Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Brutality Of Uniformed Men! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brutality Of Uniformed Men! (1171 Views)

Edwin Clark: I Was Told Tompolo’s Dad’s Leg Was Amputated Due To Army Brutality / Gov Tanko Al-makura Sanctions Aides' Brutality Of Innocent Female Motorist / Man Alleges Police Brutality At Sango Police Station, Ibadan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by GreenBobo: 7:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
This is the second time I have been unjustly brutalized by men in uniform (Mobile police and FRSC ) . First ,I was beaten and asked to JUMP into a gutter and swim, I refused, they kicked me with their boots and forcefully submerged my entire body into the stagnant gutter in broad day light at artillery junction in port - harcourt, Rivers state. Note: my offence was that I was at my uncle's place, and it seemed that they had some disagreement with my uncle! Obviously, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time!

I went to Udi in Enugu state (FRSC Academy ) to honour an interview invitation by FAAN. After spending more than 36 hours waiting for my turn to be interviewed, some FRSC officials came with some announcement: "If you know you didn't score 70 and above in the online assessment test, LEAVE!" before this announcement, , news has already filtered in that the interviewers are tired likewise the FRSC officials and their order was to discharge as many applicants as possible. Someone in the crowd (an applicant ) asked if he can ask a question, that was when hell was let loosed! FRSC officials started ranting, who are you asking questions? who is the person? and they randomly picked on me. They slapped me like a common thief. One of them brought a 2*2 wood to use on me, luckily, he didn't use it. And guess what? It was an elderly woman old enough to be my mother that ordered this massive harassment!

Well, at the moment, I don't have the resources to pursue this harassment to a logical conclusion. but, ka Chineke mezie okwu!
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by chat2deen(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Sorry bros! The only language we understand is brutality, wen dos boys massage u, did u report to the nearest police station?

Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by GreenBobo: 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
I went to the nearest police station , after 4 hours.of. thought insulting questions, they asked me to buy fuel for their hillux and pay some monies before they will go after the mopols! It was obvious they weren't ready to work, I declined to pay, and they almost repeated what those mopols did to ME!
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by arimahoseloka(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lol.. am so sorry to say, but Nigeria is finished. any body reading this should better look 4 a business u can do. its 4 Ur own good or u kukuma travel out gabadaya
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ordinary FRSC, Give a Nigerian a little power, and he makes himself a god. The academy you went to for the interview is in my village, and I'm just wondering whether they will also be intimidating my villagers. I kicked against it when it was coming, but nobody cared to listen.
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by Zuria(f): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Eiyah...its sad

But on a lighter note grin grin grin probably there's something about your look / face or you probably offended your village deity grin grin grin
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by yinchar(m): 12:05am On Mar 20, 2015
Zuria:
Eiyah...its sad

But on a lighter note grin grin grin probably there's something about your look / face or you probably offended your village deity grin grin grin
See a typical Nigerian mumu...smh
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by GreenBobo: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2015
Zuria:
Eiyah...its sad

Nne, there's nothing 'light' or 'lighter' about this very 'note'. Whether I look(ed) like a pastor or like a hardened criminal, I should be judged by a court of competent jurisdiction, based on the content of my character i.e based on what I've actually done. It shouldn't matter even if I look like my village deity. Kapish
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by GreenBobo: 9:45am On Mar 20, 2015
yinchar:

See a typical Nigerian mumu...smh
She no b mumu, just a function of 'suffering and smiling' ...U remember The Legendary Fela?
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by GreenBobo: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Oguguah:
Ordinary FRSC, Give a Nigerian a little power, and he makes himself a god. The academy you went to for the interview is in my village, and I'm just wondering whether they will also be intimidating my villagers. I kicked against it when it was coming, but nobody cared to listen.

They were not 'ordinary' that day .
At the slightest provocation, they will pull off their belts and threaten to use it on us!
They asked too many people to frog jump.
They asked many persons to lie face down- to lie down flat on the ground.
They verbally insulted most of us.
Note: All these were not part if the physical test, it was more like some sort of 'punishment' for one flimsy excuse they seem to always have handy.
That day was something else! At a point, I could do was 'laugh' ! LOL!!!
Re: Brutality Of Uniformed Men! by Zuria(f): 10:48am On Mar 20, 2015
GreenBobo:

Nne, there's nothing 'light' or 'lighter' about this very 'note'. Whether I look(ed) like a pastor or like a hardened criminal, I should be judged by a court of competent jurisdiction, based on the content of my character i.e based on what I've actually done. It shouldn't matter even if I look like my village deity. Kapish

Awww...sorry bro

Well, in every military formation, there's an Assailant Unit which takes care of military brutality to civilians...you can make a complaint and it will be handled. It also helps if you have a picture of the injury you sustained.

I don't know how the FRSC works ( I've never heard them this brutal) but I think they should have a unit that handles such.
GreenBobo:
I went to the nearest police station , after 4 hours.of. thought insulting questions, they asked me to buy fuel for their hillux and pay some monies before they will go after the mopols! It was obvious they weren't ready to work, I declined to pay, and they almost repeated what those mopols did to ME!

(1) (Reply)

Photo: I Know Where Chibok Girls Are Kept – Female Boko Haram Escapee / Governor Okorocha Placed Under House Arrest (photo) / Jonathan’s Loss Due To Irregularities — Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.