Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu (116869 Views)

Buy Lands At A New Layout In Akpuoga Nike, Enugu. / 8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Nike, Enugu / Buy Lands At Royal Palm Estates Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by CHANCEMAN: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rapidx:

The merits or otherwise of the 650K is not even the issue.
My point is that giving the remoteness of the area and what it will cost each buyer to make it liveable,
the "7 million Naira" would be more than enough to buy 2 plots of land in other Enugu areas already inhabited by people, and rightly so.

People invest in real estate for different reasons. I believe the target market for this venture are those who cannot readily put down 7 million Naira today, but probably can over an extended period of time. To them getting some interest in the land immediately at a reasonable and affordable price is of paramount importance. Investment on infrastructure can come later and on a piecemeal basis.

6 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
CHANCEMAN:

People invest in real estate for different reasons. I believe the target market for this venture are those who cannot readily put down 7 million Naira today, but probably can over an extended period of time. To them getting some interest in the land immediately at a reasonable and affordable price is of paramount importance. Investment on infrastructure can come later and on a piecemeal basis.

Thank you.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:09am On Apr 19, 2015
Plot number 54 has just been paid for by a gentleman who had been part of our last estate at Ogbeke Nike. We have sold nearly 20% of the plots in this estate. Keep the payments coming, we are surely getting there. Thanks.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by cecegorz(m): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Oga Spyder.
Been away from Properties for sometime. As I entered and saw this project, I got interested immediately as I know that na idi eti mmanwu a na akwa aka!
I've taken time to read through all the pages and saw the various concerns and your proferred solutions.
I can say for now that I'll like to pick up 2plots but as I usually do, I'll have to fly into coal city as soon as possible for physical inspection of the area and see it's proximity to existing settlements.
But before then, 'my people will talk to your people' by tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by ikeyman00(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
@@@

for us that lives in a white man country

im yet to see a county that builds swimming pool in the street in the name of estate

and spyder by the way who is the next buyer?

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 4:08am On Apr 22, 2015
Any update ?... @ oga spyder80
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:45am On Apr 22, 2015
spygadgets:
Any update ?... @ oga spyder80

Yes, plot number 6 has been reserved for payment soon. We are moving on. More payments expected this week.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by macjive01: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
@Spyder, sorry about my use of words, i was probably speaking out of passion.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by macjive01: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
spyder880:

I think it would be better if we mind the language we use in a public forum, there are some words we should avoid when trying to air our opinions, however strongly we might feel. Our points and suggestions should be presented without any attempt to malign others.
I have an estate plan, and my plans are in stages, we are in the first stage which is the land acquisition stage;

1. I plan to collect deposits from interested buyers and pay for the land, then prepare their land documents, survey plans on their names and send to all of them after they complete all the payments stated above.

2. I plan to grade the roads with a bulldozer and create streets which will pass in front of each plot.

3. I plan to bring in electric poles and place in strategic points in the estate, ready for the provision of lights (note that there is no plan yet for a transformer as that is a service provided by EEDC.)

4. I plan to raise plants, especially royal palm trees for decorative purposes that will add beauty to the area.

5. I plan to reserve about 8 plots of land (already marked) for essential services like schools, health centre, a shopping centre, (this is subject to change, I suggested all these and asked for more suggestions on this page 3)

I have not started talking about roads, boreholes and drainages as this is for the future, it will be a[b] major mistake to start making plans for building roads at this stage[/b] when we know the likely costs of doing so. This is what we should plan for in the second stage. If we add the cost of tarred roads, we might be asking for around N7million naira for each plot, who will pay? If we muddle everything up and start quoting prohibitive costs in a land in the outskirts of Enugu city like Ugwuomu, people may not take us serious. My father dropped this adage for me (Ana ebu uzo azota ana, tupu azoba ute) translation: You first win the fight for the land, before you start fighting for the mat. Let us secure the land first.

I have taken a look at too many estates in Nigeria, and love some of the concepts I see there. I took time to provide space for drainages, as some of the roads provided are up to 8mts, we even have major roads at 10mts. At the right time, the land owners in this estate will decide if we want to add walkways, these are all decisions for the second stage, we could get together in a meeting, meet online, vote on decisions and make suggestions for the good of the estate.

The problem with us Nigerians is that we make too many promises. I will rather promise little and over deliver than promise too much and under deliver.

Finally, I don’t need any early investors as my financing plan is already getting positive response from ready buyers. Thank you for your suggestions.

Spyder , your adage is outdated, in this modern world, you need to conserve and plan your resources. if the plans is not attainable then no need venturing into it. THIS YOUR plan is very ATTAINABLE all it needs is just a little bit of effort in upfront planning. we all can see you have done some planing, but it is inadequate for the project. you might end up losing a hell of money yourself if this is not planned properly and every cost captured upfront.

