Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To (8934 Views)

Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market / Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million / Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 09, 2017
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has released an additional sum of $388.66million to ease pressure on the naira, stimulate business activities and make foreign exchange (Forex) accessible to local operators. Confirming the numbers, the Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department at the CBN, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, disclosed that the sum of $87.885million was for spot sales, while $300.8 million was sold as forwards.

Mr. Okorafor further explained that the forwards were sold into three tenors of 30, 45 and 60 days respectively. According to him, the Bank sold $100.95 as 30-day forwards; $110.48 million as 45-day forwards and $99.37 as 60-day forwards.

Meanwhile, First City Monument Bank (FCMB) has increased its sale of Forex to all customers and members of the public who play in the Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) sector, manufacturing, Corporate Bodies as well as individuals. This is obvious in the return on utilisation of allocated FX published weekly by FCMB in national newspapers as demanded by the Apex Bank.

Inquiries made by our reporter confirmed that FCMB has been receiving its requested Forex from the CBN and has seamlessly met its obligations in the sale of Forex to all categories of
businesses and individuals as approved by the regulator. CBN has since resumed the sale of Forex to the lender, indicating that the Bank has been readmitted into the spot and wholesale strata of the foreign exchange market by the CBN.

However, the CBN, in the last few days, has extended Forex of various amounts to First City Monument Bank (FCMB) for invisible transactions, SME utilization, SMIS-Wholesale (30-day forward) and SMIS- Retail (Spot). It was also confirmed that about 5.77.06 billion litres of petroleum products valued at N760.44 billion were imported into the country in the first quarter of 2017. For this Nigerians are expected not to entertain any fear about a possible scarcity of petroleum products. The figures were the results of the bids submitted by dealers since Tuesday, May 2, 2017.

The CBN has continued with its intervention in the Bureau de Change (BDC) segment of the market to meet the needs of low-end users, the spokesman said the Apex Bank remained resolute in ensuring that it supplies enough forex to genuine customers and in the process, sustain liquidity in the market. With this development, Mr. Okorafor expressed hope that the CBN would inch even much closer to its objective of convergence of the rates in the interbank and BDC segments.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/cbn-injects-38866m-into-foreign.html

Lalasticlala

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by eezeribe(m): 10:13pm On May 09, 2017
CBN under Emefiele has been dishing out policies by Trial and error.

Ministry of finance under Adeosun has been dishing out policies by permutations.

Federal government under Buhari has been dishing out policies by guess work.

INDEED,THERE WAS A COUNTRY!

15 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by daamazing(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2017
Inject? Like using injection? Op come and explain yasef o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by darezeezleke: 7:22am On May 10, 2017
We hope this will help bring dollar down a bit and increase the value of the naira.

Nigeria is so tough and expensive to live and do business in.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by PresidentMUGABE: 7:22am On May 10, 2017
Keep pumping

2 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by coolestchris(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2017
Why is it that during america recession their dollar was still strong, it seems this dollar is a god on It's own

watch out for my new song titled "cucumber"
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by LionDeLeo: 7:23am On May 10, 2017
FCMB increased sales?

Pls when will cbn increase foreign currency withdrawal from Naira-denominated accounts?

1 Like

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by BiggyBamBam: 7:23am On May 10, 2017
Dollars meant to boost Abokis business, who operates Bureau De Change
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Nobody: 7:24am On May 10, 2017
Things fall apart!

1 Like

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by jericco1(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2017
I still don't see the use, when the price of things are the same or higher in the market.

1 Like

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2017
Nigeria is sick so keep injecting, Hw I wish d Dr is not also sick
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by DollarAngel(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2017
Rather than looking for a lasting solution, they opt for an temporal, ephemeral solution, The biggest problem of Nigeria is that we have visionless leaders, they care and focus only on the present, then people still ask why are not growing

2 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Believe7(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2017
are there seriously kiding me?..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by michaelfriday44(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2017
I hope is not our budget money. lol
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by CheezyCharles(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2017
they keep injecting and naira is not responding to treatment . maybe she doesn't like injection cos I don tire oh..... 10,000 Ghc(ghana cedis) = 1million just imagine

3 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by MrGreenMavro: 7:28am On May 10, 2017
cheesy

When CBN turn Doctor wey dem dy inject inject? angry angry angry
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by SweetJoystick(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2017
Make debit cards work oh angry
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Repairnigeria(m): 7:29am On May 10, 2017
naija
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by pat1612(m): 7:29am On May 10, 2017
The day i get dollar against my pending form M numbering 12 for nov 2014 to jan 2016 from FCMB, sterling,diamond is day i will believe all this nonsense angry
Till then parallel market is lifeline for business in this country and helping country to survive or would have collapse last year cry
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by ybalogs(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2017
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians. Good morning Nairalanders.
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by toluleke(m): 7:32am On May 10, 2017
I just now when buhari is away osinbajo keeps trying to ease the economic. I just wish the man could contest in 2019. He understand the system better than this old polithieficians. He knows the law and well groomed. He may be corrupt but not that wild like the melaiye,tinubu and sariki etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Nobody: 7:34am On May 10, 2017
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by gambus007(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2017
coolestchris:
Why is it that during america recession their dollar was still strong, it seems this dollar is a god on It's own

watch out for my new song titled "cucumber"
They prinited alot of dollars during recession. na dia money grin
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Funjosh(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2017
Diebyfire05:
Things fall apart!

And Nigeria is no longer at ease. embarassed

1 Like

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Nobody: 7:37am On May 10, 2017
there is hope for this Economy
Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Nobody: 7:38am On May 10, 2017
Osinbajo is working

1 Like

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by SEOManiac: 7:40am On May 10, 2017
Osinbajo again.

Determined to strengthen the naira

1 Like

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by sekem: 7:41am On May 10, 2017
eezeribe:
CBN under Emefiele has been dishing out policies by Trial and error.

Ministry of finance under Adeosun has been dishing out policies by permutations.

Federal government under Buhari has been dishing out policies by guess work.

INDEED,THERE WAS A COUNTRY!

Just so you know, Every "success" you see in this world came as a result of trial and errors

2 Likes

Re: CBN Injects $388.66m Into Foreign Exchange Market As FCMB Increases Sales To by Techpaded(f): 7:42am On May 10, 2017
nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds / My Debit Card Is Retained In Atm Machine. / Please Everyone: Help! N174,800 Was Withdrawn From My UBA Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.