or Porthacourt.
Please, matured counsel.
Where are u based currently? Look at your salary then Consider cost of living in the two towns. PH is more expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Sunnypar(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Lagos
Wendy80:

Where are u based currently? Look at your salary then Consider cost of living in the two towns. PH is more expensive.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
I will choose ph

Where are you from?
Can u communicate efficiently in ibo?
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by ITbomb(m): 6:58am On Mar 18, 2015
Depending on the area where your company is and where you find accommodation, pH hold ups can make you hate the town.

If you want to close for work at 5 and reach home by 5.30, choose Onitsha. If you don't mind reaching by 8 go to ph
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by stunningjudy(f): 7:49am On Mar 18, 2015
PH is expensive from accommodation to food. I'm very sure u will wantnto save, so calculate how much u will spend on ur basic needs and if its too much simply take Onitsha + ph traffic isn't funny.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by italo: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Onitsha is an unliveable city.

Go to PH jare.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by adymobs(f): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ph has more opportunities, though expensive, in case u still want to look for better jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
adymobs:
Ph has more opportunities, though expensive, in case u still want to look for better jobs.
Very true. Onitsha is one big slum, dry and boring but cheaper than PH. Weigh your options carefully.
PH: Lively, more opportunities but expensive
Osha: Rough, boring, no opportunities, cheaper (but not cheap either)
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by steppin: 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

Very true. Onitsha is one big slum, dry and boring but cheaper than PH. Weigh your options carefully.
PH: Lively, more opportunities but expensive
Osha: Rough, boring, no opportunities, cheaper (but not cheap either)
Do you even know the meaning of slum?

3 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
steppin:

Do you even know the meaning of slum?
It means Onitsha and your God damned village.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by steppin: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

It means Onitsha and your God damned village.
I can bet my last dime you've never set foot in Onitsha.
Mumu! Posting with sentiments!

12 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yes, he should. Anything he should know.
chidyhels:
I will choose ph

Where are you from?
Can u communicate efficiently in ibo?
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yes, he will definately save because he wants to buy motor, start a business(sometime soon) and build a house.
stunningjudy:
PH is expensive from accommodation to food. I'm very sure u will wantnto save, so calculate how much u will spend on ur basic needs and if its too much simply take Onitsha + ph traffic isn't funny.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
steppin:

I can bet my last dime you've never set foot in Onitsha.
Mumu! Posting with sentiments!
I'm sure you're too broke to even place a bet. I insist (for the benefit of OP) Onitsha is a slum right from the collapsing Niger bridge to Upper Iweka to Obosi (Owerri road), Awka road nko? Slums all slums. No street beautifications, pitch dark at night. I can go on and on. I forgot to mention the so called biggest market in Africa (main market), don't even go there if it rains. Major means of transport in that town is okada -Bros, you can't flag a taxi because there's non. Shall I continue?

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
I think we should not attack ourselves. However, you should state your own reason you think the Op should choose Porthacourt.
naijamark:

I'm sure you're too broke to even place a bet. I insist (for the benefit of OP) Onitsha is a slum right from the collapsing Niger bridge to Upper Iweka to Obosi (Owerri road), Awka road nko? Slums all slums. No street beautifications, pitch dark at night. I can go on and on.

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Valid point.
adymobs:
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by steppin: 5:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

I'm sure you're too broke to even place a bet. I insist (for the benefit of OP) Onitsha is a slum right from the collapsing Niger bridge to Upper Iweka to Obosi (Owerri road), Awka road nko? Slums all slums. No street beautifications, pitch dark at night. I can go on and on.
Everybody is not a brokeass nigger like you. Naming all the popular places in Onitsha doesn't mean you've been there. It simply means you're trying too hard.
Like I said earlier, you need to stop using Michael West dictionary and use something better, cos you don't know what slum means.

12 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
steppin:

Everybody is not a brokeass nigger like you. Naming all the popular places in Onitsha doesn't mean you've been there. It simply means you're trying too hard.
Like I said earlier, you need to stop using Michael West dictionary and use something better, cos you don't know what slum means.
Of what importance is Onitsha to a man's life cheesycheesy everyone there dreams of going to Lagos, PH or Abuja.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by steppin: 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

Of what importance is Onitsha to a man's life cheesycheesy everyone there dreams of going to Lagos, PH or Abuja.
That's not the bone of contention here. Lagos, PH or Abuja are mega cities. I agree with that. But saying that Onitsha is a slum...nah, I disagree.
It a small place, but not a slum.
Lagos is even dirtier and slummier(if there's any word like that) than Onitsha except for some places meant for the rich folks.

