Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary (2493 Views)

Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson / Which Is Better; Lexus RX 350 Or Toyota Highlander / Help!! Toyota Highlander Or ML 350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by honeycool: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
I am abt to upgrade from Toyota Camry tiny light to 2005 Toyota Highlander wt 3 rows While some people advised me to go for 6v 4wd others said I should buy the ordinary one that is one without 6v 4wd I am not particular abt speed but durability A dealer has asked me to pay 2m for a clean one with original custom papers Is it a good deal and is the car durable like the 6v 4wd Please your candid opinion/advice is needed Thanks and God bless
Re: Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by Readonee35L(m): 9:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
chucky234:
If you are in Lagos I can get you super clean 2005 V6 AWD for N2m or 2005 V6 AWD Limited edition for N2.4m

So this is an example of candid advice?
Re: Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by chucky234(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Readonee35L:

So this is an example of candid advice?
medicine after death....
Re: Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by honeycool: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mr marketer you have not offer any advice on the reliability of the two specs of the cars It is after that you can start marketing your cars Please give your candid advice
Re: Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by nurey(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2015
Op your query is very funny, but let me simplify it for you.
The highlander has FWD and 4WD

4WD means all wheels drive the car meaning all the wheels are constantly rolling so if 3 tyres get stuck in mud or sand, the remainig 1 wheel will keep rolling and push the car out of the grid lock.

FWD means front wheel drive, the back tyres don't drive the car at all so if the front tyres get stucked in mud or sand, then you have to push the car or tow it to get free.

The FWD has advantage in fuel economy than 4WD but guess what its normally negligible, if the FWD is doing 22city then the 4WD will do 20 or 21city

The car has two engine variant I4(4 cylinder engine) and V6 (6 cylinder engine)

Let me explain this with primary school maths, Mr A has 4horse to pull a carriage and Mr B has 6horse to pull a carriage so Mr B will buy more hay (fuel) to feed his horse than Mr A but Mr Bs horse will pull more load and possibly get to the destination before Mr A with only 4 horse.

I won't advice you buy a 4cylinder highlander with 3rd row seat, that car is heavy if you pack weight on it, a kia picanto will dust you.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
nurey:
Op your query is very funny, but let me simplify it for you.
The highlander has FWD and 4WD

4WD means all wheels drive the car meaning all the wheels are constantly rolling so if 3 tyres get stuck in mud or sand, the remainig 1 wheel will keep rolling and push the car out of the grid lock.

FWD means front wheel drive, the back tyres don't drive the car at all so if the front tyres get stucked in mud or sand, then you have to push the car or tow it to get free.

The FWD has advantage in fuel economy than 4WD but guess what its normally negligible, if the FWD is doing 22city then the 4WD will do 20 or 21city

The car has two engine variant I4(4 cylinder engine) and V6 (6 cylinder engine)

Let me explain this with primary school maths, Mr A has 4horse to pull a carriage and Mr B has 6horse to pull a carriage so Mr B will buy more hay (fuel) to feed his horse than Mr A but Mr Bs horse will pull more load and possibly get to the destination before Mr A with only 4 horse.

I won't advice you buy a 4cylinder highlander with 3rd row seat, that car is heavy if you pack weight on it, a kia picanto will dust you.

I use a 2003 i4, and regularly I put in loads such as work tools, cement bags et al especially when I need to quickly transport them and I can't find truck. Even with the heavy loads+ 3 passengers at rear and 2 in front, It still moves with respectable speed. Agreed, that i4 engined HL isn't as fast as a V6, its got just enough power to move respectfully. Motor wey even dey pull pleasant surprises pass wetin I dey judge am.
Re: Which Is Better 2005 Toyota Highlander 6v 4dr Or Ordinary by Raymie(m): 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
@OP, any would do. At least from @Lomomike's assertion. Since yhu aren't particular about power, the i4 would be yhur best bet. Cheaper in all ramifications than her v6 sister. Though I think the engine comes only for base trims, usually without 4WD and third row seating. I stand to be corrected.

(1) (Reply)

Most Expensive Cars In The World- Top 10 / Which Of These Cars Can I Do Away With: Landrover Discovery 04 Or Nissan P 07 / Overheating At High Speed Of Between 60-80 Km/h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.