Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu - Properties (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu (116603 Views)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Nike, Enugu / Buy Lands At Royal Palm Estates Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by PHfinest(m): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2015
spygadgets:
If by the way its going that we want to have a maximum number of flats.. Then I can propose 6 flats each plot not higher than a story building

My reason is this 90% of the people investing in this project might not relocate from their BASE to this place at least for noW, so its meant to be a money making venture by way of rentage, so why will be compelled to build a duplex in that part of location in enugu , how much can I rent it out with reference on the rate of apartment around there , LETS FACE REALITY MY people......

As for me I am planning on a story building with pent house of 6 flats of not more than 2 bedroom apartment each .. The pent house if for me any time Am around on holidays

I believe this is why spyder suggested grouping the plots based on house type.

6 family units pet plot is too much for any high end estate.
Cars will definitely park outside.

If we do not want restriction on what can be erected then the estate will look chaotic.

We can vote on:
A) max of 2 story height and 4 family units.
B) max of 3 story height and 6 family units.
C) segregation of building types.
D) no restriction of building type

We can add more options and narrow them down.

Spyder can contact each plot owner to vote.

My 2 rands
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ugwup: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2015
Looking at the Nigerian economy am in support of 3k/month and 30k per annum, it is easily said than done even with the 30k we will still have many that will not comply.

Thank you very much sir. Considering that there is nothing to attract thieves there, the estate manager's fee seems most cogent of them all, and I propose 30k/month on that at this time. We can get 2 gardeners to plant and tend flowers on the roads, at 15k/month they can as well cut the grasses on each undeveloped plot once a year,(they have enough time to do that) and these people's presence is enough security for that land. However we may have two live in security men at 15k/month as materials start coming to site, If we start with the security now, then the gardeners can come later when the buldozer finishes its works.

With 24k per annum on each plot, we can take care of these for now. If we make it 30k or 3k monthly, we will have enough to cushion an increase or ad hoc levy in future. Whatever we start with now is going to be the base, so we should not start on a high, lest we run into troubles.
The way am planning to follow you in this building in estate thing eh, if I pay 5k/month for every plot I buy, wetin happen in 1992 go happen again o.

My opinion though, make una no vex.[/quote]
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
One week and we're yet to agree on anything it seems cheesy O diro easy, we'll get there.

Spyder, can you please speak out in regards the building structures so we can lay that one to rest,once and for all. Please no one should get me wrong as im not stating that Spyder decides what is going to happen but im only asking he :
Tell us if there is room for modification to the intial building plan so we can all adjust accordingly
If no, how does he plan to address/settle the differences.

We cant be on this forever, there has to be a closure.

@Spygadgets,whatever is the case, I think 6 flats is too much. 4 flats on a plot and maybe,a penthouse is more like it, IMO.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
PHfinest:

I believe this is why spyder suggested grouping the plots based on house type.

6 family units pet plot is too much for any high end estate.
Cars will definitely park outside.

If we do not want restriction on what can be erected then the estate will look chaotic.

We can vote on:
A) max of 2 story height and 4 family units.
B) max of 3 story height and 6 family units.
C) segregation of building types.
D) no restriction of building type

We can add more options and narrow them down.

Spyder can contact each plot owner to vote.

My 2 rands
CC Madam Landlady Lighternote. where is she ?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Piyke: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
Just curious as to when the planned payment of 3k or 5k or whatever we finally agree would commence. Anybody?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Pchinak: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
Piyke:
Just curious as to when the planned payment of 3k or 5k or whatever we finally agree would commence. Anybody?

It could start immediately we agree on an amount. If its late in the month, then the next month. It needs to be done, even if we've not employed those personnel, we will need money anyway.

Meanwhile i feel the perimeter fence needs to be done asap for "this land is not for sale" related wahala.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by 1soul(m): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello Spyder, pls are there still plots left to sell? I'm interested in this "Royal Palm Estate"n unfortunately I'm just seeing it now.

Please reply asap
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:10am On Jul 18, 2015
1soul:
Hello Spyder, pls are there still plots left to sell? I'm interested in this "Royal Palm Estate"n unfortunately I'm just seeing it now.

Please reply asap

Plot numbers 1,7,8,9,10,13 are still free for purchase.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:27am On Jul 18, 2015
ifyalways:
One week and we're yet to agree on anything it seems cheesy O diro easy, we'll get there.

Spyder, can you please speak out in regards the building structures so we can lay that one to rest,once and for all. Please no one should get me wrong as im not stating that Spyder decides what is going to happen but im only asking he :
Tell us if there is room for modification to the intial building plan so we can all adjust accordingly
If no, how does he plan to address/settle the differences.

We cant be on this forever, there has to be a closure.

