Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here (17681 Views)

Turkey Farmers Lets Meet Here / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
still expecting rain........
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Farming is capital consuming project. Please, first time farmer check your pocket. Dont farm with money meant for your home welfare. Maintain balance. Be a good farmer, be a good farmer. tnx

2 Likes

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:31am On Apr 26, 2015
Moring
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2015
First time farmers..........allow yourself to make mistakes, but try to avoid silly ones. Likewise, access yourself regularly to do timely corrections. you will become stronger by doing so. If you afraid mistakes, you wont grow stronger in the field.

1 Like

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by lekxyG: 11:35am On May 02, 2015
Nice one @ Olamimo, am also a farmer and my Farm is in Oke-Ogun area of oyo state, special in Cucumber, Tomatoes, Greet pepper, Chilin Pepper, Raddish, Marrow etc and am Also a dealer at mile 12 Lagos
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by Pavore9: 11:44am On May 02, 2015
lekxyG:
Nice one @ Olamimo, am also a farmer and my Farm is in Oke-Ogun area of oyo state, special in Cucumber, Tomatoes, Greet pepper, Chilin Pepper, Raddish, Marrow etc and am Also a dealer at mile 12 Lagos

What is your current production capacity of Capsicum (green pepper) and do you also cultivate the yellow variety?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by jethro2: 2:28pm On May 02, 2015
lekxyG:
Where in Oke Ogun are you?
Nice to see someone in Oke Ogun Axis
Would love to visit your farm to see Marrow and sweet pepper

1 Like

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:32pm On May 02, 2015
@ jethro weldon Ma.whatsapp contact pls?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by jethro2: 7:50pm On May 02, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
@ jethro weldon Ma.whatsapp contact pls?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:20pm On May 02, 2015
jethro2:

tnx
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2015
good night ooooo
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2015
@lekcyG.......keep d gud job moving. pls lets chat on whatsapp 07038374167
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:45pm On May 03, 2015
Thank God it rains right now
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by stagger: 9:02pm On May 03, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Farmers without irrigation system in place, hw is farming oooooo? rain ceased. in ibadan no rainfall since thursday 9-4-15.

Here in Nasarawa state, there have been only 3 rains this year: 2 of them in March, and one that fell yesterday 2/5/2015. I am sinking a borehole in my farm location because the paucity of rain combined with the announcement on radio by NIMET I heard in March is going to make this an unstable season for rain-fed farming.

1 Like

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:31pm On May 03, 2015
stagger:

Here in Nasarawa state, there have been only 3 rains this year: 2 of them in March, and one that fell yesterday 2/5/2015. I am sinking a borehole in my farm location because the paucity of rain combined with the announcement on radio by NIMET I heard in March is going to make this an unstable season for rain-fed farming.
Good idea strenghtened by financial power................lol. It rained here in Ibadan, Oyo State today 3-5-15
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:33pm On May 04, 2015
My people on this thread...........pls make sure you have a good store on farm just to keep your things. Today, i wanted to spray herbicide. I did the mixing. Filled the sprayer. As i raised the tank to mount it, ......guess what happen. hunnnmm? Okete(Big rodent) has gnawed at the belt. No means of mounting the sprayer. I hav to adjust the belt and re-tighten it.
The lesson for all; keep your farm implements very well
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by abdoolorunwa(m): 10:19pm On May 04, 2015
Noble farmer, I feel there is a missing link to your strategy.
maybe you should start thinking SARO AGROCHEMICALS, the farmers friend.
All farmers know this is the future for them. cheers
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
abdoolorunwa:
Noble farmer, I feel there is a missing link to your strategy.
maybe you should start thinking SARO AGROCHEMICALS, the farmers friend.
All farmers know this is the future for them. cheers
Tell me about it. SARO AGROCHEMICALS is premixed? it needs no sprayer? it kills unseen rodents? it could be left uncatered for? pls tel me bros
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2015
pls intending farmers.......stop calculating profit before you set out. Agriculture is not practised that way.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by Plaitex(f): 9:53am On May 11, 2015
@olamimo12, i am an intending farmer with a waterlogged piece of land planning to start small. What kind of crops or vegies can be planted on it. Thanks
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by sunboy(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2015
@Olamimi: following you bumper to bumper. Will whatsapp u in a bit.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by bakeuhappy: 5:39pm On May 12, 2015
Perpetual459:
hello house,pls how do i prepare bed for ugwu(pumpkin)?is it even advisable to plant this season
hello perpetual.i am new in farming just started mine 2wks ago.ur bed shouldnt be deep and ugu seeds r planted in 3s in each hole u make.it should be watered day n night.mine was planted on d 26 n its doing well.i

