Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA (3563 Views)

Prof Mohamood Yusuf: Top 10 Things You Need To Know About The New INEC Boss / General Buhari Relaxing With His Wife After Voting / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by anonimi: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
So Nigerian Police has become the private property of jonathan? You see the reason Nigerians regard jonathan as the Nigerian Version of Gbagboe! He will soon be disgraced and dragged on the floor like a common criminal!

And I thought I was exchanging with someone who might have at least an iota of common sense to be able to understand the role of the police in ensuring peace, law & order irrespective of who is involved.

My mistake, sorry.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by pendy79: 9:34am On Mar 20, 2015
The rigging plans in Osun State failed because the electorates waited and protected their votes after voting. The electoral act is clear, you must not loiter or move aimlessly around during voting.

There is no way PDP can win the Presidential Election on the 28th of March. With JEGA as INEC chair Nigerians will experience a repeat of the June 12 experience again.

With Card Readers they WILL NEVER BE GHOST VOTERS.

if JonaTAN is happy using IPPIS to catch GHOST WORKERS, he should be happy about CARD READERS catching GHOST VOTERS too.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Chigold101(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

So Nigerian Police has become the private property of jonathan? You see the reason Nigerians regard jonathan as the Nigerian Version of Gbagboe! He will soon be disgraced and dragged on the floor like a common criminal!
you can say anything because you live in a very secure place, where human life is highly valued.

Go the north & see how violent people can be on the day of election.

All of us that live in the southern Nigeria do not know what fanaticsm is all about. Thats why we can blame the police IG & call GEJ names.

It is a living man that will be governed by whoever wins. Taking into consideration how many death we have recorded so far just cos of campaign.

I imagine what will happen in a polling unit where a candidate loses cos of one invalid vote & his supporters got angry. Dont forget that security agents that stay at the polling units do not carry any form of arm, they are just like any other person if you minus the uniform.

Lets also look at it like this; in a polling unit where you have about 600voters & all of them waited after casting their votes if something goes wrong, how will an unarmed security agent contain them before the armed one will arive?

If we argue lets look at the two sides of the coin. Let us always ballance pros & cons before we start our usual bashing & name calling.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2015
Before nko!

Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2015
Chigold101:
you can say anything because you live in a very secure place, where human life is highly valued.

Go the north & see how violent people can be on the day of election.

All of us that live in the southern Nigeria do not know what fanaticsm is all about. Thats why we can blame the police IG & call GEJ names.

It is a living man that will be governed by whoever wins. Taking into consideration how many death we have recorded so far just cos of campaign.

I imagine what will happen in a polling unit where a candidate loses cos of one invalid vote & his supporters got angry. Dont forget that security agents that stay at the polling units do not carry any form of arm, they are just like any other person if you minus the uniform.

Lets also look at it like this; in a polling unit where you have about 600voters & all of them waited after casting their votes if something goes wrong, how will an unarmed security agent contain them before the armed one will arive?

If we argue lets look at the two sides of the coin. Let us always ballance pros & cons before we start our usual bashing & name calling.

Stop preaching nonsense! Voters have always waited for the electoral processes to wind down since 2011 elections! The reason PDP celebrated 2011 elections as being free and fair! The 600 you talked about is just being mischievous. There is no polling unit that has 600 voters anywhere in the country, and even at that not everybody would wait, some will definitely go but some people must wait for the result to be announced, copied and snapped!

Why are guys still afraid of free and fair election with all the endorsements your ogogoro drinker master is amassing all over the country??

2 Likes

Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by waternogetemeny: 9:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Wait at ur own risk. IG is in charge of security, Jega is wat again?
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by viczing(m): 9:59am On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:
enemies of progress..iss. Ur type dat has stop dix country from movn forward...

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by pendy79: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Wait at ur own risk. IG is in charge of security, Jega is wat again?

Jega has the final say about who does what or how the election should be conducted.

Your gateman has no say over who is authorised to visit you if he has your permission to visit.

Let the IG do the role the constitution gave him and allow Jega do his.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2015
pendy79:
The rigging plans in Osun State failed because the electorates waited and protected their votes after voting. The electoral act is clear, you must not loiter or move aimlessly around during voting.

There is no way PDP can win the Presidential Election on the 28th of March. With JEGA as INEC chair Nigerians will experience a repeat of the June 12 experience again.

