Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos (1906 Views)

Violent Protest In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos Leaves Several People Injured (photo) / “You Hid When Abacha Was Terrorizing Nigerians” – OPC Blasts Amosun Over Comment / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
OPC blasts Gani Adams for organizing violent protest in Lagos, say he’s betrayed Yoruba nation

The Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC,
may have split down the middle
following the violent protests carried out on Monday in Lagos by a group under the control of Gani Adams.

The OPC National Co-Ordinating
Council on Monday blasted Adams for organizing the violent protest calling for the removal of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Attahiru Jega. The council added that Adams has not only betrayed the OPC, but also the
Yoruba nation.

The statement was issued by Comrade Shina Akinpelu, on behalf of other members of the council who also were pioneer members of the OPC.

It reads:

“We, the members of the National Coordinating Council of the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, the highest ruling body of the organization, wish to disassociate ourselves from the shameful, destructive, violent and reactionary activities of the Gani Adam-led team which occurred in Lagos today.

What was witnessed today in Lagos was the highest level of political violence sponsored and funded by certain elements in the Jonathan government.

“Gani Adams is on his own and does not enjoy the support of a large size of our membership spread across the country. He is working for the sponsors of violence against our people who want the March 28 elections not to hold. Unleashing
terror on innocent citizens and killing them is not the way of democracy. It is not our idea of a people-oriented advocacy.

“Gani Adams is on dubious project. He is using the Pipleline contract from the Jonathan government as a ploy or excuse to recruit people to work for Jonathan and PDP in the South West. Gani Adams is acting against Yoruba interest. The compromises he has made amounts to selling the Yoruba to the present government for a piece of Pipeline contract to line his pockets. OPC is not about Pipleline contracts or
any other contracts for that matter. The Yoruba interest is beyond
contracts. We seek justice and fairness from the current government.

“We, members of the National
Coordinating Council of the Odua
People’s Congress, OPC, call all true
Yoruba leaders, sons and daughters to stand with us in totally condemning Gani and his anti-democratic tendencies. We must renounce him and remind him he cannot sell the Yoruba race to Jonathan and PDP on the cheap. He also has no authority to speak on behalf of the Yoruba people.

We pity those who rely on him to win votes. They will be sorely
disappointed. Their investment is a
bad one already. We reject today and always any attempt to use our
organization and its members for
narrow and selfish partisan purposes.

“We must remind them that the Yoruba people cannot be hoodwinked by sweeteners. No one should expect them to kow tow to an individual who is a Lilliputian in the political development and history of the Yoruba nation. The Yorubas are a politically sophisticated persons and will simply ignore political opportunists like Gani Adams.

We renounce him and his activities which are against the larger Yoruba interest. We renounce all other Yoruba sons and daughters who are playing roles inimical to the welfare and interest the larger Yoruba nation.

“We call on our people to be vigilant
politically at this time. Nigeria needs a new leadership, a new direction and a country that works.”

http://www.today.ng/news/opc-blasts-gani-adams-for-organizing-violent-protest-in-lagos-say-hes-betrayed-yoruba-nation/

3 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Baawaa(m): 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
From genesis Gani Adam is a tout,he know that Jonathan is ATM machine

8 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2015
Baawaa:
From genesis Gani Adam is a stout , he know that Jonathan is ATM machine

Stout kor guiness ni grin
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by get2abbey(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
And GEJ has done what he knows how to do best............"TURNING PEOPLE AGAINST EACH OTHER"

Thumbs up.

5 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by tinkinjow: 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
It's appears some dumb Nigerians have learnt a new word - blast. Everywhere one turns to now is "this" blast "that", so annoying.

BTW this OPC council thing, is that why some came up with the idea of removing Dr Fasheun...why don't they remove Gani Adams too...funny people.
Very soon we'll hear New OPC just like Afenifere renewal, whatever that means. There are a thousand ways of countering one without trying to fight from the inside, especially when you're not.
Adams knows you're wasting your time because he links with his loyalists who evidently respond to his call....
Very funny people.
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by GenIgrigi: 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
**grins** Who da hell is Shina Akinpelu. Does he know what the inner compartment of a gaol look like?. When people like Uwazurike,Asari and Adams were begging to be jailed on behalf of their people, Akinpelu was probably unwrapping different wraps of fufu in one smelly mama put joint. Come here dey make noise. **LOLS**

2 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by juman(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
OPC has turned into another thing.

They are mainly representing just themselves and only interested in making money.

1 Like

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
Never heard of somebody Shina. Akinpelu Dude very funny, Who is he ?

1 Like

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by KriTic24A: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Irrespective of whom Shina is, someone must surely speak if in disagreement.

How can Gani Adams solely claim he speaks for the Yoruba race just because he leads an organization?

Where did they meet to adopt him as their mouth-piece?
Anyway, soon Oba's too will come out and speak for Yoruba claiming they represent the Yoruba.

We all know the $contract recently awarded albeit politically and the Naira &$ rain among the Oba's.

Everyone works for the money he collected from politicians.

It is not for nothing that FFK is hurling insults all over the place.
Any wonder then that Fayose is disrespecting his biological mother publicly?

They all must please someone, forgetting that today will end and tomorrow will surely come.

....watching......

3 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Sunnyjoe47: 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gani - adams u are out of ur sense

1 Like

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by jahbiz: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gani Adams needed to do what he
was paid to do.

Only if some of us knew the

millions of dollars rolled into his

cover, then we would know he

couldnt have done anything less.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by supremus: 12:37am On Mar 18, 2015
[s]
Martins301:
OPC blasts Gani Adams for organizing violent protest in Lagos, say he’s betrayed Yoruba nation

The Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC,
may have split down the middle
following the violent protests carried out on Monday in Lagos by a group under the control of Gani Adams.

