Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Real Reason Buhari/idiagbon Government Was Overthrown In 1985! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Buhari/idiagbon Government Was Overthrown In 1985! (1100 Views)

"Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye / Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Reason Buhari/idiagbon Government Was Overthrown In 1985! by Birikiti: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
It's election season and a lot of rumors, postulations and conspiracy theories are bound to be making the rounds. My sincere advise is that Nigerians should look at issues dispassionately and decide the best candidates to vote for the progress of the nation and not for ethnic, selfish, parochial interests!

Without doubt, only a novice will think that external forces are not involved in our electioneering process. The world has become such a global village that happenings in, a strategic nation, like Nigeria can have a ripple effect on the African continent and world economics at large. External forces are trying to protect their interests not caring whether Nigeria benefits or not.

This is the reason why I've brought you an excerpt from an article I stumbled upon on the internet! Interestingly, this article was written on the 23rd Nov 2011, less than a year after Nigerians voted GEJ massively into power. It was written when Boko Haram issue was just starting to get out of hand.

The publication linked Boko Haram to Qatar and some Western Nations. However the part that caught my attention was a paragraph that gave the reason for the 1985 coup explaining the circumstances involved and the modus operandi. It stated and I quote:

[b]Motive for support of AQIM and Boko Haram terror in Nigeria

Why would Doha, Qatar and ultimately the western powers wish for a powerful radical terrorist group in Nigeria? As happened in Libya, is this a means of ultimately overthrowing Nigeria’s government to gain control of Nigeria’s abundant resources?

Nigeria is the 14th top oil producer in the world with an estimated over 36 Billion barrels of oil reserve. The Nation among other African Nations rejected an American military presence under the AFRICOM program on its soil. The United States it is known desperately seeks a military presence in Africa to counter China’s increasing influence in the natural resource abundant continent. With the global recession, collapse of Europe and increasing trouble and sacking of European leaders, the western powers are beginning to show more and more desperation to acquire and secure greater resource.

Arab meddling Precedent
The 1985 coup, and overthrow of some of the best leaders in Nigeria’s history, the Buhari-Idiagbon regime, was an instance of CIA-Arab cooperation to undermine Nigeria. In that instance, the Buhari-Idiagbon regime had refused IMF loans and SAP regulations. The king of Saudi Arabia, King Fahd was then instructed to invite both leaders to the pilgrimage, this was to enable the brutal Babangida regime with ties to the CIA take over in the 1985 coup, and of course they immediately accepted World Bank, IMF offers and SAP regulations followed.
[/b]

Read the whole article here: http://newsrescue.com/boko-haram-linked-to-qatar-western-powers/#axzz3UvzyRb8G

NIGERIA, THINK AND CHOOSE WISELY!
Re: Real Reason Buhari/idiagbon Government Was Overthrown In 1985! by GboyegaD(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
Everyone knows Buhari /Idiagbon meant well for the nation. His not collecting the loan from the imperialist was one of the reasons they would have supported any coup.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: I'll End Corruption In Oil Sector, If Re-elected - Jonathan / Amaechi Set To Flee Nigeria As Apc's Defeat Looms / 2015 PDP And APC Gubernatorial Candidates (infographics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.