Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria (808 Views)

4 Important Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Course To Study / Is Animal Production A Good Course To Study In Nigeria? / The Best And Most Lucrative Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2015
good morning fellow NLers, just came out of NYSC, am so confused right now dnt know d IT to enroll in that is very lucrative in the Labour market, pls help me i want to visit NIIT office here in ph to register...TNX

NB: studied computer science in UNICAL
Re: What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 20, 2015
IT is very broad.It all depends on your interest and passion.You can start with Network plus,then proceed to CCNA and after that CCNP(if u r interested in Networking).Note:CCNP has 3papers(routing,switching and troubleshooting)that you must pass before being CCNP certified. Also,if you want to start your career as a System Administrator or IT Support staff etc then Microsoft Certified Solution Expert(MCSE)is your best bet.It still boils down to your interest and passion.ciao

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria by menix(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2015
The only juicy certification i know of in nigeria is bcoming a certified PDP member..

1 Like

Re: What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 8:29am On Mar 20, 2015
Like the poster above advised, it all depends on where you intend to pursue your career.

Try as much as possible to avoid vendor based certifications as it may tie you down especially where most organizations requiring your services don't have such vendor's equipment installed. Besides those who do outsource their configuration to other companies or their suppliers.

I would prefer you do a matrix of organizations you intend working for and try to see if you can get yourself adequately geared up in that direction.

What I normally do is browse through job descriptions fitting my career prospects and try to work towards it. All the best.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best IT Professional Course To Study In Nigeria by Hybrid600: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2015
if u gt enf cash, u cn go for information security,Network security. there r a lot of IT professional courses to choose frm. It stil depends on wt u want...

March 28

vote wisely

(1) (Reply)

OLX Success Story – I Have Sold Over 500 Items On OLX / My First Viable Job Experience [my Story And Advice] - Frankapptech / Word Of Advice To The Unemployed Graduates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.