With Card Readers they WILL NEVER BE GHOST VOTERS.

if JonaTAN is happy using IPPIS to catch GHOST WORKERS, he should be happy about CARD READERS catching GHOST VOTERS too.
Abeg park well jare. Whenever APC wins the elections are always free and fair rigged whenever they loses smh
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by pendy79: 11:43am On Mar 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Abeg park well jare. Whenever APC wins the elections are always free and fair rigged whenever they loses smh

Omisore got over 150,000 votes in 4 ife local government areas in Osun, aregbe scored 300,000 in 21 local governments. Is it not obvious the Ekiti plot with general momoh nearly played out if the electorates were not vigilant.

Are the ife people more than the ijeshas, modakekes, okuku, and many other subgroups that make up Osun?
Just keep quiet when reasonable people are talking.

Hope GEJ have remove Jega and tambuwal as predicted by you?
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by omolami: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jega will be shot dead if he tries to rig for his compromised party i asure nigerians that
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
mikeansy:
Jega is cooking up a security situation he can not control

You can not expect security agents to support you when all you do is contradict their directive

Nigeria have got to give the authorities the benefit of the doubt. What Jega is proposing is recipe for chaos.
very objective point. The catch is "as long as they remain orderly". But your guess is as good as mine.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by pendicle: 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
omolami:
Jega will be shot dead if he tries to rig for his compromised party i asure nigerians that

What's the thing in this post that indicate a plan to rig by Jega. You better start getting use to the fact Buhari will be the next president of Nigeria.

You read the whole thing and could only assume plan to rig by Jega in your own comprehension when the whole thing shows otherwise.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Jorussia(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
omolami:
I guess he will be shot dead by you? If you don't have anything reasonable to comment on a topic,the honourable thing to do is to simply read comments by people who are sane and not embrass yourself ,like you just did.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by obi4eze(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
pendy79:
Card readers have memory to hold the data of all accredited voters who must match the total votes cast in that polling unit - #askJega

Card readers cannot be jammed because there is no allowance for interference between the card readers and the PVC - #askjega.

Card readers to every polling unit is with a spare that will.ensure that there is no down time if one got damaged -#askjega

Polling unit official have no access into data captured by the card readers hence they cant tamper with information captured - # askjega
I love this.
It comes a time in the life of a man when he is tired of playing games and just wants to do the right thing. This is what I perceive of Nigeria at this point in time. We can't afford to make the mistake of reelecting GEJ as President.

Say NO to cluelessness

Sai Buhari

#babawhenyougetthere know that we the masses have suffered enough and if you forget us we will vote you out the way we intend to vote GEJ out.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by dotfam2104(m): 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
mikeansy:
Jega is cooking up a security situation he can not control

You can not expect security agents to support you when all you do is contradict their directive

Nigeria have got to give the authorities the benefit of the doubt. What Jega is proposing is recipe for chaos.
....u cant blame him for being fair... he hz to support any process dah will add credibility to d polls, he's nt in anyway cukn up security situation he cant control. he already stated dey shld watch frm afar. He only wants pple to stay nd watch their votes being counted nd I think dats fair enuf.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by kasiem(m): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jega will not be there when mbu will be exercising the new training he got from this boko haram menace. Go to mbu's face and tell him that Jega told u guys to wait behind. Remember, after jega's gra gra election was still shifted. Let's be watching
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
kastonkastrol:
The IG said if we have cast our votes we should go home. Now jega is saying we should wait and watch the election process. I will better do what the police IG said. Nigeria police are silly all the time, you go fear as one psycho of a police go shoot you if you try to watch the election process.

I cast my vote, I go my house jejeli. The election process will take care of itself.
grin

...if you go your house jejeli, your vote'll be jejeli manipulated.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by texazzpete(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
anonimi:

Can Jega guarantee security for his staff and the voters

And someone is talking of common sense shocked

Can the IG not do the job we pay him to do?
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by ollyruffy: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Jega please educate that one they put as IGP that nigerians are now wiser.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by anonimi: 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
texazzpete:
Can the IG not do the job we pay him to do?

I thought that is the job he is doing. Do you have a different opinion? What is the basis of your different opinion?
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Olaolufred(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
anonimi:

Can Jega guarantee security for his staff and the voters

The security of JEGA, his staff and voters is solely the reason why Ebelle is eating 1 billion Naira worth of food annually.

If he can not provide it, It will be more confirmation of a failed govt. (North east example).
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
kastonkastrol:
The IG said if we have cast our votes we should go home. Now jega is saying we should wait and watch the election process. I will better do what the police IG said. Nigeria police are silly all the time, you go fear as one psycho of a police go shoot you if you try to watch the election process.

I cast my vote, I go my house jejeli. The election process will take care of itself.
grin
And when the ballot box gets snatched or some form of fowl play takes you start shouting about how the elections was rigged by a particular party. Nigerians we are our own biggest problem.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by anonimi: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Olaolufred:
The security of JEGA, his staff and voters is solely the reason why Ebelle is eating 1 billion Naira worth of food annually.

