Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Why Online Poll Results Will Differ From Reality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Online Poll Results Will Differ From Reality (466 Views)

We Won’t Accept Poll Results By Buhari's ‘Daughter’ – PDP / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Online Poll Results Will Differ From Reality by dosibuch(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2015
s election is just days away, many are already singing victory songs because of online poll result. However, Online polls will differ from march 28 poll result because

1. Some People without PVC have Internet enabled phones hence can vote online but won't dream of doing so on 28th

2. To many Nigerians, it is dangerous to go near polling booths but same cannot be said of sitting in your bedroom and punching away on your phone.

3. With the Internet, one won't be exposed to the harsh weather conditions as will likely be the case on 28. This will affect the number of eligible voters that will vote.

4. With the internet, you are sure to start voting once you make up your mind to do so but am yet to hear of any election in Nigeria where the patience of the voters are not first tested through the delayed arrival of election materials. I really can't vouch for the patience meter level of my fellow youth who constitute the bulk of online voters.

5. Influence of bags of rice may not be evident on online polls but trust me, there is a reason it's done every 4years.

6. Nigerians in diaspora will vote and even go as far as "waiting for there votes to be counted" but .... Ok let me not say anything.

7. I have never heard of invalid votes on polls online but this is a must see come 28.

8. Many eligible voters cannot read and write hence their votes which is not captured in online polls can also be "stolen" by the people they might engage to direct them to the party of their choice.

This list is not exhaustive. you can add yours
Re: Why Online Poll Results Will Differ From Reality by rusher14: 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Based on your theory this works for all sets of the electorate.

Be that as it may, the %age of victory found online might even translate into higher figures for the favourite on the said day.

(1) (Reply)

Apc Pretending To Be Saints - The Masses Must Know The Truth / See How Inec Exposed Me To Death / Buhari Fails To Apologise For Jailing Journalists In 1984!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.