Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express (25317 Views)

Accident Along Enugu/Port Harcourt Expressway, Victims Rushed To FMC Umuahia / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by 1009ja: 4:06am On Mar 22, 2015
Elections rush rush work for one rainy season. We do the same thing all the time and expect different outcomes. Why can't we build roads that can last a long time instead of wasting billions on same roads. I thought this government was about transformation; doing things differently.
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by konga82(m): 5:26am On Mar 22, 2015
Qyubee:
thank you..but my mind is made up on who to vote.

GMB/PYO is it.
. Go get ur pvc 1st
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by COMPAQ(m): 7:08am On Mar 22, 2015
discusant:
But the asphalt thickness is very thin. It is a mater of months before water washes the road away, unless they have not done the final thickness of the asphalt.

Exactly! I hope they have used stone base to the proper specification otherwise the road will wash away in a year or two.
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by sCun: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2015
APContherun:

Listen Mr progress in governance can only be achieved through collaboration and partnership by all stakeholders. The Federal govt doesn't have all the money in the world so if a state govt can, nothing stops it from working on so called federal roads and claim refunds later. Many states like Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Taraba have done it and were reimbursed to the last kobo.
The FG gets more allocation because it has more responsibilities than states.
The FG collects more than the 36 states put together, yet you want the states to repair FG roads. If the can't do it, they should hand over the roads to the states and revise the allocation sharing formula. I wonder if the FG that collects more money that all the states put together does not have the funds to repair the roads, where will the states get their won funds from?
Stop giving excuses.
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by arusoncd(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari in 1983 through coup
against democracy, started the
crises that lasted 16yrs,
resulting in military looting,
blood shedding jungle justice
etc. The ghost of democracy
will forever haunt him.
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by Seawhy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
O P, where is this place??.
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by Originalsly: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hmmm....wonder what is the expected life span of the road? Looks pretty thin and not much shoulder to prevent erosion of the foundation. Then the part with dirt and grass thriving at the median....don't they have a maintenance programme to prevent this and preserve the road? Nice road yes...presently better than what was becore...but for how long?
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by ukemeramat(m): 11:37am On Mar 23, 2015
hardbody:

I doubt it. Would like to know though

Bros, nothing.... the road is over bad as am talking to you now because rain is coming down
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by hardbody: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2015
ukemeramat:

Bros, nothing.... the road is over bad as am talking to you now because rain is coming down

Oh Ette....

O bro, thank you. I was toying with the idea of driving down because i have things to sort out at Akpabuyo (Calabar) relating to my mum's properties there and mobility is needed to facilitate results. In August when i tried going to Uyo to board Dana back to Lagos (flights were being cancelled on a daily basis from the Calabar airport), the road was in a manner that even the devil would sympathize with its users.

Anyways, thank you for this head up. I will make alternative arrangements.

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by Qyubee(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2015
konga82:
. Go get ur pvc 1st
so ur paymasters have been fooling u that ppl dont have pvcs? ee go suprise una
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
God will prohibit those who prohibit against president GEJ's efforts...
Re: New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express by ckenneths(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....wonder what is the expected life span of the road? Looks pretty thin and not much shoulder to prevent erosion of the foundation. Then the part with dirt and grass thriving at the median....don't they have a maintenance programme to prevent this and preserve the road? Nice road yes...presently better than what was becore...but for how long?

Be patient till they completely complete the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peace Mass Involved In Accident On Okigwe-Enugu Expressway (Photos) / Trucks Back To Ikorodu Road Following Sanwo-Olu's Visit To Apapa - Photos / Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.