Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon (61950 Views)

Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sukkot: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Malakh:
i didn't ask for the meaning of Tabernacles,if you wanna go that route when do we keep the eight day of Tabernacle and how do we go in? feast of tabernacle does not mean to be ressurected, it means FEAST of Tabernacles not ressurection and you still didn't answer all my questions, if you answer them, i'll wire some money to you my word is bond
listen, you obviously dont understand that the feast days are symbolic for eras. some choose to mark the day but thats just symbolism. and i am telling you that feast of tabernacle from which i get my name sukkot from means TO BE ON TOP. in the cycle of life there are times when your empire will be on top. then there are times when you will fall and be below. its a cosmic cycle.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by kobonaire(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Finally, an FP worthy thread.

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:

It is not an issue of doubt, man will Set foot on Mars in no distant future, but colonizing it is out of equation. If you nasa very well you will see there are talk of sending man to Mars but they are not discussing permanent stay. Their plan of going there is purely for research purpose. The future of man lies outside the solar system and not on Mars. I believe I don't have highlight some of the problems anybody who tries to inhabitant Mars will face as I believe you already knows that. High radiation, low gravity, low pressure and some other factors. All these can be manage for a short time but what of the long time effects, and also remember co2 has it tolerant level to plant. At certain level it becomes toxic to plant and animal.
but that man won't be a black man!

Black man will be here making noice while the white man will be in his laboratory, just as how you are here making mouth while the white man is planning it right now.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Hero10001: 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
my bros, na salute i dey. electromagnetic energy controls the whole universe. without it plants cant grow and humans will die. new agers like to call it ' vibration'. like if someone says ' that guy has a low frequency of vibration ' it means you are not intelligent because intelligence is also powered by electromagnetic energy
I got it bro..
I read your comment bout Egyptians inventions, electromagnetism and intelligence.
I can't wait for that time when the sun will produces more electromagnetic energy to ginger the black brains outta dumbness and mumuish.
I really wish blacks could rule again.

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sukkot: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hero10001:

I got it bro..
I read your comment bout Egyptians inventions, electromagnetism and intelligence.
I can't wait for that time when the sun will produces more electromagnetic energy to ginger the black brains outta dumbness and mumuish.
I really wish blacks could rule again.
we will. it is inevitable. while whitey returns to the dark ages
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by menxer: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

This is a hypothetical claim still remains unproven in actuality..

That is if they come up with such ideas because judging others with ideas of probably primitive humans doesn't hold much water.

If we maintain contact with them, they might just regard us as Aliens because am sure if there are other life forms in this universe, we are the Aliens according to them

Hypothetical

How do we identify extra-terrestrial DNA when we don't even know, have or encountered one yet.

Unless you think we do..

That'd would have been stupendous

Don't take my word for it, just do a little googling, there are all verified facts though not in yet announced by CNN. grin
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Wow! Closenes of these planets are just scary shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Malakh: 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
listen, you obviously dont understand that the feast days are symbolic for eras. some choose to mark the day but thats just symbolism. and i am telling you that feast of tabernacle from which i get my name sukkot from means TO BE ON TOP. in the cycle of life there are times when your empire will be on top. then there are times when you will fall and be below. its a cosmic cycle.
bull crap, i hate to give you a hint but resurrection comes before Tabernacle let me just go with your being on top, what event triggers the Tabernacle to be on top and in what feast brings about it to be on top, and dont even mention the feast of Tabernacle because that is not the feast and explain those events or give the scriptures for it if you know it
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Tczar(m): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
I can't just imagine how all this will feel(Jupita and saturn) looks very scary...However it's sometime we'd gt used to all along.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ValerianSteel(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
you are crazy. europeans should be grateful to africans because they got all their initial knowledge of the cosmos from africans when we still had the ancient egyptian empire and timbucktu before we fell. all their ancient great astronomers like ptolemy learnt their trade from africans in ancient egypt. all the stars till today still have african names. they forgot to change it to european names or they just couldnt be bothered. stars like aldebaran etc. these are african-arabic names
You are madder permit me to say,did I dispute that with you.We live in the present where scientific knowledge and exploration of the above(space) is given little to zero attention on the African continent unlike European and American countries that have manned expensive inquest into space.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by hamzeiy: 5:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
SuperSuave:
Great!!! Jupiter and Saturn are somehow scary or is it just me..?
Op, where is pluto? undecided
yeah they are scary..and all other planets would cause thesame feelings if they are at that particular distance from the earth..i goes to show how tiny we are..and yet very arrogant

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by lanre316: 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
oz4real83:
. Christianity isn't a religion. It is the life of christ on display. Christianity discovered that the earth is spherical thousands of years even before scientists realised it!!!

Christianity is not a religion, but a way of life; just like your beloved dog is not an animal, but a special pet. Or your beloved Nigeria is not a country, but a land of wonderful people.

Christianity didn't discover earth being spherical. You guys are just injecting your meaning into what the authors wrote. Otherwise why would the Bible talk about rising and falling of the sun. The omniscient "author" should have known then that the sun doesn't rise or fall.