@Spygadgets,whatever is the case, I think 6 flats is too much. 4 flats on a plot and maybe,a penthouse is more like it, IMO.

I am still watching and listening to all. To me, the most contentious decisions are between 1A and 1B, that's on the building types, as at this morning, 1A, has 4 "like" votes while 1B has 3 "like" votes, I am watching, voting will be rounded up by Sunday evening and by Monday we adopt a decision.

I also noticed the options listed by PHfinest and I think his inclusion of the option "no restrictions at all" may appeal to many people, maybe I should have included this option as 1C above. How many of us see some positives from this option?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Jul 18, 2015
Pchinak:

I understand your points and they are very valid, especially if your 90% non resident claim is true. However I believe some did invest based on the idea spyder created when he allocated different plots for different kinds of building. More so, exclusivity in any form often increase value. What I will rather prefer is for spyder's expert advise on the viability of that location with respect to duplexes for rentage. However if spyder880 or those who know the place says its not going to be viable for high end tenants, then we go for re-arrange. Truth is the value of the land will appreciate based on what we make the estate to be. There are low and high end estates, there is what we allow in the estate and those who invested on duplexes will lose money as it will not attract the targeted custormers. Again people should be allowed to make maximum utilization of their plots for gain, within acceptable limits. We need to determine that limit, and thats where expert opinion is needed. The money for one more deck could buy another plot in another spyder880 estate if it comes to that. This issue really need to be trashed out indeed.

Ehm...but oga o, this six bedroom on one plot creates little space for cars na , and could lead to problems in future with regards to our laws on street parking, except you bought from those big plots at the edges, which can be an exception, if you did, then congrats on your good fortune.

I particularly like this your post, because it will allow me shed more light as to the location of this land, and explain what I had been saying from the first page. Ugwuomu Nike is a town at the fringes of the state capital, a full 17 minutes drive from the gates of the international airport at Emene, pass through Orie Emene and drive up rehab road, up to Caritas university, pass it and head for Godfrey Okoye university permanent site. At Ugwuomu, this land is location is behind the location where the villagers currently live, they have their farmlands around this land where they have now sold to me.

As regards development, this land has potential to develop, and its what we make it that it will become, but it is still in a secluded location now, there are no houses around this land for about 1 kilometer radius. We are going to be here alone for now, although all the lands around this one are either sold to other bodies (like the UNTH doctors) or individuals.

My point is that we cannot plan and build high-end rentage apartments NOW on this land and expect high paying tenants to come and live there NOW, so we should make our choices with the present realities on ground.

My hope, which I have seen play out so many times around Enugu, is that, since Ugwuomu is a university town, and since people are pouring into these villages searching for lands, the development to city standards will not be far, maybe 2-3 years. We can also decide to speed up the development, when people see developments, they usually react by moving close and starting another development close by.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2015
I got a call this morning and its for the reservation of plot number 8. Expecting payment soon. Happy weekend to you all.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by 1soul(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2015
Oga Spyder, update!
Plot 13
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2015
1soul:
Oga Spyder, update!
Plot 13

I got another call this morning and therefore plot number 13 has also been reserved for payment later. Thanks all.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2015
These are the numbers of plots sold, reserved and free for purchase. Keep the payments coming, we are getting there, members can still pay for plots as we continue our rules deliberations.

Plots 2,3,4,6,11,12,16,17,22,23,25,24,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54 and 55 has been paid for.
Plots 5,8,13,14,15 are now reserved for payment.
Plots 1,7,9,10 are not sold.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Piyke: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
spyder880:

I particularly like this your post, because it will allow me shed more light as to the location of this land, and explain what I had been saying from the first page. Ugwuomu Nike is a town at the fringes of the state capital, a full 17 minutes drive from the gates of the international airport at Emene, pass through Orie Emene and drive up rehab road, up to Caritas university, pass it and head for Godfrey Okoye university permanent site. At Ugwuomu, this land is location is behind the location where the villagers currently live, they have their farmlands around this land where they have now sold to me.

As regards development, this land has potential to develop, and its what we make it that it will become, but it is still in a secluded location now, there are no houses around this land for about 1 kilometer radius. We are going to be here alone for now, although all the lands around this one are either sold to other bodies (like the UNTH doctors) or individuals.

My point is that we cannot plan and build high-end rentage apartments NOW on this land and expect high paying tenants to come and live there NOW, so we should make our choices with the present realities on ground.

My hope, which I have seen play out so many times around Enugu, is that, since Ugwuomu is a university town, and since people are pouring into these villages searching for lands, the development to city standards will not be far, maybe 2-3 years. We can also decide to speed up the development, when people see developments, they usually react by moving close and starting another development close by.

Thank you Spyder for this critical update, considering the time to development and time to this land location being livable, I am of the opinion that monthly payments and employing people now isn't the best. I think our efforts should be concentrated on fencing the land and planting the Royal palm trees. Flowers can wait for now as they would need more tender care, they can be started down the line.

