Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. (646 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2017 Prophecy: "They Will Try To Remove Osinbajo, VP / When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Religious Leader Ask 400 Members To Cut Off Private Parts To Get Close To God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. by talentarena(m): 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
why dose it seem like each time I try to get close to God I get into troubles, this feelings makes me feel I shouldn't be close to God. What can I do about this?

True experience @ saint joseph ovensehi
Re: Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. by godsamist: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Well you didn't mention ur background as a child of God.
So recheck your foundation as a bornagain,certain things needs your attention.
Also note well,getting into knowing God must be contested,its not an easy road bros,because angels are waiting at the other side to say welcome my faithful servant!
I tell you what keeps you away or contending with your maker,need the fight of your life...don't ever relent in this fight of faith..heaven don't entertain excuses..so fight on brother,it shall never be in vain!
Re: Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. by ebenice(m): 4:23am On Mar 19, 2015
getting close to God has it attached-challenges, its a height above the ordinary though simple but tactful

remember the words of JESUS if any man realy wants to be my diciple, he must take up his cross and follow me. cross bearing here could pass for challenges but its not a yardstick to now back off....you have to keep going and enduring. you facing challenge might just be a mind set or devil trick to condition your mind that any trouble happenning at such moment is as a result of you getting close to God. dont buy that, reject that mind trick. but you must also know that following God closely may not be rossey everytime yet dont give up

if truely you realy mean it with all sincerity then belive and trust God to help you along, He will never leave you or forsake you. God is near you. dont be afraid to go nearer to Him. He cares, saves, heals and guarantee your safety

God bless you
Re: Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. by Paulscholari(m): 4:54am On Mar 19, 2015
talentarena:
why dose it seem like each time I try to get close to God I get into troubles, this feelings makes me feel I shouldn't be close to God. What can I do about this?

True experience @ saint joseph ovensehi
what kind of troubles ?
Re: Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. by Aizenosa(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2015
Let me explain something to u here, dis world we live in,we are not of it and it belongs to d devil, d devil will never disturb u if u are walking in his ways, but d moment u say am for Jesus and start working towards it man u are like all eyes on me (d devil does everything in his power to make u give up Christ). So my advise to u is dat no matter hw long or hw many times u sin as far as u have set ur mind dat u must get closer to God through constant prayer(communicating with God), learning about Him(His teachings and His Ominipotence), STRIVING to live in accordance with His will(growing in faith cuz u conquer obstacles), asking forgiveness each time u fall(learning about His unending love and mercy) and lastly learning to love like Him(He died for u and me, a kind of love the world will never understand) den i believe u will stop feeling d way u are, d above is easy to type but not easy to do but den we have Hope cuz d reward we have been promised is a life of unending happiness and joy. God loves u
Re: Why Dose It Seem Like Each Time I Try To Get Close To God I Get Into Troubles. by sunnshyn(f): 11:41am On Mar 19, 2015
Do not allow the devil keep winning you...

I remember I was once like you. In fact, I remember vividly then that each time I plan to fast, say for 7 days... OMG!! From day 1 I start getting into physically troubles..and then I'll stop. It continued until I met my DH who counselled me.

See dear, go to God, you need to be continually entrenched in God's words, so you know that the troubles you see are devices of the devil, to keep you from getting close to God. I call them now a "mirage". Resist the devil and he will flee from you(I do this all the time now), trust God and his words whole-heartedly remember the bible says a double-minded man cannot receive anything from the lord. Keep building your faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God.

So for each hurdle or trouble or trial you face and conquer, you keep building up. And keep going...that's why you see that if you for example can conquer headache with the word of God, when something bigger comes you would have been better prepared to conquer it too..be strong in the lord and in the power of his might.

In retrospect, I have realized that the devil just wants you where you are. Not serving God and "maybe" not serving him too. Just somewhat stagnant...the devil knows that where you are headed is better than where you are now, so he's doing everything to keep you from getting there.

I leave you with my newest favourite bible passage -

Is. 41 :10. Fear not, for I am with you, be not be dismayed, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with my right hand of righteousness.

Before I leave, please always sieve what you read, hear or see...most especially on this religion section of Nairaland...some of the kinds of stuffs placed here can make one believe there's no God.

God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Like Nollywood Movie, A Man Suddenly turn Mad, Delivered By A Passerby Christian / Christian Sleep In Mosque Is It A Sin?? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/07/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.