Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market (16699 Views)

CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To / CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips / Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by cocoduck: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
AT OLAS24U
the US dollar rose against every currency on earth Naira included
The American economy is booming therefore most investors around the world are all trying to cash in and they are now throwing so much money into the country they will have to buy US dollars to do that . That is why the currency's value rose against every other currency. BTW the interest rate has been kept below zero by the federal reserve for a long time now and yesterday they agreed to raise it. The world economy has been financed with cheap dollars and suddenly the dollar has found its value up
econs 101
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by ladylaurel(f): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
On a serious note, I've been buying from d black market for as long as I can remember.

What's d process involved in buying from d interbank market? undecided
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by babasanti: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Maisuya1:
THIS IS SERIOUS. IMMAGINE THE CBN SENDING US A LETTER YESTERDAY THAT WE SHOULD GO AND SOURCE FOR FOREX IN THE BLACK MARKET, THEY CAN'T COPE ANYMORE, AM TELLING U NIGERIA IS IN FOR IT. (MEANWHILE OUR ORGANIZATION IS NO 1 IN NIGERIA PROVIDING BOTH FOSSIL AND RENEWABLE ENERGY) IMMAGINE SUCH ORGANIZATION SCALES BACK OPERATION, THE LOSS OF LIVELIHOODS, GAP IN ENERGY MARKET ETC.

THIS GOVERNMENT DOESNT REALLY GIVE A DAMN.

Shut up
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
cocoduck:
AT OLAS24U
The American economy is booming therefore most investors around the world are all trying to cash in and they are now throwing so much money into the country they will have to buy US dollars to do that . That is why the currency's value rose against every other currency. BTW the interest rate has been kept below zero by the federal reserve for a long time now and yesterday they agreed to raise it. The world economy has been financed with cheap dollars and suddenly the dollar has found its value up
econs 101

This is a text book ,in Nigeria ,the reason for the dollar increasing is because of demand and supply the politicians are buying the money ,its easy to move it around and settle people easily.which investor is going to come to this jungle without electricity.forgot about that there are other destination, foreigners like this place because of the easy money, zero taxation and the corruption,they get away with everything they do here
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by cocoduck: 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=olas24u post=31780327]

This is a text book ,in Nigeria ,the reason for the dollar i

Ola na ike(nyash)
unreasonable people like you are our biggest problems you think Nigeria is made by God and every other country is made by the devil, even the CFA franc that is known for stability has been severly affected including rubles euro and British pound has been affected right now in a place like Dubai and even China EVERY body are complaining about high cost of Goods because of the fact that the world exchange rate is done with the dollar as a point of refrence Travel and see the world you local champion
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
grin[quote author=cocoduck post=31780754][/quote]

grin
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by slimfit1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
cocoduck:

SHUT UP the dollar ROSE against EVERY currency on the planet, but it would soon come down because it hurts the American economy, making them get foreign goods cheaply but will pass through hell to export their goods eg Cars. So don't say what you do not know.

Rose after 6 years rose to 217 which rose are you talking about negative rose or positive one ? This your rose get k leg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=cocoduck post=31780754][/quote]

You are very funny and i am laughing at your emotional outburst .There are more additional information to your argument which you did not mention which indicates that you may not be aware of it .I never told you know to much ,and you say i should see the world .And i am a local champion. grin

O ba iya grin
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by cocoduck: 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
at SLIMFIT1
IT is obvious that you failed primary English
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by cocoduck: 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
at OLAS24U
Yes I mean it when I suggested you should travel and see for yourself
this currency stuff is not limited to Nigeria
local champion
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 2:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
cocoduck:
at OLAS24U
local champion

You are still hanging on point and makes you more ignorant,Rubbles crashed because of market manipulations and a systematic approach to bring down the government of that country .Dont put me into trouble .The Nigerian naira is not stable because of so many factors ,we import refined oil ,and you need to bring in fuel ,pms,koresine,diesel,bitumen, fertilizers , HDP,LDP all bye products of Crude are all imported and you need to buy buy dollars to buy them.Now what about if you refine them locally from your crude what will happen,you will not purchase dollars any more because its available locally .so the pressure of buying dollars reduces. The higher the demand the higher the prices ,the lower the demand for the dollars,the lower the prices .so translate it to politicians at this time changing all their Naira to dollars with all the local consumption being imported .your shoes are imported,your ,panties are imported,your shirt ,so what is produced in your country.

2 Likes

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by sevule(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
olas24u:

You are still hanging on point and makes you more ignorant,Rubbles crashed because of market manipulations and a systematic approach to bring down the government of that country .Dont put me into trouble .The Nigerian naira is not stable because of so many factors ,we import refined oil ,and you need to bring in fuel ,pms,koresine,diesel,bitumen, fertilizers , HDP,LDP all bye products of Crude are all imported and you need to buy buy dollars to buy them.Now what about if you refine them locally from your crude what will happen,you will not purchase dollars any more because its available locally .so the pressure of buying dollars reduces. The higher the demand the higher the prices ,the lower the demand for the dollars,the lower the prices .so translate it to politicians at this time changing all their Naira to dollars with all the local consumption being imported .your shoes are imported,your ,panties are imported,your shirt ,so what is produced in your country.

