Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon (61982 Views)

Journey To The Core: How Far Down Is The Center Of The Earth? / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by frankcris(m): 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
MrsPhyno:

He's in the Uni now grin Boys don grow

i know him...
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by lookingfly: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
amazing, shame to religions and their useless brainwashing teachings.
Y?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
sisisioge:

Omg! I will most definitely never leave my room were this to be our reality!

Seriously bro.. grin but i think you would be used to it because you would have been born to meet it as a norm
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by karleone(m): 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Bro "US" means humans, last i checked both white, blacks, asiatics, mongoloids, latinos, caucasians are all humans. .

Sorry, my mistake. I was a lil bit high on cheap drugs.

But I find it hard to believe that we (Nigerians) will make that journey even if it turns out positive. Nigeria lacks the machines to aid our relocation.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
MrsPhyno:

He's in the Uni now grin Boys don grow

Guys should get together and rekindle that which U started wink
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
karleone:

But I find it hard to believe that we (Nigerians) will make that journey even if it turns out positive. Nigeria lacks the machines to aid our relocation.

Honestly i do not understand the problem with us humans, we discriminate each other based on Colours which has shown to be a trait acquired in coincide to a geographical region of origin.

We are all different manifestation of the same species...

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCLilFYiJdoVtPR2ju5SuJr-EN90nQgP6gdUURzSkgJXYuv-6jH8NPgIs[/img]

I don't understand how we appreciate diverse colours and differences in other species as beauty but when it comes diversity in the colours of our species it becomes and object of discrimination and division..

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Guys should get together and rekindle that which U started wink
Lmao Haba
We were 8 embarassed
Do u still talk to girls u played with when u were 8?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Ola3tag(m): 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
wow...
wonderfully beautiful
wait o jupiter and saturn we dey quarrel see mass of life, make una still give space small...lol
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by HeavenShield: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is the most intelligent writeup in NL since its inception..
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lmao Haba
We were 8 embarassed
Do u still talk to girls u played with when u were 8?

Yup. They are either married, or ugly, or both
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by karleone(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Honestly i do not understand the problem with us humans, we discriminate each other based on Colours which has shown to be a trait acquired in coincide to a geographical region of origin.

We are all different manifestation of the same species...

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCLilFYiJdoVtPR2ju5SuJr-EN90nQgP6gdUURzSkgJXYuv-6jH8NPgIs[/img]

I don't understand how we appreciate diverse colours and differences in other species as beauty but when it comes diversity in the colours of our species it becomes and object of discrimination and division..

I might not have understood what you wrote up there but, my point lies in the last sentence of my comment. If we have they requirements to travel, kudos to us. I would want to be the first to travel ('cos travelling is my greatest hobby). But as it stands now, I don't see Nigeria owning a spaceship (or whatever) come 2025.

For your information, I don't discriminate based on colour or whatsoever your reference will be. I stand for what's right and will defend it with my last blood even if it's against my family's wish.

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by kannymoore(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
2dillu2:
Uranus looks cool

And ur anus looks cool too.

tongue

(no homo)

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ril19(m): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
amazing, shame to religions and their useless brainwashing teachings.

My Brother I Understand. Buh Pls Listen To This. There Exist Something Called "BIBLE TRUTH". Disregard All The Lies Christaindom Have Told You All These Years. You Can Reach That Bible Truth Because God Created You With An Ability To Search And Find It.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by adjoviomole(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

There are many religious books that predates the bible too.

Epic of Gilgamesh

Enuma Elis

Such superstition has no room in Scientific enquiry unless you dabble into Pseudoscience.

And please Evolution has nothing to do with Existence or Inexistence of any God.

I am not an evolutionist but i am starting think you don't even know what evolution is about.

- And please everybody who is an evolutionist is not an atheist.

-There are many theists even your fellow Christians who are evolutionists..

Evolution has nothing to do with Theism or being atheistic...it is a scientific branch of enquiry.

And yes i am an agnostic atheist..

I knew u wer an atheist. Anyways gudluck in ur research and don't quote me again until a new planet is discovered dats got trees,sea,river,wildlife etc. Bya
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by menxer: 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
adjoviomole:

Der are not u say. Why do evolutionist do d same thing. Most of dis scientist are evolutionist and all. Evolutionist want is to prove dat God does not exist.

