Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

INEC SMS Scam Alert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC SMS Scam Alert (791 Views)

INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections / Fayose Mocks Buhari For Calling INEC Independent Nigeria Electoral Commission / Jonathan Defies INEC- Deploys Presidential Jets For Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC SMS Scam Alert by lafex: 7:47am On Mar 20, 2015
Pls ignore SMS msg purportedly from INEC with d msg: Not sure if u are in INEC's database. Send SMS to 08171646879, INEC state last Name last 5 digits of Voter Identification Number.

Please ignore! Your PVC will be cloned and invalidate the original with you. Pls pass on ds. It is real. Don't joke with it! Your desire for CHANGE will be thwarted if u fall for ds last minute effort to reduce change agents use of PVC on March 28th.
Re: INEC SMS Scam Alert by yuncka: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2015
Its no scam. Its verification for database. Did it yesternight wit minor details and my full detail was displayed with my polling unit/card collection zone.
Cloning of PVC will be a bit difficult because of the card readers...d cards come wit unique codes that cannot be cloned easily, thas why some people are fighting against the use of PVC card readers.

Besides it's a network powered process involving all networks and U r surcharge N10(dats d only scam I see cos its meant to be free).

Pls verify Ur PVC so U dnt get arrested at the polling centre for having a fake PVC.
Re: INEC SMS Scam Alert by lafex: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2015
yuncka:
Its no scam. Its verification for database. Did it yesternight wit minor details and my full detail was displayed with my polling unit/card collection zone.
Cloning of PVC will be a bit difficult because of the card readers...d cards come wit unique codes that cannot be cloned easily, thas why some people are fighting against the use of PVC card readers.

Besides it's a network powered process involving all networks and U r surcharge N10(dats d only scam I see cos its meant to be free).

Pls verify Ur PVC so U dnt get arrested at the polling centre for having a fake PVC.
I can authoritatively tell u that u av been scammed because the message was sent to me but I have not ever registered in iNEC before not to talk of having my number in their database
Re: INEC SMS Scam Alert by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2015
lafex:
I can authoritatively tell u that u av been scammed because the message was sent to me but I have not ever registered in iNEC before not to talk of having my number in their database
the purpose is for u to disseminate the info when u get it, and does not necessarily means u are registered. The numbers are chosen at random from the network providers
Re: INEC SMS Scam Alert by yuncka: 8:41am On Mar 20, 2015
lafex:

No one has been scammed.
Clear Ur doubts with this link

http://inecnigeria.org/?page_id=2160.
Re: INEC SMS Scam Alert by lafex: 8:49am On Mar 20, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
the purpose is for u to disseminate the info when u get it, and does not necessarily means u are registered. The numbers are chosen at random from the network providers
man. Such SMS is not sent by service provider but rather by INEC or individual. I am into bulk SMS and I can send a. Related SMS to u if u wish. INEC will only send an SMS to u if ur number is in their database and service provider will only use their name to send SMS.
Be guided

(1) (Reply)

Checkout List Of Nigerian Politicians Who Betrayed PDP & Joined APC After Postpo / Presdent Jonathan Returns For 2nd Accreditation: Updates On Channels TV / Seun Pls Do The Needful !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.