Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) (7568 Views)

Jonathan Visits Polling Stations In Zambia (Photos) / Chris Ngige In Zambia At ARLAC 42nd Ordinary Session (Photos) / ‘Prayer Man’ Tries To Revive Abubakar Audu, Confusion In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by ebiagtales: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
grin grin
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by deekseen(m): 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
When will these lies from these bloggers end? About this time last year this same pic popped up all over the internet, embarrassing Ghanaians. This time it's the Zambians. Here's the gist from last year:

[Quote]Wonders they say shall never end.
According to the Holy Scripture,
that in the end time fake prophets
shall arise…
An occurrence recently in Accra,
the capital city of Ghana
reaffirmed what the bible
predicted when a man who called
himself Jesus Christ visited the
African city and created uproar.
The ‘Jesus Christ’ who struck a
resemblance with the real Jesus
Christ of Nazareth judging from
pictures from holy books and
church paintings appeared on the
streets, dressed in robe and
gladiator sandals and was with
the company of a group of other
expatriates.
The strange occurrence held the
city in frenzy with the news
quickly spreading and residents of
the capital city gathering to greet,
touch and take photographs with
him.
A source later revealed that the
‘Jesus Christ’ is an actor that
came to Ghana on location to
shoot a movie on the birth of
Jesus Christ. The man, a Spanish
whose real name was given as
Gonzalez Gomez is a look-alike of
the biblical Jesus Christ and has
always been the choice of movie
producers and directors whenever
they are shooting a movie that
depicts the life and times of Jesus
Christ.
The shy actor who claimed to
have gotten used to the attraction
his appearance gets him, said he
has found himself in many
embarrassing circumstances but
he only saw his physical
resemblance with Jesus Christ as
a mere work of nature.
Gonzalez claimed he first acted
the role of Jesus Christ at a
theatre in France when he was 18
years old and that his picture had
been used severally for calendars
and almanacs.
The actor who will be working in
Accra for 2 weeks is taking a lead
role in a movie titled CHRIST.[/quote]

thestreetjournal.org/2014/02/uproar-in-accra-as-jesus-visits-ghana/#14267880029941&{"type":"settings","argument":"","result":null}
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Sparkle777(f): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
BushidoBlue:

It's interesting that you say "looks like the Jesus we see in media and pix", because:
1) no one can really tell what Jesus looks like. Actually no one. Reason being that all those who saw Him on earth are long dead (obviously) and the last biblical recorded description we have of Him is of having hair as white as wool and shining with like the sun.
2) Renaissance painters and sculptors modelled the images they made of Jesus on bearded Italian male models. Jesus has Jewish looks, not Caucasian. Yes I know you would ask aren't there white Jews but remember that He lived before the final destruction of Jerusalem and the scattering of Jews from the holy land. (in fact the name Jews comes from the tribe of Judah, people believe that some other tribes of Israel are lost in other nations.)

Referring back to the old testament, remember that the Israelites were warned in the 1st commandment not to have any graven image of anything in heaven or earth and also to not bow down or worship any such image.
Christians need to be careful not to also have "media or pix " images of Jesus.

You re obviously very right. This matter should be talked abt in churches et al. Ppl nid to know. Tnx again.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Sparkle777(f): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
olapluto:

The picture of that Italian man adorns many churches in Nigeria, with some even kneeling to worship him.
If I can contact this guy, I will make millions from Nigerians.

Lolz, runs guy grin.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Horlawoomey(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lolz....... BROS J comes to town. Some people are so brainwashed to the extent that they will hang the Leonardo Da Vinci-drawn version of Jesus in their rooms and worship places.

I am a believer of Christ being a Messiah to his people but not a believer in the circulated image of Jesus. Like my Christian friend will say " If you believe him, he should reside in your heart"

Some even went to the extent of creating a sculpture of him.

1 Like

Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by mycar: 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure the man knew what he was doing.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Sanchez01: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2015
That's a very old picture of a supposed Jesus on a movie set. It's as old as five years ago
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by diamondpaul(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
@ shikaan soroniyen...?
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by kelvin1191(m): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
The tourist too do! Na so tourist de dress? See as e turn my people to mumu!
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by 400billionman: 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
shikaan:
lmao.. it would have been worse if he went to ibadan.

No kill me with laughter

Wetin for happen in Ibadan ?
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by 400billionman: 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
Pick pockets everywhere..

Hope that man had no wallet on him ?
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by wisemrtortoise: 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2015

Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by gebest: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dont blasphem against Jesus christ.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Move to front page!!
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by MizMyColi(f): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
But Jesus is Dead na.
His spirit is what's alive in us today.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Moana(f): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2015
He knows exactly what he was doing
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by alrahmanonline(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2015
asadike:
Lol. Oh my God! I can't stop laughing o. Chai! Africans na wah o. Lol cheesy
guy, forget! if you see the Man yourself your mind go shake
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Kingspin(m): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2015
Is far better than Boko haram and their faith. Am nt a spiritual man but i love peace, freedom than bombs.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Kingspin(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Is far better than Boko haram and their faith. Am nt a spiritual man but i love peace, freedom than bombs. Abeg let him run for his life before islamic bombers arrive.
Re: Panic And Confusion In Zambia As 'jesus' Came To Town (PIX) by Vicotex(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plan To Make Osinbajo President Will Fail - Arewa Youths Tell Yoruba Leaders / What Will Be Tinubu Reaction After Reading This Headline - Photo / We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.