The OPC National Co-Ordinating
Council on Monday blasted Adams for organizing the violent protest calling for the removal of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Attahiru Jega. The council added that Adams has not only betrayed the OPC, but also the
Yoruba nation.

The statement was issued by Comrade Shina Akinpelu, on behalf of other members of the council who also were pioneer members of the OPC.

It reads:

“We, the members of the National Coordinating Council of the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, the highest ruling body of the organization, wish to disassociate ourselves from the shameful, destructive, violent and reactionary activities of the Gani Adam-led team which occurred in Lagos today.

What was witnessed today in Lagos was the highest level of political violence sponsored and funded by certain elements in the Jonathan government.

“Gani Adams is on his own and does not enjoy the support of a large size of our membership spread across the country. He is working for the sponsors of violence against our people who want the March 28 elections not to hold. Unleashing
terror on innocent citizens and killing them is not the way of democracy. It is not our idea of a people-oriented advocacy.

“Gani Adams is on dubious project. He is using the Pipleline contract from the Jonathan government as a ploy or excuse to recruit people to work for Jonathan and PDP in the South West. Gani Adams is acting against Yoruba interest. The compromises he has made amounts to selling the Yoruba to the present government for a piece of Pipeline contract to line his pockets. OPC is not about Pipleline contracts or
any other contracts for that matter. The Yoruba interest is beyond
contracts. We seek justice and fairness from the current government.

“We, members of the National
Coordinating Council of the Odua
People’s Congress, OPC, call all true
Yoruba leaders, sons and daughters to stand with us in totally condemning Gani and his anti-democratic tendencies. We must renounce him and remind him he cannot sell the Yoruba race to Jonathan and PDP on the cheap. He also has no authority to speak on behalf of the Yoruba people.

We pity those who rely on him to win votes. They will be sorely
disappointed. Their investment is a
bad one already. We reject today and always any attempt to use our
organization and its members for
narrow and selfish partisan purposes.

“We must remind them that the Yoruba people cannot be hoodwinked by sweeteners. No one should expect them to kow tow to an individual who is a Lilliputian in the political development and history of the Yoruba nation. The Yorubas are a politically sophisticated persons and will simply ignore political opportunists like Gani Adams.

We renounce him and his activities which are against the larger Yoruba interest. We renounce all other Yoruba sons and daughters who are playing roles inimical to the welfare and interest the larger Yoruba nation.

“We call on our people to be vigilant
politically at this time. Nigeria needs a new leadership, a new direction and a country that works.”

http://www.today.ng/news/opc-blasts-gani-adams-for-organizing-violent-protest-in-lagos-say-hes-betrayed-yoruba-nation/
[/s] [size=18pt]ARRANT NONSENSE!!! If not for the rain that fell that gathered the pigeon and chicken under the same roof. Shina can form his own group since he is of age but should tour his new lane gently after all we have some imprudent kickback fellows known as Afenifere Renewal sh*t[/size]

3 Likes

Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2015
supremus:
[s][/s] [size=18pt]ARRANT NONSENSE!!! If not for the rain that fell that gathered the pigeon and chicken under the same roof. Shina can form his own group since he is of age but should tour his new lane gently after all we have some imprudent kickback fellows known as Afenifere Renewal sh*t[/size]

Did you even read the piece?
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
Never heard of somebody Shina. Akinpelu Dude very funny, Who is he ?

He is the man who was bold enough to speak, having been authorised to do so, against the atrocity committed by Gani Adams against the yoruba people. Hope u grab? grin
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:
**grins** Who da hell is Shina Akinpelu. Does he know what the inner compartment of a gaol look like?. When people like Uwazurike,Asari and Adams were begging to be jailed on behalf of their people, Akinpelu was probably unwrapping different wraps of fufu in one smelly mama put joint. Come here dey make noise. **LOLS**

evidence to support the bolded or u will forever tagged a liar.
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by GenIgrigi: 7:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Martins301:

evidence to support the bolded or u will forever tagged a liar.

When I went to Enugu for a ceremony with Bianca, some of my members were arrested and I said I wouldn’t go home leaving my members. I went
to the police station and told them
to put me inside the cell too. They
said no. So, I’m not that kind of a
leader that would abandon his
people. For what? Even as I’m
speaking with you now, I am not
so happy that I have not gone to
prison for some time now.
-Ralph Uwazurike.

sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=106925
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by vedaxcool(m): 7:47am On Mar 18, 2015
One can always trust the Yorubas to reject errant foolery and insidious stewpidity!
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2015
GenIgrigi:

When I went to Enugu for a ceremony with Bianca, some of my members were arrested and I said I wouldn’t go home leaving my members. I went
to the police station and told them
to put me inside the cell too. They
said no. So, I’m not that kind of a
leader that would abandon his
people. For what? Even as I’m
speaking with you now, I am not
so happy that I have not gone to
prison for some time now.
-Ralph Uwazurike.

sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=106925

First you provided a dead link, second remember u said Asari, Gani and Uwazurike. . . So I expect that ur evidence covers the three of them.
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by supremus: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2015
[s]
Martins301:

Did you even read the piece?
[/s] Why not find something better.
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
supremus:
[s][/s] Why not find something better.

You have acute LSE syndrome. Seek urgent help pls
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by supremus: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
[s]
Martins301:

You have acute LSE syndrome. Seek urgent help pls
[/s] Slave!
Re: OPC Blasts Gani Adams For Organizing Violent Protest In Lagos by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 19, 2015
supremus:
Am a Slave!

(1) (Reply)

Senator Muhammad Makarfi Of Pdp Defeated / Deeper Life’s Kumuyi Has A Message For Buhari / Police Nab Obanikoro Son Bribing Voters In Lagos (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.