If he can not provide it, It will be more confirmation of a failed govt. (North east example).

Have you addressed GREATER concern to Aregberascal feeding bill of N18.6 billion out of his state's small budget

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

.......and the useless "Engineer" dey distribute "change" for im perpetual presidential candidate all over Nigeria while owing workers and pensioners for over five months shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2081946_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

We don tire to do una mumu =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162230_photochooserd96e13d8f7e34cbbb299524561d1b4b7_jpeg2697502adbcaeae3c8cfe544e7ff2796

And as for north east, talk to your old soldier, Buhari you hear

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2187924_109594257360386431786094855946062713643445n1_jpeg55bd38bf3a3f99bb50f7d7b4bab1597b
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by bakila: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chigold101:
i dont know where u live but those none hausa fulanis that live in the north know that u dare not stay after voting and even if you stay u can never open your mouth to complain if something goes wrong or u will be a dead person.

Places like Lagos, Anambra, Imo & Enugu, Edo & Delta where blood suckers are not living one can wait till eternity because no one will make atempt on ur life.

In 2011 we waited at polling unit until after the counting & in Anambra guber of 2013 we waitied until after the counting.

But there are places which are more volatile caution is needed. Let some not die because of unfounded ZEAL in the name of protecting ones vote.

A living DOG is better than a dead LION...says the BIBLE.
Bigot at work. It is because their is no election in your part of the world that you think people should not police their vote. Again if there is a fair election there would be no violence. The credibility of the election ensure that no anger arises and no violence ensue. People can even party and do barbecue at polling station if it is credible there will be no rowdiness.
The IG should forget, in the North people will vote and remain at the polling station and no policeman will attempt to chase anyone because the police also do not trust the PDP. The people will be some sort of front line security for the police against riggers who will perpetrate violence and leave the Police on duty to answer or at the mercy of the Riggers.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by texazzpete(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
anonimi:

I thought that is the job he is doing. Do you have a different opinion? What is the basis of your different opinion?

Jega is not the one to 'guarantee the safety of voters'. The IGP holds that responsibility. We do not pay him his salary to be lazy. He has to ensure lives and properties are protected WHILE ensuring the integrity of the electoral process is fully protected and guaranteed. It should not be a stretch to expect him to reasonably protect people while they wait in orderly fashion for votes to be tallied at the polling unit level.
Re: You Can Wait After Voting To Watch The Election Process - INEC BOSS JEGA by texazzpete(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
anonimi:

And as for north east, talk to your old soldier, Buhari you hear

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2187924_109594257360386431786094855946062713643445n1_jpeg55bd38bf3a3f99bb50f7d7b4bab1597b

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sss-arrested-boko-haram-members-won-t-face-trial/94471/

The State Security Service (SSS) Monday said it had arrested over 100 suspected members of the Boko Haram sect but they would not be prosecuted – in line with President Goodluck Jonathan’s decision to adopt a political solution to the problem.

The group has been carrying out a bombing campaign, demanding among other things that the Islamic law, Shari’ah, should be implemented across the federation, although with particular emphasis on the North.

SSS spokesperson Marilyn Ogar said the arrests were made in six states – Borno, Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Yobe and Adamawa. All are in the North-east and North-west.

Ogar explained that since Jonathan had decided to use the “carrot and stick” approach on suspects of Boko Haram, SSS would not go contrary to that strategy.

“That is why the arrested suspects would not be prosecuted,” she said.

It is one thing to pursue a political solution with terrorists. But it is not done to let those who have already been arrested for committing crimes - mainly MURDER - to go scot free and be let loose on the unsuspecting populace.

It was a GEJ strategy to let confirmed killers loose on the populace. It backfired and many of those freed killers moved on to kill again and again.

Nothing you folks claim Buhari said about Boko Haram can be directly traced to the subsequent spillage of blood, unlike what happened in reality with the disastrous 'carrot and stick agenda'.

Can we talk about last year? Boko Haram being routed and rolled back in a successful military offensive. Until the GEJ Government declared an ill-advised, ill-timed ceasefire that merely provided Boko Haram enough time to re-equip and re-establish their assault.

Bama, Damashak, Gamboru et al...all towns and villages conquered after the 'cease-fire'. Combined death toll from those assaults surpasses 3000 men, women and children killed. Hundreds of thousands of refugees. Because of the 'ceasefire' deception.

Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even Satan Was Not Gay: By Robert Mugabe. / Update On Kano Bomb Blast / Protesters Block Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.