Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu (16216 Views)

Ondo Poll: Why 2012 Election Results Might Repeat Itself / RIVERS POLL: Why We Reversed Wike’s Sack — Supreme Court / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by lalasticlala(m): 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Eterhisan Oputu is a lawyer and chieftain of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP). He has held a couple of party positions and he is currently the Udu local government area Coordinator of the Presidential Campaign Council, working to deliver President Goodluck Jonathan and other PDP candidates in the March 28 and April 11 elections. In this interview he speaks on a wide range of salient issues. Excerpts:

Objective of the Presidential campaign council?

It is basically political. The aim of our work is to sale our presidential candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan for his re-election in March 28 and all to deliver other PDP candidates in the different positions right from the National Assembly to governorship and State Houses of Assembly. So we are working to sell all our candidates and ensure that they win landslides in the general election. We have our strategies; and we were brought in to put things right before and into the elections. This is the first time that this kind of structure is being put up and it was done for a tactical reason.

What’s your level of success?

We have done a lot of work and what we have done so far exceeds what we did in previous elections. We have overtaken the opposition parties in our local government. We have gone round a couple of communities and we have been on this campaign for days now. We have visited all the 10 wards, we have met with leaders and clusters of persons, market people, non indigenes, some religious leaders and opinion leaders in our local government that is, locally.

Senatorial and state levels

Then as a body and umbrella of PDP, we have also done a lot of work outside the local government, at the senatorial and state levels, all in a bid to sensitize our people and gather votes for our party. It is an ongoing job; a daily job and we will keep doing that till the umpire says stop.
Then the response we have gotten so far is positive. For instance; my local government, Udu is pretty contentious because the people are highly opinionated. They are not people you can push around but with what we have done so far; we’ve been able to galvanize our people making them know of the need to play the needful and stop swimming against the tide.

At the presidential level, we have sold our candidate, President Jonathan with numerous projects that he has done in Niger Delta, the Amnesty programme, East-west road, schools have been put in plays, more universities have been approved, empowerment and many others.
So there are a lot of things that we have done and shown records of them to our people to ensure that they all vote for PDP in all the positions. So with what is on ground; I am very sure that PDP win because there is no other presidential candidate that has cover much ground like we have done.
We know that he is love by the generality of our people. The complain of security are almost sorted out as we speak.

Now, talking locally, the governorship candidate of Delta state, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa will also win because PDP has been on ground since 1999 and nothing is going to change it.

There is no other candidate today that can match PDP in the governorship level; and the same thing will happen in the House of Representatives, senate and house of assembly have looked at the candidates of Labour Party and APC; considering our wide spread across the areas, I am also sure we will sweep them.

The candidate we brought forward in the house of assembly, Udu constituency is miles ahead of the other candidates because he has the experience as a lawyer since 1978 and was once commissioner and managed several ministries in the state. He is better positioned in terms of networking.

How many states will the President Campaign Council in PDP deliver?

The presidential election is executive election; in addition to the quantum of votes, you also need spread to win the presidential election. If you break Nigeria into six geopolitical zones; bulk of the votes from South-South and South East is for Jonathan; APC appears to have some sware in the South West but if you look at what is happening today, even in Lagos state, you will see that South West is also voting for Jonathan; now the North East is a beat trickish with security issues and voting in certain pattern; but in the middle belt, I am very sure we have upper hand in Kogi, Kwara Benue and Plateau. Our vice presidential candidate is also from the core North and he is not sleeping, there are governors, senators and other strong members in PDP that are working for us.

It’s like PDP’s calculation as regards APC failed?

I am pragmatic in thinking because I don’t believe in monopoly. If you look at it technically, PDP was aware of all the move of the opposition that is now called APC; but there was no need to stop them because we are in democracy and there is freedom of association, politically, religiously and otherwise. PDP brought candidates that are marketable with brilliant antecedents so it is no worry to us that there is opposition. You can see the national assembly was some of our PDP members went to APC but but when they didn’t get what they want, they came back to PDP. PDP is still an umbrella that is better for Nigeria and Nigerians.

What is your massage for Nigerians?

I will plead with them that this is another opportunity for them as electorate to ensure that people don’t deceive them; and vote wisely because mistakes have been made in the past especially my local government. Delta state is emerging with so many investment coming to the areas like Gas city project, EGTL and what have you; let us not truncate those programme because in shift away from the main stream will get us into coupe’de’sac. I am a PDP member and I speak with authority knowing full well the programmes like up for transformation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/poll-why-jonathan-ll-win-oputu/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Toktee(m): 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
KEEP DREAMING

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
Oteke is calling

Happy for him, his new appointed ministers would help him park his loads/zoological zoo animal out of...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by ozoigbondu: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
GEJ all the way.............GEJ till 2019 grin grin grin grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by iamtewwy(m): 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
0putu or whatever is ur name keep decieving this clueless phd h0lder
as for me and my family
we have our pvc's

we have decided
#GMB/Osibanje
#change
#SAI BUHARI

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by macpetrus(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sure banker!!! Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by san316(m): 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
they keep giving gej hope to give their pockets load to carry.

continu.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by midolian(m): 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
If it was a neutral person, I would have taken him seriously..