It's because of people like you that the the Human Gnome project has been kept a secret from the populace.

There is more than evolution in the human DNA, something that would bring the fear of God to you. grin

By the time the Gnome project report sinks in, evolution would be child's play.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by menxer: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
karleone:

Point of order, have you forgotten the machine of the church called Rapture? grin

We will still get there...
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by sisisioge: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Seriously bro.. grin but i think you would be used to it because you would have been born to meet it as a norm

Sis, that thing looks scary! I think I would still be even if born into it. BTW, it's cool that you dug those images up.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by menxer: 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
dabosuker:
who says mars can not be colonized?....never say never in technology,...people would have said man would never fly or leave his foot print else where apart from earth . rovers are exploring mars & have been doing it for years, with the depletion of earths resources , those thinking ahead & seeing possibilities are already think of supplies outside earth or even our solar system, ...my dear for now technology is the major draw back , and man keeps improving in technology.

You dey mind myopic people?

They forgot that science and technology is not religion that can't be updated or upgraded.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Hero10001: 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
karleone:

Inferiority complex don chop your brains finish.
Even if we've got not crafts and machines we are rich enough to buy one.
We can steal one too when it gets critical, you need to see the hollywood's " Elisium".
You go believe.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Oshovie(m): 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
In such a scenario, it would be nothing but a clash of gravity. The gravity of Jupiter will affect other less massive planets; while the gravity of Saturn (which is also under the gravitional pull of Jupiter) will be distorting the space and time about Earth and other less massive plantets. Meanwhile, Earth's gravity will also be pulling on Mecury. It's really going to be destructive and chaotic-more like survival of the most massive!
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by STEVENcrack(m): 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Pluto is a mini-planet not a main planet.. Many more planets are being discovered in our solar system.

as it is now they are 8main planets the one listed above and 8mini/dwarf planets (pluto belongs here) in our solar system only.

With more facts being uncovered everyday and more discoveries being made, this am sure will improve soon.smiley
yeah...the eighth one is Krypthon
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Feraz(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hero10001:

Alatojubo.
If you've been to the wild, you'll know nature wants you dead.
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
STEVENcrack:
yeah...the eighth one is Krypthon

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by ReachHard: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Walahi, person wey go comot for night come sight those ones of Jupiter and Saturn; he go give him life to Christ sharpaly-sharpaly!
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

You are not far from a conspiracy theorists.. grin

If those planets were really as close as the moon to the earth, life on earth as we know it would not exist...
I'm sure you know this very much...
The gravitational pull from Jupiter and Saturn would pull us apart.. That would also mean Neptune might be able to support life, since its would be far away from the sun as we know and it might just pull its atmosphere back.. might take billions of years though...

Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by erusen: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValerianSteel:
There are a million reasons why Africans should be grateful to America and other world powers who have invested so much into space research giving someone like me an outlook of what is beyond the horizons of my own planet.

New discoveries in space keep trumping religious doctrines that can't explain what space holds in general.
should be grateful after 2 centuries of slavery and racism for them experimenting with space
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by erusen: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol.. From what i am seeing so far, the God of Boeing and Airbus works better... grin
stop this religous war the world already have extremist focus on science
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by johnydon22(m): 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
erusen:
stop this religous war the world already have extremist focus on science

I never engaged in any religious war on this thread, he made a joke and i replied back..

So you can't see the joke in those comments?
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by erusen: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
lanre316:

You are saying the truth.. but bitter truth. All the religions of the world combined haven't done as much as one percent good to humanity as science has done over the years.
you mean all the religion have not helped you speak for seft science began with the first man it is we make something for ourselves inovate something think smarter alot of religous people have done that
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by erusen: 10:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
johnydon22:

I never engaged in any religious war on this thread, he made a joke and i replied back..

So you can't see the joke in those comments?
no sorry expensive joke just watch cnn crap of extremist just sad for mankind on religions devision
Re: What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon by Santi222(m): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
wow..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World's Oldest Black Rhinoceros Dies Aged 57 / Baby Cow With 2 Heads Found In The North (Photos) / NASA Captures Image Of The Sun ‘smiling’ ( Pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93