Sister your analysis is SPOT ON![/b]Why do you even try to educate someone who has refused to be educated??

Of course the reason that the Naira is falling is because of our over dependence on foreign imports and fuel. And despite the fact that oil consistently sold at its highest price ever we have [b]ABSOLUTELY
nothing to show for it! In fact our foreign reserves are now much lower than when Jonathan entered power and yet some people are so daft as to be saying GEJ till 2019.

If Jonathan comes back to power don't be surprised that the Naira would eventually hit N350 to a dollar. If he couldn't manage our resources when oil was selling at over $120 a barrel please how would he be able to manage it now that oil is selling at $30 a barrel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by ologundudu7(m): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=4bobo post=31776295]Jonathannnnnnnnnnn. All these dollars you are sharing, there is goooodddduuuuuuuooooooooo.

On a serious note, let us just imagine if Jonathan wins, what will happen in the next four years? We have never had it bad like this. Look at the budget, recurrence expenditure vs capital expenditure? Many states will really know whats up in the next few months.
God , whom have we offended as a citizen to deserve these hardships? As i am typing , i have been looking for petrol t

Hia,nna u scared me like say na rapture come and i no make am.nwayo ehn?Oluwa is involved.Another 4more years of Jonachadnezar?Tu fia.
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by ologundudu7(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
politricks:
Are you okay

I bet he/she is not.
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by cocoduck: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
sevule and olas24u
you are just local champions the FALL IN CURRENCY VALUES IS A FVCKING GLOBAL TREND. NIT JUST OIL CRASH OKAY THEN EXPLAIN TO ME YOU KNUCKLE HEADS WHY EVEN THE GBP IS ALSO AFFECTED THE CFA FRANC THAT IS KNOWN FOR STABILITY IS ALSO AFFECTED LOOK I AM AN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIAN I BUY SOME SPARE PARTS AND TOOLS I USE TO WORK FROM DUBAI MY COLLEAGUES IN GABON FOR EXAMPLE HAVE NOT TRAVELD BECAUSE THEY BUY DOLLARS THERE BEFORE TRAVELING SO NOW THE AMOUT OF FCFA THEY NEED TO USE TO BUY A DOLLAR HAS RISEN WHICH WILL EQUALLY MAKE THEIR GOODS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE BEFORE WHEN I WAS THERE 1 MILLION CFA WILL GIVE U $2000 BUT NOW THEY HAVE TO ADD A FURTHER 200000 CFA TO GET $2000 SO MR AND MRS LOCAL CHAMPION I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT AND IT IS WHY I USED ALL CAPS SO LET IT SINK INTO UR FVCKING THICK SKULLS
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
cocoduck:
sevule and olas24u
you are just local champions the FALL IN CURRENCY VALUES IS A FVCKING GLOBAL TREND. NIT JUST OIL CRASH OKAY THEN EXPLAIN TO ME YOU KNUCKLE HEADS WHY EVEN THE GBP IS ALSO AFFECTED THE CFA FRANC THAT IS KNOWN FOR STABILITY IS ALSO AFFECTED LOOK I AM AN AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIAN I BUY SOME SPARE PARTS AND TOOLS I USE TO WORK FROM DUBAI MY COLLEAGUES IN GABON FOR EXAMPLE HAVE NOT TRAVELD BECAUSE THEY BUY DOLLARS THERE BEFORE TRAVELING SO NOW THE AMOUT OF FCFA THEY NEED TO USE TO BUY A DOLLAR HAS RISEN WHICH WILL EQUALLY MAKE THEIR GOODS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE BEFORE WHEN I WAS THERE 1 MILLION CFA WILL GIVE U $2000 BUT NOW THEY HAVE TO ADD A FURTHER 200000 CFA TO GET $2000 SO MR AND MRS LOCAL CHAMPION I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT AND IT IS WHY I USED ALL CAPS SO LET IT SINK INTO UR FVCKING THICK SKULLS

No wonder you are looking at the picture on a mirco level ,spare part level.you can never understand.
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by cocoduck: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
at olsa24u
I only gave an example, a practical one for that matter and at least now you know it is not unique to Naira BTW i work on modern computer controlled cars I use advanced tools for diagnostics and not what you are accustomed to
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by benzion72(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
At least we have close to 2 Million nairalander. I beg make we go tell Jona make him come vist us too so we can share our own dollar. Sai Buhari
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by bdidi: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
cocoduck:

SHUT UP the dollar ROSE against EVERY currency on the planet, but it would soon come down because it hurts the American economy, making them get foreign goods cheaply but will pass through hell to export their goods eg Cars. So don't say what you do not know.

Very on point!

