Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here (17682 Views)

Turkey Farmers Lets Meet Here / My Farm Experience Diary: Advice For Intending And Established Farmers (pics) / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2015
Please intending farmers, let the phobia of failure quit your way. Avail yourself the ready opportunity to succeed. Start practicing NOW !
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 4:30am On May 22, 2015
If you are a practical farmer, get registered with Federal Ministry of Agriculture.............simple process. it costs you no penny. If you are in Oyo State, Just walk into NCRI, Moor Plantation, Apata Ibadan. Ask of Federal Ministry of Agriculture complex. You will get registered within 15minutes.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by saintF(m): 4:53pm On May 28, 2015
What's d benefits I've registered but I don't see any use of it
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by taiwoliu(m): 12:18am On May 29, 2015
I v d intent of having a farm but I v no clue hw to start. Gud 1 @ OP
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 2:19am On May 29, 2015
I think the GES(Growth Enhancement Scheme) is the only benefit for now whereby you will be getting assistance in form of seeds, fertilizers and co. But Nigerian issue of "processing rigmarole" responsible for not getting the items timely. By and large, I did it for doing sake....... cheesy
saintF:
What's d benefits I've registered but I don't see any use of it
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 2:25am On May 29, 2015
taiwoliu:
I v d intent of having a farm but I v no clue hw to start. Gud 1 @ OP
Agriculture/Farming is a complex term. Look into which area you love soo much........(crop production, livestock, .......etc) area that you have passion for, then, we know how to guide you.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by taiwoliu(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Agriculture/Farming is a complex term. Look into which area you love soo much........(crop production, livestock, .......etc) area that you have passion for, then, we know how to guide you.
crop production + livestock farming (cattle rearing to b precise)
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 2:42pm On May 29, 2015
taiwoliu:
crop production + livestock farming (cattle rearing to b precise)
I can assist in crop production especially in vegetables. tnx
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by taiwoliu(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

I can assist in crop production especially in vegetables. tnx
I am looking at groundnut farming. V got lil experience but not sure of its marketability nor do I knw d pros and cons of it. Hp u get me?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:32am On May 30, 2015
Yes. l have not cultivated groundnut before. Maybe others could help.
taiwoliu:
I am looking at groundnut farming. V got lil experience but not sure of its marketability nor do I knw d pros and cons of it. Hp u get me?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by Neduzze5(m): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Yes. l have not cultivated groundnut before. Maybe others could help.

I studied agibusiness Management back in school and by God's grace, I'm a graduate. In my 200 level, we learnt how to plant groundnut. First of all, the land should be cleared then ridges should be made by using hoes.

It's a nice crop but i don't know the commercial or profitable area in it.

I'll soon start a small groundnut farm soon. Goodluck
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2015
First time Farmers, how is the season going?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:21am On Jun 24, 2015
Any link to tractor rental service ? pls my people
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by obodoG: 8:16am On Jun 24, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Any link to tractor rental service ? pls my people
where is your location?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
obodoG:

where is your location?
Akufo ldo LG, lbadan.......any interest Sir ?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by angelberton(f): 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
Cucumber and watermelon require steady water supply for irrigation. Are you sure you have it?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by anonimi: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
Great thread.
Thanks OP unlike those waiting for CRUMBS from our legisLOOTERS grin
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by AkinropoIlori: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thank God for this thread and i think it meant for me. I am planning on going into agribusiness after my graduation later november this year but i knw little of agric business. am planning on crops and forestry anybody who can sensitize me abt it wil be highly appreciated. we can talk better on 08038012405(akin)
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
AkinropoIlori:
Thank God for this thread and i think it meant for me. I am planning on going into agribusiness after my graduation later november this year but i knw little of agric business. am planning on crops and forestry anybody who can sensitize me abt it wil be highly appreciated. we can talk better on 08038012405(akin)
Noted Mr Akin.........l will contact you
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
angelberton:
Cucumber and watermelon require steady water supply for irrigation. Are you sure you have it?
Quite sure
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by scentmarlc(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
God bless farmersgrin
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bro pls I need to talk to u privately thanks
OLAMIMO12:
Hello.......am Olamimo. I'm a first time farmer in fruits and vegetables production(Cucumber/Watermelon). Am writing this thread to share my little knowledge with like minded peopple.
Starting farming(crop production), like other aspect of agribusiness, involves many things ranging from which crop to go for, land aquisition, labour palava, soil preparation, ......etc.
From the little i have witnessed, I strongly believe, someone will benefit.Moreso, with this thread older farmers will assist both me and my peers in our new endeavour.

Stay following

Intending farmers ................I have some grams of sugar baby seeds. Am giving it out for free. The seeds are very viable. Anyone intrested in having it should contact me.
Thank

Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by OLAMIMO12(m): 12:03am On Jun 25, 2015
@adeekiti......feel free bro. my contacts are there
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by elmisti(m): 1:09am On Jun 25, 2015
Good day house, I am an intending farmer, actually jst finished my degree, but because of the suspense of Nysc posting, I lost this planting season. My plan before is to go bak to my hometown and get some plot of land (wit the help of the local govt.) To start my farming. My last dorm gatekeeper suggested chillipeper( ata rodo) is the most profitable to farm *i dnt knw how tru dis is, please will like sm1 to put me through the things I can do now, cuz nysc camp is until september and am tyrd of sitn home already!
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by taiwoliu(m): 4:50am On Jun 25, 2015
Neduzze5:

I studied agibusiness Management back in school and by God's grace, I'm a graduate. In my 200 level, we learnt how to plant groundnut. First of all, the land should be cleared then ridges should be made by using hoes.

It's a nice crop but i don't know the commercial or profitable area in it.

I'll soon start a small groundnut farm soon. Goodluck
bros, hw far wt ur groundnut farm? V u commenced operations?
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by chidifyn(f): 5:11am On Jun 25, 2015
How long does it take to harvest watermelon and cucumber? Think I would love to go into it.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by doncholino(m): 6:31am On Jun 25, 2015
good thread. can i farm watermelon in delta state?: wat are the challenges? farming season and duration to harvest. how can i get and prepare seed n land. need for ridges? any disease or pest. shelve lifespan how long? please i ernestly need a mentor. thanks to all.
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by Missbizy(f): 7:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Hello, I will like to venture into vegetable farming too buh confuse on which ones to pick. Can you like give me ur email add or No so we can discuss well. Thanks
Re: Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here by autofreak2020(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Farmers without irrigation system in place, hw is farming oooooo? rain ceased. in ibadan no rainfall since thursday 9-4-15.
I plan to start farming later this year bro, in fact as, soon as I start my M.Eng. I want to run it together with farming, i plan to farm in Ilorin or Ogbomosho while schooling in Ilorin.
I am thinking of going into fruit and vegetable farming, please what kind of fruits and vegetables gives high ROI considering Ogbomosho and Ilorin weather and soil?

You have started a very nice topic bro. Do you mind we should talk on WhatsApp or you create group on WhatsApp for this purpose?
my WhatsApp number is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Egusi Melon In Large Quantity Engine And Handpeel / Let's Talk About Foreign Turkey Farming / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.