I understand that the sum we paid covers the culvert, bulldozing and grading of roads, this can start now.

So I think we should rather be talking about a levy that would fence the land and perhaps any other needed task we deem fit for this stage. The sum for paying security men during this construction period would be part of this levy.

Following fencing and planting of the trees, we can still allow identified villagers farm the land and task them that they secure and tend the Royal Palm trees cheesy as their fee for using the land. We may decide to make the initial bulldozing of the site somewhat partial, just enough to plant beacons and grade the estate roads. This will also mitigate against erosion. Spyder do comment on the feasibility of this. Meanwhile I suggest we plant the trees in a flower bed, made of blocks for protecion and easy identification.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
Piyke:

Thank you Spyder for this critical update, considering the time to development and time to this land location being livable, I am of the opinion that monthly payments and employing people now isn't the best. I think our efforts should be concentrated on fencing the land and planting the Royal palm trees. Flowers can wait for now as they would need more tender care, they can be started down the line.

I understand that the sum we paid covers the culvert, bulldozing and grading of roads, this can start now.

So I think we should rather be talking about a levy that would fence the land and perhaps any other needed task we deem fit for this stage. The sum for paying security men during this construction period would be part of this levy.

Following fencing and planting of the trees, we can still allow identified villagers farm the land and task them that they secure and tend the Royal Palm trees cheesy as their fee for using the land. We may decide to make the initial bulldozing of the site somewhat partial, just enough to plant beacons and grade the estate roads. This will also mitigate against erosion. Spyder do comment on the feasibility of this. Meanwhile I suggest we plant the trees in a flower bed, made of blocks for protecion and easy identification.

Yes we can forget about paying any monthly or yearly levies for now if we want to slow things down. I will go ahead and plant the flowers and allow them to grow with time. I however don't support farmers stay on the land, the bulldozing, culvert and other works can go on.

Please note that the suggestions for the security men and gardeners will be most important if we want to speed up the development of the area. There must be human habitation before people will feel safe to spend time inside this land.

As for me, I will start building on this land as soon a culvert is completed.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
Now we have truelly been hinted on the exact nature of this estate, I propose we suspend all concerning the micro rules and focus on how best to draw development to this area by creating room / encouraging people willing to develop their plots to start asap without these aforementioned rules.... Let's not forget that there is no rule for jungle so let's develop this estate into a place to BE.. Then we cone back to our drawing board to draft a rule to guide us , by then we must have had more stake holders on ground rather than E-Meetings we are having now

My points?
:perimeter fence (around 12couches) all round the estate with at least 2 main entrance gate
:clearing the roads linkages within the estate for clear and easy identification of each plot irrespective of the location
:erecting a security post and employing at least 2security guards and 2 gardeners for the flowers and treestrees

If we can achieve this within the next 6 months I bet few people might be encouraged to start making steps in starting their projects thereby having a MASSIVE BOOST on the overall community

This is my bitter TRUTH that we must face as a TRUE REALITY
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Pchinak: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2015
spygadgets:
Now we have truelly been hinted on the exact nature of this estate, I propose we suspend all concerning the micro rules and focus on how best to draw development to this area by creating room / encouraging people willing to develop their plots to start asap without these aforementioned rules.... Let's not forget that there is no rule for jungle so let's develop this estate into a place to BE.. Then we cone back to our drawing board to draft a rule to guide us , by then we must have had more stake holders on ground rather than E-Meetings we are having now

My points?
:perimeter fence (around 12couches) all round the estate with at least 2 main entrance gate
:clearing the roads linkages within the estate for clear and easy identification of each plot irrespective of the location
:erecting a security post and employing at least 2security guards and 2 gardeners for the flowers and treestrees

If we can achieve this within the next 6 months I bet few people might be encouraged to start making steps in starting their projects thereby having a MASSIVE BOOST on the overall community

This is my bitter TRUTH that we must face as a TRUE REALITY

I agree with you in all but one. "Suspending all rules" and making the estate "a place to be" does not go together. We really need to decide on somethings. Atleast we seem to have a general agreement to no car should park outside as normal parking space. To ensure we don't have problem with this, we have to ensure that flats built on a plot is realistic to the parking space available. I know why am hitting on this, there are things that will make nonesense of the estate idea and the hassles of making one. Eg, am I allowed to build 10 self contain/studio in my plot?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
smiley
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
Piyke:
After clearing and perimeter fencing,I believe.

