Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

The Letter Kills But The Spirit Gives Life! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Letter Kills But The Spirit Gives Life! (425 Views)

Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? / Please I Want To Join A Choir And I Need Ideas On How To Write The Letter. / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Letter Kills But The Spirit Gives Life! by kay1one2(m): 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
We've all had our experiences with resolutions; new year or otherwise. One thing is common; the flesh is Intrinsically weak to overpower most of our desires.
This was what the Jews did for over a thousand years but fell on various occasions. The sacrifices at the temple however were a temporary reprieve from sin and never a permanent solution.
The permanent fix came in the form of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who by His death in the cross mimicked the sacrifices being offered at the temple. By being the Son of the Most High God, His sacrifice provides a once and for all cleansing from our sins. Those who still try to attain righteousness or freedom from sin by following a set of rules found in many false religions today or set up by a person's self, face an insurmountable challenge that can only be conquered by accepting Christ Jesus as Lord and Saviour and walking in the light of that revelation!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Pray? / The Right Hand Of God / Please Read!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.