Im an Engineer, i am involved in upfront engineering, bids and tender, man, it is imperative we/you plan and budget what every cost will be.
please don't be afraid of chasing anybody away. your reputation is going to be at stake.

within the 4 weeks this has been ongoing, the plan has changed a couple of times, now you have reserved over 8 plots for Estate amenities, these cost for the plots needs to be accounted for somehow, don't you think so ?

Cost of transformer may also need to be accounted for, for i know waiting on EECD for such an essential amenity might end up being a very very long wait.

on the Road. drainage. no doubt we cant afford to tarr the roads at this time, however, could there be alternative ?
palm kernal nuts etc?

on the estate plan itself, you need to draw a plan , which would stipulate what one can build on a plot. i dont want to buy a lovely plot thinking i will have a family holiday home, only for the next plot owner to decide to build 5 floor-commercial block of flats. my lovely desired privacy will be out of the window. lost. And i will become one unhappy resident.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
Welcome Macjive01,

At this point, I will want to have inputs from those of us who has paid for plots in this planned estate. What do you think about the points of Macjive01, you can say it open here or send me a mail on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk. I want to hear from you so it doesn't seem as if I am out rightly rejecting any idea, no matter how far fetched it might sound. What I won't agree to is being railroaded into an option I cannot follow to the very end. Thanks.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by macjive01: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
spyder, while we are waiting for inputs, could you on your spare time DRAFT a generic render for this estate. could be a sketch, but identifying the kind of house plan to be permitted. house height. would it be an All bungalow estate? or duplex kind.

Road:

Identify the roads, (with accurate estimate of the road plus drainage size)

Since we can't afford tarring.
Alternatives:
Palm kernel nuts
paving stones.
chippings ?

Drainage
Is the drainage Important?
could we do without it? if yes, how ?

There is a river beside the estate, drainage outlet would not be an issue.

could you estimate how much it would cost to build drainage right through the proposed road network ?

is the land evenly sloped? would the drainage require bigger artery gutter to the river? (which might need to go underneath proposed plots on its way to the river

Water Supply:
Before the first resident moves into the estate, there need to be a readily available source of drinking/usable portable water for domestic consumption.

what plan could we set up:
On-your-own sink a borehole?
considering this is Enugu, the cost of such will be collectively prohibitive. And there is no guarantee that every plot will have an aquifer beneath it.

Hence my proposal would be for the Estate to find a water source within the premises. (the Plot with the clearest route to the aquifer will not be sold to an individual as it will host the overhead tank, thus will form part of estate amenity, hence a cost to capture)

Have a plan to Sink a borehole to serve the estate. (Estimate the Cost)- place a call to any reputable drilling company and get a estimate quote.)
Cost of overhead tank structure
Cost for the Plastic water tanks. How many would serve a 50 houses Estate ?
Cost of PVC pipes to distribute the water around the estate roads. (The estate could later charge connection fee to the mains water supply)

Have a water pipeline layout plan, if there is a proposed walkway, it might be a good route to follow.

Sharing the Total cost for the Borehole and its structure and piping:

I understand you don't want to overburden your investors at this early stage, the alternative would be for the estate to build this and later charge a connection fee for the service. For me, i think it better to include the cost upfront into the cost of the plot, as it is an ESSENTIAL amenity.

Street light? how many street light poles, (est), cost ? [note ; Not essential at this stage, but will be good to know there is a plan, and the cost for such available to your investors to decide if they want it captured upfront and incorporated into the cost of the plot]

Proposed palm tree flowering,
where will it be?
how much space will it require?
how far away should a plot's fence be from the Tree?

walkway? essential, Yes /No ?
(it could be a route for the estate water pipelines)
since the estate is not a large one, and not excepted to have busy thoroughfare maybe we might forgo this and use the reserved space between the palm-trees/street light and a plot's fence as the Amenities-right-of-way.

After these essentials have been accommodated then you would know what parcel of land is available for purchase. then it would be divided bearing in mind the proposed house sizes, and subsequently priced accordingly .

90% of investors in this project are doing it as an investment. I bet they will be happy to chip in more to the cost of the plot knowing the estate has been properly planned. And there return will be even higher.

6 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Waterway: 7:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Spyder is a visionary and I commend your efforts.

Agree on some points from macjive01. My suggestions are to consider:

OPTION 1
You dont have to look too far to see some sound exclusive estates ( Lagos, Abuja) with such suggestions.

The estate must have building codes with areas for bungalow ( already designated ) and areas for duplex and multidwelling buildings of one storey bldg or one -storey semidetach duplex. A high -rise building in an estate will overwhelm the amenities and reduces resale values . Discourage any commercial ctr shopping plaza, malls, church etc that attract hoodlums to your community and source of crime.

Road network, drainage, transformer and perimeter fence with entry & exit gate , street lined with royal palms & lights.----should attract its own payment ( developmental fee). This will mean a plot will go for N3-5million, a hard sell for the location today
An estate mgt office and recreation ctr could be on 2plots (pool & tennis courts & gym where one can exercise and pay membership fee )

OPTION 2.
The target clientelle here is ok with the very minimal basics. Cannot affort the luxury above. They dont all have cars. They dont want to live next to a church/ factory. They still want a serene environment to relax and raise family.
Will not be an estate but development of a subdivision or satellite town with some sense of united community. Plot owners will not be restricted by any building codes but will pool resources to provide basic amenities like transformer, graded road and drainage system/culvert . The roads will be graded every 1 -2yrs by occupants of each street pooling resources together.