7 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
steppin:

That's not the bone of contention here. Lagos, PH or Abuja are mega cities. I agree with that. But saying that Onitsha is a slum...nah, I disagree.
It a small place, but not a slum.
Lagos is even dirtier and slummier(if there's any word like that) than Onitsha except for some places meant for the rich folks.
OP please beware of people like @steppin who would not stay in Onitsha if provided with alternatives. By the way, I just checked my dictionary for the word "slum", what I got is this "Slum: a city south east of Nigeria with no taxi, no night life and no street beautification, whose only means of city shuttle are okadas and garage cars; where there is no water from utilities except that bought per keg from privately dug boreholes.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Noneroone(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

I'm sure you're too broke to even place a bet. I insist (for the benefit of OP) Onitsha is a slum right from the collapsing Niger bridge to Upper Iweka to Obosi (Owerri road), Awka road nko? Slums all slums. No street beautifications, pitch dark at night. I can go on and on. I forgot to mention the so called biggest market in Africa (main market), don't even go there if it rains. Major means of transport in that town is okada -Bros, you can't flag a taxi because there's non. Shall I continue?
despite the pleas for matured counsel from the op u still managed to bring ur yorubaness into this thread.i am sure gowon had not attained ur age when he became head of state, yet you cant render an advice objectively.

8 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
Noneroone:
despite the pleas for matured counsel from the op u still managed to bring ur yorubaness into this thread.i am sure gowon had not attained ur age when he became head of state, yet you cant render an advice objectively.
This thing will drag on till you learn to shut up. What has Yoruba got to do with my definition or any of my previous comments? I intend to advise the OP and at the same time educate @steppin and others. I know Onitsha like the marks on my palm, and I could define slum too.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by stunningjudy(f): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
Naijamark, have u ever been to Onitsha? I don't see why u are stressing on Onitsha been a slum, Lagos has places like Onitsha but I'm sure u will advice someone to go to Lagos. Mind you, Onitsha has nice places as well as PH, they recently got a cinema in that town (so I heard) so kindly tone down the hate for Onitsha.

8 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
The purpose of the thread has been defeated. How can the op make an objective decision when two matured adult cannot see beyond their ethnic differences but resort to abuse as the last resort to counsel the op. Smh!
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
stunningjudy:
Naijamark, have u ever been to Onitsha? I don't see why u are stressing on Onitsha been a slum, Lagos has places like Onitsha but I'm sure u will advice someone to go to Lagos. Mind you, Onitsha has nice places as well as PH, they recently got a cinema in that town (so I heard) so kindly tone down the hate for Onitsha.
I wish @steppin had been diplomatic with words as you are. To answer your question, I have been to Onitsha, the information provided are first hand you may prove wrong if they are not. Please leave sentiments apart and advise OP appropriately.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by stunningjudy(f): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

I wish @steppin had been diplomatic with words as you are. To answer your question, I have been to Onitsha, the information provided are first hand you may prove wrong if they are not. Please leave sentiments apart and advise OP appropriately.
You are stressing on Onitsha being a slum and I beg to differ! PH has dirty areas, so does Onitsha. PH is freaking expensive, the advice the op, needs shouldn't be based on neatness of the town because even abuja has dirty areas. I have adviced the op, PH is expensive period! If his salary isn't gonna give him a reasonable savings, he should move to Onitsha. Even those saying there are opportunities in PH, PH is mostly man know man.

4 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by steppin: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

Mumu, I don't need to be diplomatic or nice to bigots like you. I've tried to ignore your last reply but my moniker seems to find it's way into your confused posts.
You can say crap about a place you don't know, it doesn't change anything.
Stop quoting me in ur silly posts

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Noneroone(m): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
naijamark:

This thing will drag on till you learn to shut up. What has Yoruba got to do with my definition or any of my previous comments? I intend to advise the OP and at the same time educate @steppin and others. I know Onitsha like the marks on my palm, and I could define slum too.
i am not ready to drag with a low life like you. I love to attack ethnic bigots but your comments are too silly and unintelligent to attrack reasonable responses from me.

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Noneroone:
i am not ready to drag with a low life like you. I love to attack ethnic bigots but your comments are too silly and unintelligent to attrack reasonable responses from me.
Look at this unfortunate wannabe lawyer frustrated by JAMB, an half-baked graduate of Political Science from world number 11,169th university calling me a low life. As sub-class as all you represent. You will soon run out of MTN cheat or whatever you use in spewing out those rubbish. Hater! You hate Muslims, you hate non-Anglican, you hate non-Igbos, you hate 1st Class graduates, you hate all you can't be and will never be! NYSC is over, go get a job.
Re: Porthacourt Or Onitsha, Which Should I Choose? by HopeAtHand: 2:21am On Mar 19, 2015
I called Onitsha a petty town sometime ago and Pazienza almost literally drew rain, i wonder what will happen if he finds out some1 has been calling onitsha a slum. grin grin grin

@ Op, onitsha is the place for you..PH has more than enough its share of broke niggas. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Workforce Group / U.b.a Test At Serve Trust On Tuesday / Fcmb & Other Banks Test Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.