Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? (1602 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by tunde233(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
Recently, I heard a story of how a family broke up. The husband was in Abuja and the wife was in Oyo state.
They thought that because they trusted themselves, their marriage could not break. The husband
committed adultery with an illiterate lady in Abuja and wanted to marry her...
For couples living in different locations can you please share with readers
what do you miss most while away from your partner?
How do you cope while away from each other?
What measure do you take to safeguard your family from breaking up?
What reasons keep you apart?
What effects does it have on your marriage?
Your response could save a family from breaking. Thank you
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by flinton(m): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
Staying apart from your spouse is a recipe for disaster especially for young couples, I'v never bin an advocate of distant relationships
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by tunde233(m): 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
flinton:
Staying apart from your spouse is a recipe for disaster especially for young couples, I'v never bin an advocate of distant relationships

Thanks. We cannot deny the fact that it is unavoidable in some instances...and it isn't all such marriages that break.
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by KanwuliaJara: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
Oh yes o!
After living together for the first 10 years, no wahala!
Who wan inherit my "left over", I dash am with jare! kiss
Open marriage after 10 years of marriage, time to h-enjoy my life o!
Ova to the "newly-weds". . . . Una goodu lok o! cheesy

I gat NATIN to share!
Efrybarry meihn ya business!
I don't kia to know yours either! kiss

Go ask Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwaela or Hilary Clinton shiooooor!
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by flinton(m): 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
tunde233:

Thanks. We cannot deny the fact that it is unavoidable in some instances...and it isn't all such marriages that break.
Not everybody is strong to resist such temptations when they come
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by helen4(f): 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
Well it really depend on the level of their trust and understanding. When hubby got a job in another city, we both agreed for him to go cos of the financial advantage of it. But looking at what we're sacrificing I'll say it doesn't worth it. We communicate very well but the big gap is there at times i just wish he was there when i got back from work and no one to talk to (no kid yet). I assume the role of hubby and wifey now. We are weekends couple now sat and sundays. I'll say it's not the best to be apart from one's partner in any circumstances. What keeps us going is that we understand and trust each other.
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by tunde233(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
helen4:
Well it really depend on the level of their trust and understanding. When hubby got a job in another city, we both agreed for him to go cos of the financial advantage of it. But looking at what we're sacrificing I'll say it doesn't worth it. We communicate very well but the big gap is there at times i just wish he was there when i got back from work and no one to talk to (no kid yet). I assume the role of hubby and wifey now. We are weekends couple now sat and sundays. I'll say it's not the best to be apart from one's partner in any circumstances. What keeps us going is that we understand and trust each other.

Thanks for your comment I pray that God bless your family with children soonest and continue to uphold your family.
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by Woged2005(f): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
Long distance relationship is not easy and not meant for everyone. But let's not make it look like it's impossible. After all aren't some ladies successfully married to career soldiers and diplomats who are always on the move and may not come back in one piece? There are couple who see and live in the same house yet are miles distant apart emotionally because it's fight everyday. Despite living together they still cheat on each other. A cheat is a cheat and should not justify it by long distance absence.

1. With social media and real-time communication via FB, Skype, Facetime, Whatsapp, people in long-distance relationship have learned to stay in touch and close the gap.

2. Planned vacations: Rotate visits. During his vacations he visits you, and during yours you visit him. Make good use of the time and not fighting and quarreling.

3. keep yourself usefully busy either with career, education, or volunteer work in the community or the church.

4. Keep amebos and nosy 'know-it-all' friends away. They will cause you more problems than good making you see problems where there's none or even advising you where and how to cheat and get away with it. They toy with your emotions and brain.

5. Finally, plan to collapse the distance. With time plan to live together. Let the separation only be temporary maybe while he's looking for a better accommodation, or trying to file papers for his wife. Knowing that the seperation is only temporary only helps to reduce the frustration.

4 Likes

Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by helen4(f): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
tunde233:

Thanks for your comment I pray that God bless your family with children soonest and continue to uphold your family.
amen
Re: Is Your Spouse Living In Another City? by tunde233(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
Woged2005:
Long distance relationship is not easy and not meant for everyone. But let's not make it look like it's impossible. After all aren't some ladies successfully married to career soldiers and diplomats who are always on the move and may not come back in one piece? There couple who see and live in the same house yet and miles distant apart because it's fight everyday. Despite living together they still cheat on each other. A cheat is a cheat and should not justify it.

1. With social media and real-time communication via FB, Skype, Facetime, Whatsapp, people in long-distance relationship have learned to stay in touch and close the gap.

2. Planned vacations: Rotate visits. During his vacations he visits you, and during yours you visit him. Make good use of the time and not fighting and quarreling.

3. Finally, plan to collapse the distance. With time plan to live together. Let the separation only be temporary may while he's looking for a better accommodation, or trying to file papers for his wife. Knowing that the desperation is only temporary only helps to reduce the frustration.

Thanks so much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Cheat On My Hubby, But It's Not My Fault! / 5 Food That Help Fight And Reduce Belly Fat / 30 Rules For Positively Changed Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.