Of above, I will suggest go with option 2 to keep cost reasonable and make this a success.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by macjive01: 7:43am On Apr 24, 2015
Waterway:
Spyder is a visionary and I commend your efforts.

Agree on some points from macjive01. My suggestions are to consider:

OPTION 2.
The target clientelle here is ok with the very minimal basics. Cannot affort the luxury above. They dont all have cars. They dont want to live next to a church/ factory. They still want a serene environment to relax and raise family.
Will not be an estate but development of a subdivision or satellite town with some sense of united community. Plot owners will not be restricted by any building codes but will pool resources to provide basic amenities like transformer, graded road and drainage system/culvert . The roads will be graded every 1 -2yrs by occupants of each street pooling resources together.

Of above, I will suggest go with option 2 to keep cost reasonable and make this a success.

[s]The most ESSENTIAL Amenities for this estate at this stage is a drainage plan and domestic consumable water source. I said plan, it doesn't have to be built at this first stage, but having a drainage plan will give confidence to the investors that your investment will not be flooded tomorrow. [/s]
I had written above then remembered that all of works layout estate in owerri didn't have paved road neither were there drainage or even a drainage plan, yet is it a sort after estate. My Aunt's street was unfortunate to be the rain gathering center, raining season everybody on the street goes on holiday, as the street becomes impassable. two houses later fell on the street.

Plot owners will not be restricted by any building codes do you really mean there will be no restriction on the building code ?
It will be a nightmare. the place will be crowded, overtly crowded when half of the investors decides to build multi floor commercial flats.
A plot of land planned for a family of max 7, will suddenly becomes 7 x 8flats =56 residents .
the estate amenities will be overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2015
This is to announce, the updates on this land, plot numbers 43 and 44 has been reserved for payment by a nairalander yesterday.
Also, a nairaland top supplier in the properties sector is asking to buy 4 plots, keep it coming my people, we can do this!
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:52am On Apr 25, 2015
A group who might want to buy a large number of plots contacted me for inspection of this site, we went to see the land yesterday and I am waiting for their response. Expecting more sales in the coming days, happy weekend to you all.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spygadgets(m): 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Just passing
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by fintonline: 7:21am On Apr 28, 2015
How many plots are still available? Layout plan please!
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
fintonline:
How many plots are still available? Layout plan please!

Just about 26.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by fintonline: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Update with the layout plan of the remaining plots so that I will make my selection(s).

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
fintonline:
Update with the layout plan of the remaining plots so that I will make my selection(s).

Ok.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by erico2k2(m): 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
spyder880:

Plot measures an average of 60 x100. My mission is to see a site for a planned building, but we have plans to set up a similar estate plan in Awka later this year.
would you say 50x100 would contain 2x 1 bed flat under ,2x2 bed above and 3 bed duplex o n the side?
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
erico2k2:

would you say 50x100 would contain 2x 1 bed flat under ,2x2 bed above and 3 bed duplex o n the side?

l would say yes and no. Depending on what you draw on your building plan. cool
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
spyder880:

l would say yes and no. Depending on what you draw on your building plan. cool
Appreciated bro,I see you was i n ESUTh, I finished from there 1999 Mech Engin angry angry

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
fintonline:

l have just got your message, and I have replied your mail, thanks.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen, we are making steady progress. Two plots of land has just been paid for today. I will soon update the estate layout so the new owner can choose his plots.

More payments expected this week, Thanks all.
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:02am On Apr 30, 2015
For now, these are the plots of land that has been paid for, some numbers of plots are reserved for payment by some of us and we are expecting them to make payments so I can mark them 'sold'.

Meanwhile, the gentleman that paid for two plots yesterday can make his selections from the remaining plots, plots 6,48,50 and two others were reserved last week.

Updated layout plan.

Thanks.

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by fintonline: 5:31am On Apr 30, 2015
Hello Spyder

Thanks for the update. Please profile me on 43 and 45 plots.

Cheers!
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:19am On Apr 30, 2015
fintonline:
Hello Spyder

Thanks for the update. Please profile me on 43 and 45 plots.

Cheers!

Noted, I will make the updates as soon as possible. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Good day spider pls reserve plot number 6 or 27 for me.My name is Anu... Jus... ,I made payment and also called u. Thank u
Re: Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Principe:
Good day spider pls reserve plot number 6 or 27 for me.My name is Anu... Jus... ,I made payment and also called u. Thank u

I have got your deposit, plot number 6 is reserved for payment earlier. Please check and make another choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows / How Many Bedroooms Can Fit In A Half Plot Of Land....lagos / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.