You are the only educated person here.

Kudos to you.

If you will agree with me, I don't know why some people here sleep while their eyes remains open. It really beats my imagination with some very unintelligent comments.

Most people don't understand the very workings of micro economics, macroeconomics and the foreign exchange as it affects the global market and world economy especially with the fall in the oil price.

Na the president make the oil price fall?

Some people here have been delusional since the flintstone era!

Once again my friends thanks!
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by toluxa1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
mayorall:
Oga toluxa1 . I site you. Anything for your boy?.

Haa. Mayor fun rare. Okunrin meta. Longest time bro. Make una release the greenback make people see goods buy na. cheesy

Nothing jare,....How biz /sch
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by bdidi: 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
olas24u:

As much as I understand your comments very well, I want to ask? What has the past Govt of over 40 yrs done to revamp the refineries?

Ask America how long it took them to begin to enjoy local production

The turnaround revamping of the refineries is on going. You cannot use 6yrs to put that particular sub sector of the economy right.

The refinery Dangote is building, how long has it been.

The problem I see here is that some few Nigerians are benefiting from these whole Oil debacle from the very beginning oil was discovered in Nigeria and they don't want to let go.

Why is the PIB in the house for so many years not passed into law because they know once that is done, their grip in the oil sector is grounded. And it will now be for everybody to invest in that sector. And that will make it a viable sector and more employment. Private refineries will spring up to meet up with importation.

What GEJ is doing at the moment is to diversify the economy- bringing back Agriculture to its former position. That's transformation and its always a gradual process.

You made mention of excess crude account and what has happened to it been depleted. I can tell you that lots of capital projects have been on going especially in the power sector. The transformation there is very capital intensive. At least in his administration, I can see visible what is going on there unlike the past govts.

Rather than wasting time abusing the president, we should be productive enough in putting our dear country in prayers in these trying time. GEJ, GMB would come and go but our country will still remain except you fall in the category of those who want us to disintegrate. And please have it at back of your mind that I am not in any way dissing you!

Am only looking at it from a different point of view.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by Karleb(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
Now this is funny! grin

Imagine a CBN staff that would rather stay anonymous threatening the USD bulls that the bucks will go down like CBN controls the US Dollar, that's the highest height of comedy I've ever heard! grin

I don't need economics to tell me that the scarcer a product, the higher the demand. Abeg ride on with the bulls USD! cool

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by Tinyemeka(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
I was expecting to read something new. undecided
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by Rostel2: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2015
tola9ja:
jonathan have distributed everything to the obas grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lets go and meet the obas and get it back
Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2015
cocoduck:
at OLAS24U
local champion

1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2015
bdidi:

Very on point!

You are the only educated person here.

Kudos to you.

If you will agree with me, I don't know why some people here sleep while their eyes remains open. It really beats my imagination with some very unintelligent comments.

Most people don't understand the very workings of micro economics, macroeconomics and the foreign exchange as it affects the global market and world economy especially with the fall in the oil price.

Na the president make the oil price fall?

Some people here have been delusional since the flintstone era!

Once again my friends thanks!

1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
bdidi:

As much as I understand your comments very well, I want to ask? What has the past Govt of over 40 yrs done to revamp the refineries?

Ask America how long it took them to begin to enjoy local production

The turnaround revamping of the refineries is on going. You cannot use 6yrs to put that particular sub sector of the economy right.

The refinery Dangote is building, how long has it been.

The problem I see here is that some few Nigerians are benefiting from these whole Oil debacle from the very beginning oil was discovered in Nigeria and they don't want to let go.

Why is the PIB in the house for so many years not passed into law because they know once that is done, their grip in the oil sector is grounded. And it will now be for everybody to invest in that sector. And that will make it a viable sector and more employment. Private refineries will spring up to meet up with importation.

What GEJ is doing at the moment is to diversify the economy- bringing back Agriculture to its former position. That's transformation and its always a gradual process.

You made mention of excess crude account and what has happened to it been depleted. I can tell you that lots of capital projects have been on going especially in the power sector. The transformation there is very capital intensive. At least in his administration, I can see visible what is going on there unlike the past govts.

Rather than wasting time abusing the president, we should be productive enough in putting our dear country in prayers in these trying time. GEJ, GMB would come and go but our country will still remain except you fall in the category of those who want us to disintegrate. And please have it at back of your mind that I am not in any way dissing you!

Am only looking at it from a different point of view.

God bless you.

1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
cocoduck:
sevule and olas24u

1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
cocoduck:
at OLAS24U
local champion

1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by olas24u(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
cocoduck:
AT OLAS24U
econs 101

1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of Dollars Hits FOREIGN EXCHANGE Market by makzeze: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
supply outweights demand now. dollar depreciated. now 175 in bdv

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Story Behind Coscharis – The Auto Business Mogul / Ex-employee Sues Bank For N100 Billion / What Business Can I Start With 50,000naira In Lagos'( :'( :'(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.