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by bakeuhappy: 6:01pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=Perpetual459 post=31816149]hello house,pls how do i prepare bed for ugwu(pumpkin)?is it even advisable to plant this season[/quote
hello ma.i am very new to farming started my ugu on d 27th of april n i was advised for d bed not to be deep.yes pls do plant this season n i ts planted in threes.c a pix of my own for better idea

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:25pm On May 12, 2015
@ bakeuhappy......thanks for posting this. you answer the question that has been pegged.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by bakeuhappy: 5:57pm On May 13, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Hello.......am Olamimo. I'm a first time farmer in fruits and vegetables production(Cucumber/Watermelon). Am writing this thread to share my little knowledge with like minded peopple.
Starting farming(crop production), like other aspect of agribusiness, involves many things ranging from which crop to go for, land aquisition, labour palava, soil preparation, ......etc.
From the little i have witnessed, I strongly believe, someone will benefit.Moreso, with this thread older farmers will assist both me and my peers in our new endeavour.

Stay following

Intending farmers ................I have some grams of sugar baby seeds. Am giving it out for free. The seeds are very viable. Anyone intrested in having it should contact me.
Thank

hello sir.pls i sm interested.can we chat via whatsapp. 08026555999 many thanks
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:17am On May 16, 2015
bakeuhappy:
hello sir.pls i sm interested.can we chat via whatsapp. 08026555999 many thanks
I sent you whatsapp message, but you failed to reply.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by bakeuhappy: 4:10pm On May 16, 2015
i am truly very sorry about that.pls do check ur whatsapp.many thanks for understanding
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:47pm On May 16, 2015
bakeuhappy:
i am truly very sorry about that.pls do check ur whatsapp.many thanks for understanding
kk
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by emperoracro(m): 6:51am On May 18, 2015
I deal with marketing and distribution of Agricultural products including Palm oil, Garri and plantains. I buy in other states where these products are produced enmass and sell in Lagos and other bigger states. Expected ROI is about 8-20% Weekly. Currently i need people interested in the business, i will willingly guide such people in the business,until they know all that's involved. Transportation is no issue as i have my own bus. Interested persons should contact me on +2348136909187 (WhatsApp and calls). Thanks
P.S: You won't be giving me your money, just make sure you have an ATM card for your bank account, pls don't travel with cash when going to the farm or market.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:43am On May 18, 2015
emperoracro:
I deal with marketing and distribution of Agricultural products including Palm oil, Garri and plantains. I buy in other states where these products are produced enmass and sell in Lagos and other bigger states. Expected ROI is about 8-20% Weekly. Currently i need people interested in the business, i will willingly guide such people in the business,until they know all that's involved. Transportation is no issue as i have my own bus. Interested persons should contact me on +2348136909187 (WhatsApp and calls). Thanks
P.S: You won't be giving me your money, just make sure you have an ATM card for your bank account, pls don't travel with cash when going to the farm or market.
intresting......
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by organicfoods(m): 8:23am On May 18, 2015
Meanwhile tell a friend...

WWOOF Nigeria have finalised plans to bring international observers to certify farms in Nigeria with 60% soybean grown on them.

All certified organic soybean bean will be bought and exported at prevailing international market price from certified farms.

Hurry up now and get your farm certified organic and earn more.

NB: Farm land that have been treated with chemicals can not be used unless after 3 years.

For registration and participation, plus free information how to produce organic Pesticides for your farm.
Call
For details
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2015
Plaitex:
@olamimo12, i am an intending farmer with a waterlogged piece of land planning to start small. What kind of crops or vegies can be planted on it. Thanks
Waterlodge farmland is almost good for nothing due to insufficient oxygen supply to the roots. Poor aeration will hinder growth. I would advise you use it for fishery or the likes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Egusi Melon In Large Quantity Engine And Handpeel / Let's Talk About Foreign Turkey Farming / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.