Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare (35456 Views)

Arms Scandal: Jonathan’s Govt Spent Billions, Abused Trust – Buhari / Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard / "Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by OKDnigeria: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
The General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, tunde bakare, on Tuesday said although he trusts the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu buhari (retd.), he doubts the credibility of “his environment.”

It was clear that bakare was talking about buhari’s party, the APC.

The pastor addressed Christians at the annual Lenten lecture of the Island Club in Lagos.

He enjoined Christians to vote wisely, saying , “I believe in contact without contamination.”

bakare, who was the running mate of buhari on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 presidential election, said he was not a politician but a nation builder.

He said whoever loses the presidential election should accept the winner and join hands to move the nation forward.

He said, “If buhari wins, let President Goodluck Jonathan accept defeat. Whoever loses is not a loser. And if President Goodluck Jonathan wins, buhari should accept this as the will of God.”

Speaking on fasting, he urged Christians in the country to examine the true spirit behind the Lenten fast, saying fasting was not an antidote to problems but an opportunity to submit to the will of God.

The pastor attributed the wrong attitude of Christians to fasting to biblical illiteracy.

He maintained that the true fasting ordained by God was explained in Isaiah 58, highlighting the need to help the poor and be led by God to observe it.

He said, “It is essential for adherents to critically examine the spirit behind the fast with a view to ensuring that it is not an attempt to obtain righteousness before God.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/i-trust-buhari-but-doubt-his-environment-bakare/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by DWJOBScom(m): 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
Finally I can now enjoy him compared to hos always cursing and abusive statements

**well we need to confirm he made the statement

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by gebest: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
GREAT

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by viczing(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
gebest:
GREAT

He's said the fact

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by gebest: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
viczing:

He's said the fact
yeah

6 Likes

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by talktimi(m): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
I trust Buhari (small) but I don't trust his violent antecedents and I certainly don't trust the thieving rogues around him that he calls his friends.

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by ArchEnemy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
talktimi:
I trust Buhari (small) but I don't trust his violent antecedents and I certainly don't trust the thieving rogues around him that he calls his friends.
Nice points from you and the Op

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by steppin: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
We don't trust Buhari and we certainly don't trust his environment.
Rogues and dirtbags can only make things worse.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by CaptainAmerica1: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
Nigerian politics for you, you need to romance with the good, bad and evil. However, the man you trust, Buhari, if elected would be the president of Nigeria. Buhari that you trust would make decisions for the nation and that's what matters!

What about Jonathan's environment? it is worse!

198 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by lonelydora: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
But Oga Pastor remember you were part of that environment in 2011. Sai Buhari

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by ratchetwrench: 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
Things just don't seem right in Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Segadem(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
CHEI
Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by abila122: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
He who is found in company of thieves will be thought a thief even if hes not

Pastor Wants $65 Million From Church Supporters To Buy Private Jet So He Can Spread The Word
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/more-news/odd-news-reports/item/3929-pastor-wants-65-million-from-church-supporters-to-buy-private-jet-so-he-can-spread-the-word

7 Likes

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by joystickextendr: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
hmmm okay

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Dannyset(m): 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
This Pastor tho!
If Buhari is truly who we've bn hearing he is, then, am pretty sure he can take care of this his environment ur talking about sir.
Sai Baba!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by kunlesehan(m): 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
These men and their diplomatic manner of speech.
You TRUST yet you DOUBT.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Jarus(m): 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
You can't get a totally clean environment in Nigeria where 98% of politicians are crooks.

They bring structure to the table as we have seen between CPC of 2011 (without the Tinubus of this world) and APC of today (with Tinubu and co).

When the generally-regarded-as-clean Gani Fawehinmi refused to associate with the crooks by contesting under his own clean party, NCP, in 2003, how many votes did he get?

It leaves us with the character of the candidate again where Buhari stands taller than GEJ.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
How wil dis stop GEJ frm breaking a record come 28th

21 Likes

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Paspane: 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
simple and plain statement "DOUBT HIS ENVIROMENT"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Trust and doubt.. "I believe its an undastatement! cheesy

#teambuhari
#teamchange

#SAIFRESHAIR!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Obaiyski(m): 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Nice point..
Bakare's statement is only made for the wise to understand, I rest my case...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jarus:
You can't get a totally clean environment
Abi...PESTS ...pest

PEST EVERYWHERE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by olu070706(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
I also believe in contact without contamination. If you can't beat them, never join them. Keep trying!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by stinggy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Me too.

But let's be sincere with ourselves. You need a political platform to achieve anything tangible in Nigeria, forget about the 'individual candidate' shii. GMB would never achieve national acceptance if CPC has remained, and PDP would never have welcomed him, so his hands are tied. And the only party that can give PDP run for her money is APC, hence his choice. The same Tinubu, Amaechi et al. guys are complaining about are stronger in the party than GMB himself, so they call the shot whenever a decision is to be made.

I strongly believe once GMB will weed off accordingly once he gets the mantle.

Sai Baba
Sai Buhari
March 28 come soon, we earnestly await you!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Bevista: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari's environment may be suspect, but it is no where near as suspect as that of Jonathan. His incorruptible nature will whip others in line.

There will still be 'choppins', but clearly not the senseless and primitive looting of treasury currently practised by Jona and his cohorts.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by Ideyontop: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
ok
Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by frodobee: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
I bliv u like I bliv my gf.
Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by pekeyim: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Environmentally unstable. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by mrrock: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari is surrounded left and right by thieves. Buhari is an old man and an illiterate who wouldn't know what's going on in his government.
A Buhari government will be lootocracy (a government where you can steal as much as you want).
Just imagine the volume of wealth Tinubu have been able to squeeze out of Lagos state alone, then imagine what he will do when he have access to Nigeria's oil wealth. He will buy a country like Cuba!.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by jokesmaster: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Na u sabi
Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by jamalflame: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
If you can't trust his environment, is it Jonathan environment you trust? BUHARI is a no nonsense man,he will put his environment to order. Remember a Leader leads from the front.

8 Likes

Re: I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare by saintandsinnerz: 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
That is why he will not win

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FFK: If Buhari Finds Oil In The North, He Will Call For Nigeria To Split / Peter Obi Owan Grassroot Mobilization In Edo State. / Announce Rivers Results Now Or Else - PDP Reacts As INEC Suspends Rivers Electio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.