Please can anyone be kind enough as to update me on what our decisions are NOW ? I'm confused undecided
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
Pchinak:

I agree with you in all but one. "Suspending all rules" and making the estate "a place to be" does not go together. We really need to decide on somethings. Atleast we seem to have a general agreement to no car should park outside as normal parking space. To ensure we don't have problem with this, we have to ensure that flats built on a plot is realistic to the parking space available. I know why am hitting on this, there are things that will make nonesense of the estate idea and the hassles of making one. Eg, am I allowed to build 10 self contain/studio in my plot?
Seems we are doing, one step forward, ten steps backwards.

From the get go, the plans for this estate were :
Duplexes
Block of flats
Bungalows.

Plots were duly earmarked for each building structure. I personally, did not not notice that before picking my plots but done is done, I cannot change the rules. Can we please get over this question, Oga Spyder,I expect you to give us the last update on this ie rules 1A and 1B as this is a major contention.

PS: are we still on course of getting the land documents for those that have paid fully ?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
Let's not forget the rule 1C the one that will remove any restrictions on building type which I believe will appeal many stake holders
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
spygadgets:
Let's not forget the rule 1C the one that will remove any restrictions on building type which I believe will appeal many stake holders
Yeah and if there is any voting ,I strongly vote against this.

There should be restrictions else ths estate will become a barracks. However, the house decides.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
@ Spygadgets, Ifyalways, I am watching and noting every contribution, we als very much on course as I have said before, voting stops tonight. Right now 1A is having 6 votes as against 3 votes for 1B. I will go with the result of the polls. I think we might get our documents for those that has completely paid as from next week ending. I expect a lot of people to collect their deeds before month end.

I will summarize the polls tomorrow. Thank you all.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
Still waiting for more votes, voting stops at 12 noon tomorrow, Monday the 20th of July 2015.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Waterway: 4:57am On Jul 20, 2015
ifyalways:
Seems we are doing, one step forward, ten steps backwards.

From the get go, the plans for this estate were :
Duplexes
Block of flats
Bungalows.

Plots were duly earmarked for each building structure. I personally, did not not notice that before picking my plots but done is done, I cannot change the rules. Can we please get over this question, Oga Spyder,I expect you to give us the last update on this ie rules 1A and 1B as this is a major contention.

PS: are we still on course of getting the land documents for those that have paid fully ?

@ifyalways............ I agree with your points .
Rewriting the rules on demarcations: Duplex, Bungalows , blocks of flat after the purchase of blots will not bode well for those who strategically bought plots . this may turn lots more people off from the estate . Let the restrictions on demarcation stand because it was part of the advert to buy into this estate. let there be restrictions of building heights -building code, otherwise this place will be unattractive to future investors or homeowners in future . Gated estate will set this place apart in a security conscious country. perimeter fence and graded roads will be a good start
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:04am On Jul 20, 2015
Waterway:

@ifyalways............ I agree with your points .
Rewriting the rules on demarcations: Duplex, Bungalows , blocks of flat after the purchase of blots will not bode well for those who strategically bought plots . this may turn lots more people off from the estate . Let the restrictions on demarcation stand because it was part of the advert to buy into this estate. let there be restrictions of building heights -building code, otherwise this place will be unattractive to future investors or homeowners in future . Gated estate will set this place apart in a security conscious country. perimeter fence and graded roads will be a good start

Noted, Thanks.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Please, the voting is over. I am therefore consulting with our members here to come up with a decision. More of the buyers of these plots who own up to 3-4 plots favour the old zoning pattern with which they selected their plots and paid. I am going to respect their choices. These people own a combined majority in this land.

The decisions we reach will be communicated to all by this night. Thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ugwuanyi is working.

CC madam landlady Lighternote. Where are you ?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by thebaft: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
spyder880:
Please, the voting is over. I am therefore consulting with our members here to come up with a decision. More of the buyers of these plots who own up to 3-4 plots favour the old zoning pattern with which they selected their plots and paid. I am going to respect their choices. These people own a combined majority in this land.

The decisions we reach will be communicated to all by this night. Thank you all.

So what are the available options for the "combined minority"?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ugwup: 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Please in as much as you want to respect those guys please remember to respect the result of the voting where 1A has 7 likes while 1B has 3 likes and you made a promise that you are going to be abide by the out come of the voting and that is where we stand. God bless us all.
spyder880:

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ifyalways(f): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
ugwup:
Please in as much as you want to respect those guys please remember to respect the result of the voting where 1A has 7 likes while 1B has 3 likes and you made a promise that you are going to be abide by the out come of the voting and that is where we stand. God bless us all.
I think the " likes" function as a voting system is and can be flawed.
Anyone, can use multiple monikers to like, even people who have no stake in this estate.
Besides, people with 2,3,4 plots should be entitled to same number of votes.

If we are to use voting, then it would be open ballot or done via an email group and each plot gets a vote.

My 2 pence

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Reply)

Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows / The History Of Stamped Concrete / How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.