You don't expect a PDP chieftain to say Jonathan will lose.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Dannyset(m): 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
Why is he running away from election then?
If u think u can deceive GEJ, ur name na sorry.
He know as e dey go.
This man is a fellow drunkard like his pay master sha. His he talking about Nigeria or Delta state? He thinks APC has gone to sleep thinking they hav won the election already.
Your Mumu get PhD sir.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by seunmsg(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
And you will take this to front page right?

If this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2203888/prof-pat-utomi-endorses-buhari where the renowned professor of Economics, Pat Utomi was reported to have endorsed GMB couldn't make the front page, we will be watching if you will push this interview by a local and unknown PDP chieftain to the front page.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by DrLee(m): 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
March 28 should come fast abeg. let's know the people that will sleep in prison cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by jjamani(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
I still don't know why some people still want Jonathan.to win... is either pdp has use juju to blind them . or they benefit from stomach infrastructure.

spy9ja.com

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Bonapart(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
Really? Ok watch this

#givebuhariachance

#sai Buhari

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Bevista: 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
What would you expect someone in the PDP presidential campaign committee to say? He needs to justify his pay. He needs to talk tough to reassure his pay masters and supporters.

By now, the PDP can only HOPE. It is out of their hands. The era of carry go is long gone.

The permutations clearly favours GMB. The card reader is the joker.

Northeast/Northwest for GMB, Southeast/Southsouth for GEJ, Northcentral/Southwest shared.

Guess which regions have the highest number of registered voters and PVC collection rate?

Guess which party controls the top 3 States with highest # of voters (Kano, Lagos, Rivers)?

Go figure!

#March4Buhari

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by mytime24(f): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
GEJ till 2019 tongue

Fresh AiR

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by ManMountain(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Who is oputu? we don't know him here in the SW of Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by ojaydedon(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
gej till 2019

28th is the day
the ticket is ur pvc
if u love nigeria, come and vote gej

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by femi1410(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Win Ko Transformation Agenda ni.
I dont see any Reason any Electorate will Vote GEJ.
he has failed Nigerians Big Time
They Only come on Tv and announce To Us that We have largest Economy, how has that impacted the lives of the masses!
The level of Inequality Is High
Unemployment Is High
Nigerians Should wake up THIS man Has FAILED and he should be Voted out
Abraham Lincoln said, and i quote, "You can only Fool the People For Sometime But You Cant Fool them All the time" !
Dont Let any one decive You! CHANGE IS HERE My PEOPLE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by PassingShot(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Dreaming and self deceit is allowed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by femicyrus(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Yes, I strongly believe pdp will win 2035 general election but not this 2015!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by holluwai(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
what would oputu say before? GMB will win?

Please give change a chance. Period!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Maczeelly(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
1,001 reasons why jonathan will not win.........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by AJOT99(m): 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ok
Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by stronger: 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Yes, yes awesome!! A Local govt. co-ordinator of the campaign has an interview and it makes front page! grin

This is great stuff!!

Long live the president!

GEJ till May 2015!! grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by clevvermind(m): 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Jonathan till apc will regain their senses.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by ayusco85(m): 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
OP ur a Jonathan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by ichidodo: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Tis a sure thing cuz we don't see how Buhari can sustain the momentum over the six week break especially now the finance is drying up and the main political struggle is about to commence where voters especially in the numerically formidable remote areas especially in the APC states e.g Osun Statr are faced with the existential question of Idealism (Buhari,change,negative??) or realism (GEJ,stability,transformation) and the small matter of stomach infrastructure especially in 'critical areas' like ameliorating the hunger pangs induced by your governor donating your 5 month salary to Buhari's campaign train.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Firefire(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sure banker

Enemies of Nigeria online and offline can 'CHANGE' their addresses cool

GEJ till 2019 - No Vacancy in Aso-rock

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by francizy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
Anything is possible.

You never know what's coming and it's possible that the northerners will be the ones to betray GMB

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by demandtruth: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
He's only encouraging himself and protecting his bread and butter

Only independent view matters.

All so far pointed to GMB victory. Nairaland inclusive

1 Like

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by Firefire(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
clevvermind:
Jonathan till apc will regain their senses.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Poll: Why Jonathan Will Win – Oputu by bid4rich(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
I'm yet to see the devil that will say Jonathan will not win. Devil will cry sha oo

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet / President Buhari arrives Daura ahead of Saturday’s governorship election / 2023 Election: Tambuwal, Peter Obi Meet PDP Caucus In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.