Nuff said.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
menxer:

Don't take my word for it, just do a little googling, there are all verified facts though not in yet announced by CNN. grin

You are not far from a conspiracy theorists.. grin
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sukkot: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
mars fried by comet siding spring. oct 2014. its not habitable at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Bm7blbkBI
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by saintneo(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
SuperSuave:
Great!!! Jupiter and Saturn are somehow scary or is it just me..?
Op, where is pluto? undecided
Pluto is no longer considered to be planet....it is a dwarf planet.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Pluto is a mini-planet not a main planet.. Many more planets are being discovered in our solar system.

as it is now they are 8main planets the one listed above and 8mini/dwarf planets (pluto belongs here) in our solar system only.

With more facts being uncovered everyday and more discoveries being made, this am sure will improve soon.smiley
Last time I checked, Pluto's position as a planet has come under fire. It's actually being written off as a planet.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by razzberries: 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
will this be before or after the Apocalypse?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
kYjelly2:

alien life exists, #fact
box office dude undecided

There is no such thing as alien life
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Am sure many planets have been confirmed and observed to orbit the Goldilocks zone of their respective parent stars.

And how many is habitable naturally like d earth?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
mars fried by comet siding spring. oct 2014. its not habitable at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Bm7blbkBI

But the rovers and orbiters are safe according the video. . . I speculate it was methane in Martian atmosphere that lit up..
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Malakh: 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
just to let you guys know the cycles of the heavenly bodies or celestial bodies is almost up, i give it less than 7 years, science proves it, scriptures proves it isaiah 34.so yall can keep dreaming about going to Mars to escape Yah's wrath
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sincere4u:

Last time I checked, Pluto's position as a planet has come under fire. It's actually being written off as a planet.

For now pluto is classified a dwarf planet, i think the international astronomical body is still analysing datas and series of debates and research to establish if pluto can be classified a planet or maintain status quo..
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
lanre316:

Christianity is not a religion, but a way of life; just like your beloved dog is not an animal, but a special pet. Or your beloved Nigeria is not a country, but a land of wonderful people.

Christianity didn't discover earth being spherical. You guys are just injecting your meaning into what the authors wrote. Otherwise why would the Bible talk about rising and falling of the sun. The omniscient "author" should have known then that the sun doesn't rise or fall.

Nuff said.

And why do dey use d phrase "d sun rises frm d east" even till date?v

D bible was d first to say d shape of d earth"circle" b4 science cld even imaging or explore. Sphere is also A circle.

The bible was d 1st to ascertain dat d earth hangs on nothing,several yrs b4 man cld tink of making its so called 1st trip to space.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
adjoviomole:

And how many is habitable naturally like d earth?

Thousands of them as we know it are very habitable as we know now.. and what do you mean naturally? Are these planets not natural planets just like the earth?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
MrsPhyno:
This is the most pointless thing but I'll never forget this; when I was in primary school, age 8; there was this boy named Andrew in my class.

We were seat partners so we used to talk a lot. When we were learning about the planets they taught us about Uranus which is a medium sized planet surrounded by yellowish-greenish gasses. The mix of the words "änus" and "greenish gasses" didn't allow us to stop laughing for like 5 minutes straight and the teacher punished us.

If u got this far in the story, thanks for reading grin

Where is this Andrew fellow?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sukkot: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

But the rovers and orbiters are safe according the video. . . I speculate it was methane in Martian atmosphere that lit up..
nah they said they have to wait a few weeks to be sure they are still working lol grin
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by menxer: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

You are not far from a conspiracy theorists.. grin

Yes, there is always a conspiracy to keep man in perpetual ignorance of his true self.

Yes, there is also a conspiracy to reveal the truth to those ready to accept such.

The choice is yours... but don't let what you believe become a prison.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
ZUBY77:

Moon and the other proven ones, what have you ever done to make a move to prove or find any?

Not even a bicycle has been manufactured around your area.
And you call what the gods tell you speculations.

Even d moon is isolated nothn worth lvn on it for. No animals no life on all d so called found planets.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by jomoh: 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
yeah, either that or the mod is in church drinking holy water, ribena and eating cabin biscuit wink

E dey where dem the share gala and boost, dem dey play d blues after the reggae.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sukkot: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
jomoh:

E dey where dem the share gala and boost, dem dey play d blues after the reggae.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Thousands of them as we know it are very habitable as we know now.. and what do you mean naturally? Are these planets not natural planets just like the earth?

Very habitable with d use of oxygen marks. No life on d planets only earth.what's stopping dem frm goin der to populate it if its habitable?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
adjoviomole:

D bible was d first to say d shape of d earth"circle" b4 science cld even imaging or explore. Sphere is also A circle.

I am not interested in this bible vs science talk i only want to correct one thing..

A sphere and a circle are two different things..... Circles can be a flat circle plate like a disc..

Spheres are not circle, spheres are round ...

So please sir a Circle is not a sphere neither do they mean the same thing in anyway.. The earth is not circle.. it is a very wrong assertion

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World's Oldest Black Rhinoceros Dies Aged 57 / Baby Cow With 2 Heads Found In The North (Photos) / NASA Captures Image Of The Sun ‘smiling’ ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.