Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

Please What's The Hype About Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please What's The Hype About Buhari (647 Views)

Forget The Hype Of Diversity: Here's A Proof Cultural Homogeneity May Be Better / What Mugabe Says About Buhari. / Reactions On Fayose Advert On Punch Fayose Under Attack For Advert About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What's The Hype About Buhari by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 21, 2015
Not until 2003 when he came back to Reap where he did not sow (Democracy) ,Buhari is the least poplular millitary Head of State we had in Nigeria. I was born in the early 80's and even though I was young I was still inquisitive about our rulers and I have someone one ground that satisfy my curiousity as at then *my mum* . No wonder up till date I have not seen any reputable government organizations , roads , streets ,Schools ,Airport. Named after him , I believe your guess is as good as mine ! Nigeria honours its heroes in every areas of life with their names attached to a thing. During Gowon's regime mum told me Gowon was a good man that did everything to keep Nigeria as one during the Civil War ,hence the slogan "Go On With One Nigeria''...G.O.W.O.N!
At least aside contesting election younger generation still hear or know about Gowon who's name has been attached to several things in Nigeria as a result of his selfless service.
Muritala muhammed: I heard it was as a result of his democratic tendencies that made him to get killed within a short period of Time! Murtitala as I was told tried his best to put thing into order in Nigeria,he was unlike our politicians today that move about with massive excorts and sirens an achievers that already map out how to hand over to a civilian governement *A good man*, I think his face still adorn the most popular currency denomination in nigeria * #20 naira , even some of old women in South west call #20 in his name and the prestigious muritala muhammed international Airport is not named so by himself, it is just because of his selfless service to humanity.
OBJ himself wrote his name in the sand of time by selflessly handed over a prestigious position to a lesser human as at then* cos we know power flows through the barrel of gun* so shagari was lesser to OBJ then but what OBJ did was very uncommon at least we have a man in Buhari who did the opposite by trauncating the democratic administration. Less I forget ObJ's name is attached to various things in lagos ,ogun, Abuja ,schools etc..
To cut my long story short IBB performed and was so popular a head of state and his name is still known by a 10yr old kid even after he had left the corridor of power, General Sanni abacha too as bad as we think he was at least a stadium was was in his name in KANO if I don't know any other things, but Buhari was so unpopular with the citizen that all we hear is WAI ,jailing , lashing of innocent citizen on the street ! Well to me ruling a country like naija is not by Gra-Gra! Although he can't do gra-gra at age 72 again but still if Buhari had done so well some thing tangible in Nigeria would have been Named after him not people jumping and jubilating when he was overthrown.. or is there anything name after him before now? I guess that's why he was hungry for power at his age to do the needful but I must confess it is the people that recommend good people for glory! Buhari is Far from being a Good leader!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by ofeco: 7:07am On Mar 21, 2015
He has crested his Name on Rivers,lagos state and Tinubu's treasury. old man

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Only a fool would expect corrupt govts to immortalise Buhari/Idiagbon

That is your own cup of tea.

Sai Buhari

Vote for Change

2 Likes

Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:09am On Mar 21, 2015
Without needing to read your epistle, I will answer you by saying that it is because Nigerians are tired of sixteen years of PDP of which GEJ's almost six years have been the most disastrous. Add this to the General's incorruptible and high integrity qualities, you'll have the answer.
Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by dazdilijae(m): 9:12am On Mar 21, 2015
There is a dual carriage road named after Sani Abacha in yenagoa Buhari has notin to his name nt even in his village and it would remain so becos his tots 4 Nigeria are nt pure. The prayers of majority would always be answered "the voice of the people they say is the voice of God"

1 Like

Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by WisdomFlakes: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2015
You must not reside in the same Nigeria not to understand. Having endured 6years of GEJ'S disastrous administration, yeah, Buhari does represent the necessary Change naijas are yearning for.
Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by SkyBlue1: 9:19am On Mar 21, 2015
The hype isn't Buhari, the hype is Jonathan and how bad he has been, how big a disappointment he has been considering the huge wave of enthusiasm that brought him into power last elections. The hype is how much we have made as a country over the past five years of this administration and how little there is to show for it with oil selling at over a hundred dollars. The hype is how bad PDP as a party as been and how much they have let this country down over 16 years in power. That is the hype, and it is not unfounded.
Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by dazdilijae(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2015
SkyBlue1:
The hype isn't Buhari, the hype is Jonathan and how bad he has been, how big a disappointment he has been considering the huge wave of enthusiasm that brought him into power last elections. The hype is how much we have made as a country over the past five years of this administration and how little there is to show for it with oil selling at over a hundred dollars. The hype is how bad PDP as a party as been and how much they have let this country down over 16 years in power. That is the hype, and it is not unfounded.

You say 16yrs of PDP ba? How many of those so called PDP are in the new change you shout today? Hw many Gov aspirants of the APC were PDP members? What change are you talking about? Old wine in new bottle? Would the taste change to? Al I see is hate and the corrupt fighting back @ anti-corruption( IPPIS, GINIS, PENCOM, fetlizer , Rails replacing trailers&tankers, gencos replacing tiger generators,) in your heart you know the truth but try to cover it up with hate but soon the truth shall set you free.
God bless you
God bless Nigeria
God bless GEJ
Re: Please What's The Hype About Buhari by SkyBlue1: 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
dazdilijae:

You say 16yrs of PDP ba? How many of those so called PDP are in the new change you shout today? Hw many Gov aspirants of the APC were PDP members? What change are you talking about? Old wine in new bottle? Would the taste change to? Al I see is hate and the corrupt fighting back @ anti-corruption( IPPIS, GINIS, PENCOM, fetlizer , Rails replacing trailers&tankers, gencos replacing tiger generators,) in your heart you know the truth but try to cover it up with hate but soon the truth shall set you free.
God bless you
God bless Nigeria
God bless GEJ

Keep lying to yourself with that nonsense you typed. Massive government scandal every week and you are there typing IPPIS and GINIS. How much has this government made in the past five years and what is there to show for it? IPSIS my yansh. Most recently we have a minister nominated by Jonathan to serve despite the fact that he was clearly implicated in planning vote rigging and you have the audacity to come and shout "corruption fights back" are you not ashamed? Wonders shall never cease

(1) (Reply)

Lmao!! Our President’s Name Sounds Like A Children’s Book Character? [see Photo] / Russia Is Flexing Its Muscles In Central America / Precautions To Be Taken During The Pre-election Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.